Twitter: Jerry Jones addresses media at Combine - 02/27/2020

cowboyed

Reaction score
Sorry to correct you . But Jerry spoke out against Equal TV Revenue and was fined by the league.

“Last week, Jerry Jones violated a gag order issued by commissioner Roger Goodell with respect to labor issues, openly criticizing the current agreement-- particularly the current system of revenue sharing in--the NFL. Due to this, Jerry will have to share some of his personal revenue with Mr. Goodell's office.
At least $100,000 worth”

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/jerry-fined-for-labor-comments/1846053/

No problem at all, I gladly stand corrected. I always believed Jerry fought for small market teams getting their fair share of revenue for the good of the sport, good of the league which would benefit the Cowboys as well. I respect you for clarifying this by researching it further. Kudos to you diehardblues.

ESisback

Reaction score
Yea , but what good would there have been without Jimmy ? And I’ve given Jerry his due for hiring Jimmy and his support early.

It’s like a marriage gone bad. After 25 years of abusive and neglected behavior are you really still touting the honeymoon?

You’ve been over the honeymoon since the honeymoon. Don’t worry bro, Jerry will be dead soon.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I've despised Jerry and his entire useless family for so long, I'm not sure how I'll feel when he kicks the bucket.

I'll be like Batman without the Joker.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm betting much depends upon how much Cooper is demanding to stick around. They likely want to retain him but the cost to do so might challenge their willingness to cough it up. Here's hoping they're willing to anti up what it takes to secure him, as long as it's within reason. ;)

Much like Dak, and maybe even more so, they've painted themselves into a corner with Cooper. They'll look like buffoons if they end up giving up a 1st round pick for a year and a half rental. So they have to sign him. So Cooper can squeeze them for an absurd amount, and likely will. That was baked in from the day we traded a 1st for him.

The need to franchise Dak if they can't get a contract and the CBA is passed should accelerate Cooper's negotiations. He probably gets his best deal here because other teams won't look like buffoons if they don't sign Cooper. Sounds like he wants to be here too.

ESisback

Reaction score
Some people will say the Cowboys are idiots no matter what they do.