Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

lqmac1

Reaction score
Well then this begs the question......what happened?
Well I think defenses picked up on our offensive formations and knew when we were going to run or pass (there was a tweet posted ab it).

Unfortunately, our head coach and OC didn’t pick up on that so they made zero adjustments. I’m assuming it’s why we saw the difference in play from the first half to the second half of the season. Teams knew what was coming. We had that issue a couple of years ago were teams picked up on KM playcalling because he used the same hand signals in college.

Solution: Fire MM & KM. In order for teams to be able to do that and neither one of them pick up on it is a fireable offense to me. It’s inexcusable.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
I hope Jerry thinks about it better than he has the last quarter century.
And the Jerry
McCarthy isnt getting fired

Yall can keep wishing. It isnt happening
You are right. Jerry won't fire Big Mike because that's StephenS
People really listened to this interview w Jerry and came away thinking he is upset? Lololol. He doesn’t give two licks about that loss. Y’all must be new around here
My point is he doesn't seem to be open-minded about anything. He the one that's got to live with it though.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
That was the most cringe part of McCarthy's radio interview yesterday. Talking about "we're going to be very focused on penalties moving forward" a few days after being eliminated from the playoffs is about as tone-deaf as you can get.
Right. The only thing more cringeworthy would be McCarthy saying "in the offseason we're going to focus on scoring more points than the other team".

Isn't reducing penalties and putting your best players in a position to succeed something you should be working on during the game or during the season?

Quinn: Randy just tackled the offensive lineman.
McCarthy: Wait. We'll address this in offseason meetings.
Moore: Conner keeps getting holding penalties.
McCarthy: Guys, seriously stop bothering me with this stuff. We have a whole off season to talk about this.
Random Coach: Hey do you think we should call a timeout before the clock runs out?
McCarthy: Okay you know what, I'm turning the head set off. All questions will be dealt with in the off season. I can't coach the game and make coaching decisions at the same time. I'm only one man.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I like McCarthy, the team did great this year just the RBs got injured. They could have beaten San Fran

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Right. The only thing more cringeworthy would be McCarthy saying "in the offseason we're going to focus on scoring more points than the other team".

Isn't reducing penalties and putting your best players in a position to succeed something you should be working on during the game or during the season?

McCarthy: Guys, seriously stop bothering me with this stuff. We have a whole off season to talk about this.
Random Coach: Hey do you think we should call a timeout before the clock runs out?
McCarthy: Okay you know what, I'm turning the head set off. All questions will be dealt with in the off season. I can't coach the game and make coaching decisions at the same time. I'm only one man.
I don't believe this team practices or prepares the way it should. No excuse for that, period.

My3Sons

Reaction score

^^^This

MM is a Buffon.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I have a feeling he's a Wade Phillips.
It's possible he is a Wade Philips or Norv Turner, as in good coordinator vs bad coach. Right now I want to keep Quinn more than I do McCarthy which could be blinding me. I'd like to keep both, but if this was a choice I rather go with Quinn.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I disagree about the defense, if the offense shows up just a little we win, that was a good defensive effort.. Even good defenses give up runs to strong running teams.. Hell the 49ers back in the 90's got gashed by our running game but won because they scored more points... Problem is, we fixed the defense in the offseason but did nothing with degrading offense... Dak is good enough, but he needs help, and lots of it..
I get why you think this....but in reality the 9ers left points on the board....I don't think its as simple as the offense doing more and the 49ers just continuing to play the same. This team did nothing to stop the 9ers aside from a stupid interception by Jimmy G. Nevermind the defense had 2 other interceptions they could've picked off. The defense still can't stop the run. It just can't. That's a issue. If your hypothetical is right that they could've won with more from the offense...their lack of ability to stop the run would've eventually got them.

nobody

Reaction score
In fairness to him, he and McClay did imo. This team has a lot of talent. It should have gone further than it did. The coaches did fail (along with the stadium not having sufficient curtains). So, I think Jerry might be right here. Maybe he will understand now that he can just have puppets. He needs strong disciplinarians at the helm like Jimmy.

When Jerry dictates who MM's coordinator will be instead of letting the HC do his job, and Jerry keeps that open door policy with players and hamstring's the coach's ability to discipline and make threats, Jerry did NOT do his job as GM and owner. He meddled, as he always does...and it produced the same results it always does and has since 1995. He's the constant.

Did the coaches do poorly? Yes...but did they try? Because if they tried but couldn't do everything needed because of Jerry, is that on them or Jerry?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
When Jerry dictates who MM's coordinator will be instead of letting the HC do his job, and Jerry keeps that open door policy with players and hamstring's the coach's ability to discipline and make threats, Jerry did NOT do his job as GM and owner. He meddled, as he always does...and it produced the same results it always does and has since 1995. He's the constant.

Did the coaches do poorly? Yes...but did they try? Because if they tried but couldn't do everything needed because of Jerry, is that on them or Jerry?

I agree. He should have let Mike pick his own staff.