Jerry Jones and Cowboys Donate $1 Million to DISD for Tornado Destruction Relief

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday, Jerry Jones donated $1 million to help rebuild the Multiple schools in the Dallas and Richardson school districts that were damaged by last Sunday night’s tornado.

He’s a bad GM. But he is certainly a kind and generous man.

Here’s some real credit Jerry has earned.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
Yesterday, Jerry Jones donated $1 million to help rebuild the Multiple schools in the Dallas and Richardson school districts that were damaged by last Sunday night’s tornado.

Dang right he is a good man!

Great post and thanks for bringing this to the attention of the board Bob.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Yes Kudos to great owner and a family who gives back a ton to the DFW community..

Bad gm maybe in the past but you dont stockpile talent like he has since 2014 , make good solid trades, avoided bad impulsive draft picks, made tough cuts from popular Vets, and the team has been winning enough to be relative every year. at some point we have to stop calling him a bad GM like the narrative about how garett sux is not true, hes not the best, he may not be championship coach but coach who regularly wins divsions, goes to the playoffs and gets an AVg of 10wins a season...well that doesnt fall under the term suck..

Im just saying both are better then we give them credit for..

Kaiser

Reaction score
Every human being has strengths and weaknesses, me more than most. When one of those humans is worth billions of dollars and in the news every single day, those strengths and weaknesses are magnified a thousand times.

Jerry has more strengths than weaknesses and at this point he is more of a spokesman and veto authority than a decision maker on the team's day to day operations .

I don't get why more people don't understand that.

Kaiser

Reaction score
what are the bottom line accomplishments you can positively point to in 23 and 10 years at their respective professional jobs?

This has been a contending team for the last five years, but why bother with that if we need to talk about 1997?

Using the argument of exactly 23 years to cut out the last Dynasty the NFL had is like saying someone who won the lottery has poor spending habits since the week they won.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it's a good thing but put that in perspective compared to net worth and the value of tax write offs. What I admire more are the philanthropists that do not need publicity for their good works. Anonymous is good enough for them.

How much money has he made off the parents and even the graduated children of those damaged schools? That wasn't a contribution, it was a publicized investment and write off.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it's a good thing but put that in perspective compared to net worth and the value of tax write offs. What I admire more are the philanthropists that do not need publicity for their good works. Anonymous is good enough for them.

How much money has he made off the parents and even the graduated children of those damaged schools? That wasn't a contribution, it was a publicized investment and write off.
No doubt. In my book, the most generous people are the ones who do that in secret, not seeking anything other than the personal satisfaction of doing the right thing.

Unfortunately nowadays there are multiple billionaires who pinch pennies like their on skid row and have no heart for the less fortunate. Jerry may/may not have sought some pub out of this. Either way glad he’s doing it.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he hired a GM he can spend more time on humanitarian deeds. It would get him the adoration he craves and help countless people.
I think anyone who helps or donates money and/or time to worthy causes or helps people in need deserves adoration and respect and I would hope most people think that way.

Football is a business and a game. Life matters more.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are people who leak donations that were not always the people who actually donated.

In some cases, the people or organization who received the donation want to show public appreciation for the help and in other cases, charities use those donation announcements to encourage more people to donate.

There have been many stories about Jerry Jones over the years where he helped people with money, airplane trips, etc. where he never said a word, but rather someone who knew about it years later revealed what he did.

Personally, I don't care if it's a tax write off, a publicity stunt or a desperate craving of attention behind it. All that matters to me is that the people who need help get it.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I think anyone who helps or donates money and/or time to worthy causes or helps people in need deserves adoration and respect and I would hope most people think that way.

Football is a business and a game. Life matters more.
I haven't and won't disagree with any of that.

Proof

Reaction score
This has been a contending team for the last five years, but why bother with that if we need to talk about 1997?

Using the argument of exactly 23 years to cut out the last Dynasty the NFL had is like saying someone who won the lottery has poor spending habits since the week they won.

It’s more like pointing out that they went broke after winning the lottery. It’s fairly obvious why the last title is the demarcation point.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are people who leak donations that were not always the people who actually donated.

In some cases, the people or organization who received the donation want to show public appreciation for the help and in other cases, charities use those donation announcements to encourage more people to donate.

There have been many stories about Jerry Jones over the years where he helped people with money, airplane trips, etc. where he never said a word, but rather someone who knew about it years later revealed what he did.

Personally, I don't care if it's a tax write off, a publicity stunt or a desperate craving of attention behind it. All that matters to me is that the people who need help get it.
They don't "need" it, this is not a situation of destitute schools that can't afford repairs or books for students. Those schools are not charities.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Last year Jerry's jet flew Michael Gallup back and forth to his brother's funeral when most teams would have paid for a commercial flight ticket, if even that. The articles talking about it clearly weren't surprised because they know he does stuff like that all the time.

Jerry has plenty of flaws, but being frugal isn't one of them.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It’s more like pointing out that they went broke after winning the lottery. It’s fairly obvious why the last title is the demarcation point.

This has been a contending team for five years and the NFL hasn't had any dynasty teams since the Cowboys teams of the 90's. The closest thing has been the Patriots, which hasn't been that type of dominant team. They have won rings because of the intersection of Belichick, the Tom Brady draft choice and an organization that will cheat until it gets caught.

Proof

Reaction score
This has been a contending team for five years and the NFL hasn't had any dynasty teams since the Cowboys teams of the 90's. The closest thing has been the Patriots, which hasn't been that type of dominant team. They have won rings because of the intersection of Belichick, the Tom Brady draft choice and an organization that will cheat until it gets caught.

“Contending”

75boyz

Reaction score

And doing the same thing over and over the same way and with the same people with their same philosophy and expecting different results is the definition of what again?

A quickie...
2007 and 2016 both accomplished home field thruout years...
As a franchise to accomplish this twice, what franchise in the last decade as #1 seed did not at least reach the championship game?

So even in their very best years, nothing is accomplished.

Not enough was done beforehand to ensure the best possible potential for team success.

Does last year merit mentioning as to defensive tackle weakness?

In the back of your mind do you not think just maybe a 1T defensive tackle could help stop the likes of a HOF RB Aaron Jones in a potential playoff matchup?

A run stopping DT to keep Smith and LVE clean at the second level...
It ain't rocket science. Bennett is a start for the pass rush.

Last edited: