Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I don’t know
Usually when Jerry publicly squawks about coaches , it’s just that - squawking -
He will cool down and say he had a really aggressive conversation with the staff and they know he means business - not just means - but really really means it -
No excuses until he provides excuses- he fully expects much more next season until he says he’s satisfied with what he gets - he still feels he has the best team in the world and he has done an incredible job putting it together - Dak will be better because he just will - he likes our guys until he doesn’t but he’s doing everything he can to win the Super Bowl
Go cowboys
LMAO

kevm3

Reaction score
Mike already 'picked his own staff' with Mike Nolan and produced one of the worst cowboys defenses of all time. How about getting Harbaugh or someone of his ilk and MOVING OUT THE WAY?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He is saying what he feels like we want to hear, He literally gave a couple week buffer for everything to cool off and he can back off it......

_sturt_

Reaction score
give total control

Hmmm... I don't, but then, I also don't agree with the implicit premise. Don't see Payton looking at our roster and thinking, "Damn, I can't go there without demanding total control."

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't, but then, I also don't agree with the implicit premise. Don't see Payton looking at our roster and thinking, "Damn, I can't go there without demanding total control."

Why would he not? Again he will get to choose his job and its terms...Jerry would be the only owner who calls him in with "Stipulations" to being hired...why would he do that?

johneric8

Reaction score
I get why you think this....but in reality the 9ers left points on the board....I don't think its as simple as the offense doing more and the 49ers just continuing to play the same. This team did nothing to stop the 9ers aside from a stupid interception by Jimmy G. Nevermind the defense had 2 other interceptions they could've picked off. The defense still can't stop the run. It just can't. That's a issue. If your hypothetical is right that they could've won with more from the offense...their lack of ability to stop the run would've eventually got them.

Yes, but we left points on the board as well, every team does this you have to look at this collectively.. The Cowboys defense was better by far this year, and with a good offensive effort it most likely would of been more than enough.. Our online was putrid, and kellen moore stinks..

Sydla

Reaction score
The best part of this is Jerry will sit on his decision for a week or so, then potentially fire McCarthy and all the better candidates will likely further along in the process with other teams. He approaches coaching searches like FA. Let the market settle and then he/ll swoop in for the guy willing to coach for less and willing to let Jerry meddle.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry’s a POS! Lucky he has nothing to think about when it comes to the GM. I’m sure the next coach will be the fix.

75boyz

Reaction score
The best part of this is Jerry will sit on his decision for a week or so, then potentially fire McCarthy and all the better candidates will likely further along in the process with other teams. He approaches coaching searches like FA. Let the market settle and then he/ll swoop in for the guy willing to coach for less and willing to let Jerry meddle.

Nice breakdown.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Why would he not? Again he will get to choose his job and its terms...Jerry would be the only owner who calls him in with "Stipulations" to being hired...why would he do that?

Why? Now c'mon.

Why do you make a HC change at all if you think the fundamental problem is player acquisition?

Virtually no one would have reason to presume Payton would think we have a talent problem.

Look. If Bill Parcells was able to negotiate with Jerry a situation where he was comfortable with his input into player acquisition, I have zero trouble imagining that Payton could be similarly satisfied.

And all the more, given that first line of reason above--Parcells actually had significant reason to want as much control as possible, whereas the Will McClay era has been generally heralded as superior to most other teams' work on that side.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Why? Now c'mon.

Why do you make a HC change at all if you think the fundamental problem is player acquisition?

No one, including I would be willing to presume Payton, thinks we have a talent problem.

Look. If Bill Parcells was able to negotiate with Jerry a situation where he was comfortable with his input into player acquisition, I have zero trouble imagining that Payton could be similarly satisfied.

And all the more, given that first line of reason above--Parcells actually had significant reason to want as much control as possible, whereas the Will McClay era has been generally heralded as superior to most other teams' work on that side.

Its not the player aquisition..its the Owner involed in actual game day desicions...I agree Bill got it but thats because Jerry needed a new stadium, once he got it he basically started interfering with the game day stuff and Bill left. I'll give you anything you can show me as proof Jerry values the HC position enough to write the checks and move back.

_sturt_

Reaction score

Don't think that's what happened last time.

And the JG hire was thought to be a done deal long before the existing HC was even officially fired.

These things are always fluid, no different than how the trade market in any given team sport can be... every domino has some impact on the other dominoes, some more directly than others.

I don't think that's a fair criticism of Jerry... there are others that are, but not that one.

_sturt_

Reaction score
the Owner involed in actual game day desicions

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? I honestly don't know. What specific decisions that ordinarily belong to head coaches are you suggesting Jerry is making?

_sturt_

Reaction score
I agree Bill got it but thats because Jerry needed a new stadium

Right. Had nothing to do with wanting to get out of the malaise of the previous bad coaching hires, nothing to do with winning.

We just disagree. I'm cynical. You're uber-cynical, imo.

Trajan

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if Moore was made HC. Jerry is not a smart person, very 2 dimensional thinker, and will finally show us all that taking a OC with zero experience and making him HC of the greatest franchise in football is something only Jerry can pull of and ******, he is going to prove it to all of us ! If Moore is made HC, i'm going back into hibernation, just as I did under Garrett. Regardless of what Hostile or other posters proclaimed, Garrett was never going anywhere with this team, and Moore will be the same.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Huh? What the hell are you talking about? I honestly don't know. What specific decisions that ordinarily belong to head coaches are you suggesting Jerry is making?

You dont know...TO, with Parcells? Paying MM 4 mill and telling him who his OC is...Wade and his OC..Zeke "Needing to carry it while injured, no fines for players being late to meetings on and on and on..if you dont know why are you arguing the point?