Video: Jerry Jones- Amari Cooper is as good a route-runner as has ever put on a Cowboys uniform

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dont sleep on Miles Austin’s route running ability

Guy was elite until his hammys gave out on him

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Yeah I would say Terry Glenn was the last really great route runner we had.

Yeah Glenn to me is the best I've seen as a Cowboy as far as smoothly running all routes with explosive speed/quickness and creating separation.

Irvin could run all the routes but he actually preferred to play with contact and physically beat up the DB.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Cooper is pretty good, yeah. I didnt realize he was that fast, and he's got elite acceleration. I was a bit surprised when he smoked all those Commanders last game.

When healthy, Terry Glenn was definitely in the conversation. He was like a 4.6 guy at 5'10 that got by on his route running.

I see that time in places. I don't think that's right. Glenn was known as a speed player. Some guy previously reported that Newman said Glenn was the only guy who could beat him on a go route.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/how-fast-is-terry-glenn.67076/#post-1094615

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Yeah Glenn to me is the best I've seen as a Cowboy as far as smoothly running all routes with explosive speed/quickness and creating separation.

Irvin could run all the routes but he actually preferred to play with contact and physically beat up the DB.
This was probably before your time..

but Lance Alworth played for us at the end of his career

He was a notoriously good route runner and was All Pro with the Chargers for many years.

Another would be Pete Gent..Don Meredeth's Go To Guy.

And of course Drew Pearson with Staubach.

So we have had these guys before but not with the speed factor.

plasticman

Reaction score
Lol, how would you know, Jerry?

Jerry Jones, franchise historian .....gimme a break.

Drew Pearson used to bring a measuring tape to practice. It was said he made his cuts like a surgeon.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
He's right on that statement and it is rare that he is accurate in anything football related. Cooper's breaks are insane to watch!

Cooper’s breaks remind me of D Ware’s bend...you just wonder how some people do what they do while keeping their feet under them.

Speaking of change of direction, Zeke’s jump cuts have been unreal the past few games too.