News: Jerry Jones’ Cowboys are crumbling off the field and may on it

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones’ Cowboys are crumbling off the field — and may on it

http://nypost.com/2016/07/02/jerry-jones-cowboys-are-crumbling-off-the-field-and-may-on-it/

NFL training camps open at the end of this month, and that will no doubt come as a relief to the Cowboys.

The offseason has been anything but kind to Jerry Jones’ team this year, and the bad news for Dallas is there are more than three weeks left of it.

The latest offseason body blow came late last week, when the NFL announced that troubled Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain had been suspended for the first 10 regular-season games for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy.

That announcement came just hours after the NFL confirmed Dallas defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence’s four-game ban, for violating the same policy as McClain, had been upheld.

McClain and Lawrence will join defensive end Randy Gregory, who was suspended in February for the first four games and give the Cowboys an embarrassing trifecta of defenders banned for violating the drug policy.

The bad offseason news — coming after an equally miserable 4-12 finish last season — didn’t end there for Jones and the Cowboys.

Five players key to Dallas’ bounce-back hopes also are trying to come back from offseason surgeries: Tony Romo (collarbone), Dez Bryant (foot), running back Darren McFadden (elbow), linebacker Sean Lee (knee) and newly signed defensive end Benson Mayowa (knee).

McFadden’s surgery is the most recent, and also was a PR black eye for the Cowboys because running backs coach Gary Brown initially lied and said McFadden fractured his elbow trying to catch his falling iPhone. McFadden admitted last week that it stemmed from a fall on wet cement instead...

*(Off the New York Post)

Last edited:

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
I live in Connecticut and it's practically common knowledge here, ny, mass, and jersey that the Cowboys are a complete joke from the top of the organization, Jerry, to the very bottom, Romo. From a lucky oil buffoon that's an embarrassment to the NFL and decent and proper owners like Mara and Kraft, to a pathetic choke artist for a quarterback.. Everything in between is everyone getting arrested, beating their moms, stealing underwear, failing drug tests or signing rapists.

Letting them know that Jerry is the owners' frontman and took the league to heights unseen, or Romo's qbr or win% or that he has more come from behind 4th quarter wins than any qb, or that our arrests and suspensions numbers are comparably small will not change that knowledge. It's engrained as fact. Articles like this make that fact laughably obvious. Cowboys are a complete joke. Ha ha.

(media dirtbags continuously writing everything and anything, even remotely connected to the cowboys to get clicks from halfwits that convert that bs to truth)

Vero_F250

Reaction score
I live in Connecticut and it's practically common knowledge here, ny, mass, and jersey that the Cowboys are a complete joke from the top of the organization, Jerry, to the very bottom, Romo. From a lucky oil buffoon that's an embarrassment to the NFL and decent and proper owners like Mara and Kraft, to a pathetic choke artist for a quarterback.. Everything in between is everyone getting arrested, beating their moms, stealing underwear, failing drug tests or signing rapists.

Letting them know that Jerry is the owners' frontman and took the league to heights unseen, or Romo's qbr or win% or that he has more come from behind 4th quarter wins than any qb, or that our arrests and suspensions numbers are comparably small will not change that knowledge. It's engrained as fact. Articles like this make that fact laughably obvious. Cowboys are a complete joke. Ha ha.

(media dirtbags continuously writing everything and anything, even remotely connected to the cowboys to get clicks from halfwits that convert that bs to truth)

Stationed near Boston and some of the antics are talked about by the media when it happens and the blame all goes to Jerry here. He is seen as a complete joke sure, but Romo and the rest? Not from most of the media were I'm at, especially Romo and his play. The offense is also quite feared and talked about quite a bit (they do recognize the defense is paper thin).

ksadler1

Reaction score
Is it too much to ask to enter one training camp without a butt-load of distractions and injuries? I almost hate turning on the sports news or getting on the internet every day for fear of hearing about another injury or suspension.....

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Our FO's penchant for opting for the longshots on draft day is coming back to bite 'em now. The predicament caused by the 10-game suspension of Ro McClain could have been avoided with a more practical selection in round two. I'd love for our LB, Jaylon Smith, to recover from his nerve problem as much as anyone but failing to take the next best option at LB just doesn't appear to be the wisest decision at this juncture. Here's hoping Hitchens rectifies the problem admirably.

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
This has been a pretty rough off-season, no doubt. The only saving grace is that we've got a guy who has the potential to be one of the 5-10 best offensive weapons in the league at RB.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if your players didn't get into these situations and stayed clean then there would be no reason for media to print stuff like this I hope the season gets some better but I am not sure it will.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Our FO's penchant for opting for the longshots on draft day is coming back to bite 'em now. The predicament caused by the 10-game suspension of Ro McClain could have been avoided with a more practical selection in round two. I'd love for our LB, Jaylon Smith, to recover from his nerve problem as much as anyone but failing to take the next best option at LB just doesn't appear to be the wisest decision at this juncture. Here's hoping Hitchens rectifies the problem admirably.

Here, the storyline isn't half written now...as Gregory, Lawrence, and Jones all should be very intense contributors after all is said and done.

Myself, I'd be including Sean Lee into the wisdom that has been used on the defense in the second rounds.

Getting a very strong linebacker group and bookend defensive ends from their second round picks...I don't know, looks pretty smart to this fan.

Sky is falling and burn barrel worries and all.

No matter how the tea leaves look, or bones are thrown...an opponent will still have to outscore the Dallas offense.

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
Well, don't leave us hanging. How's McFadden's iPhone?
I hate it when writers don't close out their articles

plymkr

Reaction score
One more thing. How is it a PR black eye for us that McFadden just fell like a normal human can fall instead of saving his iPhone? I don't get it. Is the media saying that those criminal Cowboys are abusing electronics now. Did McFadden allegedly throw his iPhone onto a couch full of guns? In mid November are pictures of the cracked iPhone going to surface on the internet?

I don't know man, this iPhone business is not going away. We should just cut ties with McFadden and all of his baggage now before he poisons the locker room.

Califan007

Reaction score
One more thing. How is it a PR black eye for us that McFadden just fell like a normal human can fall instead of saving his iPhone? I don't get it. Is the media saying that those criminal Cowboys are abusing electronics now. Did McFadden allegedly throw his iPhone onto a couch full of guns? In mid November are pictures of the cracked iPhone going to surface on the internet?

I don't know man, this iPhone business is not going away. We should just cut ties with McFadden and all of his baggage now before he poisons the locker room.

I think it has more to do with the conflicting stories surrounding the injury than anything else...