Jerry is right

sportsman

Reaction score
Dallas problems are not coaching but the players. When BP was here the players were making the same mistakes. The organization has gathered a team of dumb ball IQ players. BP leaves and goes to Miami with lesser talent and prove you can do more with less with smarter players.

That being said, the Dumb Balls will get a infusion of brilliants come Sunday.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
You could make the argument that players are only as smart as their teachers/coaches. And Jerry doesn't know what he's talking about, that or what he's really saying is he likes his "yes man" head coach in Jerry talk!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The blame is everywhere. Its on the players for making the same mistakes over and over again, and its on the coaches for allowing it to happen over and over again.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5Countem5;2524691 said:

Would you like to borrow my hearing aid? :)

Since you don't know me very well...I'm just messing w/ya.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So then who's to blame for getting dumb coaches to coach dumb players?

:confused:

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
If it is the players, Jerry needs to take a little heat because he put this squad together.

By saying it's not the coaches, Jerry is essentially also saying he hasn't brought in a collection of smart players during this tenure of failure.

That one's on him.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Jerry's right, huh?
Waddaya' think Billicheck would be doing with this collection of talent?

If, God forbid Dallas loses on Sunday, where do you think the blame's going to fall? Rightfully, it should land on Phillips and Garrett's heads. And hard too!!
The mistakes I saw against the Ravens, 15 games into a season, is unforgivable. Bad snaps, off sides, blown assignments..................just undisciplined to the max.

Bad coaching...........................

sportsman

Reaction score
If we lose Sunday Cowboys fans will suffer for years to come. The sad part of being a Dallas fan is we can complain about what we consider is wrong with the team but the only person that can be fired is the HC not the GM who actually brings in the talent and personalities that we currently have.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
We needed Parcells style this year.

We got a big head, and needed to be humbled. I'm hoping we are humbled by now and come out of Philly with a win.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
"Parcells style"??

Parcells style was that, his ego and doing things "my way" were more important than winning ball games. In other words, Parcells insistence on things like "establish the run", the old school way, was going to be instituted come hell or high water. No matter playing to the talent he had, by god he was going to run-first and pass-second. Doing it "my way" was first, all else second, including wins.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
lewpac;2524828 said:
"Parcells style"??

Parcells style was that, his ego and doing things "my way" were more important than winning ball games. In other words, Parcells insistence on things like "establish the run", the old school way, was going to be instituted come hell or high water. No matter playing to the talent he had, by god he was going to run-first and pass-second. Doing it "my way" was first, all else second, including wins.

It's no mystery that the organization started turning around when Bill Parcells arrived on the scene.

Also, Bill Parcells had medicore Quarterbacks for most of the time he was here. Would be interesting to see what Parcells would have done with a more seasoned Tony Romo.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
sportsman;2524687 said:
Dallas problems are not coaching but the players. When BP was here the players were making the same mistakes. The organization has gathered a team of dumb ball IQ players. BP leaves and goes to Miami with lesser talent and prove you can do more with less with smarter players.

These players in Dallas might be dumb, but they are also talented.

Also, they are largely unmotivated and poorly led.

Playeres don't listen because they neither fear nor respect Wade. Oh, sure, they will say they love Wade but they love him because he's weak and won't blister them vocally or in private or via the media.
The result? Well-paid, spoiled and lethargic players who are content with being 13-3 last year and 10-6 (if that) this year. And they'll be contend to be 8-8 next year the way the O line is developing. And the defense seems to be regressing re basic tackling technique.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2524834 said:
It's no mystery that the organization started turning around when Bill Parcells arrived on the scene.

Also, Bill Parcells had medicore Quarterbacks for most of the time he was here. Would be interesting to see what Parcells would have done with a more seasoned Tony Romo.

Parcells was HC for four years. No playoff wins.
He's coached four teams, and took three of them to at least a Conference Championship game. The Giants, Patriots and Jets, all three made it conference championship games. Two SB wins with NY, one SB appearance with the Pats, and one AFC Champ. game with the Jets.

That body of work is FAAAAARRRRRRRR removed from what he accomplished in Dallas. Dallas fans don't celebrate "turning things around". We don't have parades down main street because we made the playoffs (see New Orleans, Detriot, Seattle). Like the Yankees and Celtics and Jeff Gordon, NOTHING but a ring will do. Or at least spill some blood trying in a Conference Championship game.
Parcells had at least as much talent with Dallas (if not more) than those three other teams he took far into the playoffs. His style, his ego, his refusing to call T.O. anything besides "the player", stuff like that..........it was all about Parcells and the "Parcells way of doing things". The game had passed him by.................

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2524834 said:

Yeah, he should've let him start the 2006 season. Instead of waiting until it was almost too late.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2524696 said:
You could make the argument that players are only as smart as their teachers/coaches. And Jerry doesn't know what he's talking about, that or what he's really saying is he likes his "yes man" head coach in Jerry talk!

Since 90% of this group is Parcells players they should be smart as heck.

Thats the point.

Parcells beat all these things into a talented group of athletes but yet they still find new ways to lose a game.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
CATCH17;2524915 said:
Since 90% of this group is Parcells players they should be smart as heck.

Thats the point.

Parcells beat all these things into a talented group of athletes but yet they still find new ways to lose a game.

Outside of ;03 I was dissappointed with Parcells coaching job here. Was he less smart than he was with the Giants or N.E., I don't know? But there was certainly something lacking from him, maybe he didn't have the energy to really rail these guys for penaltys and turnovers. But he didn't bring Flozell in here and I'd be willing to guess he's responsible for atleast 1/2 of the penaties on this team for years, by himself. But Bill didn't get rid of him either so that is his partially his fault!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
sportsman;2524687 said:
r talent and prove you can do more with less with smarter players.

The internets is a wonderful place.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
lewpac;2524713 said:
Jerry's right, huh?
Waddaya' think Billicheck would be doing with this collection of talent?

If, God forbid Dallas loses on Sunday, where do you think the blame's going to fall? Rightfully, it should land on Phillips and Garrett's heads. And hard too!!
The mistakes I saw against the Ravens, 15 games into a season, is unforgivable. Bad snaps, off sides, blown assignments..................just undisciplined to the max.

Bad coaching...........................

Jerry should coax Lil' Bill here under the premise of the most insane contract this league has ever seen and the chance to totally, once and for all, put a rest to whom is the better "Bill".

Gawd, cheater and all, I can't think of another coach I would like to have here more. He is a no-nonsense, win-at-all-cost coach. And that is what a drama-ridden team such as us needs.

I would tune in for EVERY press conference!