Jerry Jones and Cowboys Donate $1 Million to DISD for Tornado Destruction Relief

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry and the Boys dodged a major baseball bat to the head.
It was like major tornado central just cruising through the area.
Jerry got insurance of course, so it was a great gesture for Jerry and the Cowboys.
Now go pay for your 10 dollar beer!
lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They don't "need" it, this is not a situation of destitute schools that can't afford repairs or books for students. Those schools are not charities.
Exactly , donate to some of the downtown urban school districts who can’t even afford computers.

Some of these suburban school districts like Jerry donated to have 64 million dollar stadiums .

This modest donation by Jerry is a modest make himself feel good charity. Not impressed!

75boyz

Reaction score
If we were "exposed" and have obvious "tells", why are the Rams the only team that have killed us in the running game over the last 16 games?

I guess if 273 yards rushing allowed is "killed" then you got me there. I thought a couple of the others I mentioned in Colts, Pack and even Giants(altho they lost) were effective examples. Just maybe not kills. Yeah, you're right. My understanding of run defense is probably way off...

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Good for Jerry fot doing that. But it's nothing more than a sleight of hand.

https://i.*******/qk4uvz71z4811.gif

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I guess if 273 yards rushing allowed is "killed" then you got me there. I thought a couple of the others I mentioned in Colts, Pack and even Giants(altho they lost) were effective examples. Just maybe not kills. Yeah, you're right. My understanding of run defense is probably way off...

You said the Colts "exposed" the Cowboys. The Colts game was part of their second half where they went 7 - 1, then had a playoff game with Seattle where they allowed 73 yards rushing. They had the 6th best rushing defense in the NFL for the season last year.

I already posted about the games this year. Either Woods was out or they stopped the run, with the one exception of the Giants game where they were playing a RB who might be the best in the NFL, but in a game where they dominated on offense.

You posted three examples out of the last 18 games, when two of those were games where the 1T was out with an injury. Not a convincing argument at all.

75boyz

Reaction score
You said the Colts "exposed" the Cowboys. The Colts game was part of their second half where they went 7 - 1, then had a playoff game with Seattle where they allowed 73 yards rushing. They had the 6th best rushing defense in the NFL for the season last year.

I already posted about the games this year. Either Woods was out or they stopped the run, with the one exception of the Giants game where they were playing a RB who might be the best in the NFL, but in a game where they dominated on offense.

You posted three examples out of the last 18 games, when two of those were games where the 1T was out with an injury. Not a convincing argument at all.

You win. I concede. I’m not a need to have the last word guy. Antuan Woods is the answer and opponent running games will now be shut down with his full health and return to starter status. I stand corrected.

We like our guys.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Every human being has strengths and weaknesses, me more than most. When one of those humans is worth billions of dollars and in the news every single day, those strengths and weaknesses are magnified a thousand times.

Jerry has more strengths than weaknesses and at this point he is more of a spokesman and veto authority than a decision maker on the team's day to day operations .

I don't get why more people don't understand that.
Couldn't agree more with your post. Jerry being a puppet master is old exaggerated criticism. He is a marketer and spokesman and some folks confuse that with him meddling and others blame him as he is the owner of the team. And you are right, it is management by committee with the Cowboys staff and he does have veto authority particularly being owner.

I wouldn't mind seeing a more 110 % devoted GM at the helm however. Post Super Bowl years it has been many years of under-achievement but this decade things are looking up. Jerry has enough things on his plate and he is very long in the tooth. The defacto GM is the duo of McClay and Stephen Jones.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yesterday, Jerry Jones donated $1 million to help rebuild the Multiple schools in the Dallas and Richardson school districts that were damaged by last Sunday night’s tornado.

He’s a bad GM. But he is certainly a kind and generous man.

Here’s some real credit Jerry has earned.

Worth Billions = heres a dime for relief.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
Yes, it's a good thing but put that in perspective compared to net worth and the value of tax write offs. What I admire more are the philanthropists that do not need publicity for their good works. Anonymous is good enough for them.

How much money has he made off the parents and even the graduated children of those damaged schools? That wasn't a contribution, it was a publicized investment and write off.
He did not have to give ANYTHING and still would have made a boat load of $$$. You think that the Cowboys are JJ's only source of making $$$? If he would have gave $$$ to help YOU out of a bad situation I am sure you would not be on here finding stupid reasons why he did it!

dfense

Reaction score
Yes, it's a good thing but put that in perspective compared to net worth and the value of tax write offs. What I admire more are the philanthropists that do not need publicity for their good works. Anonymous is good enough for them.

How much money has he made off the parents and even the graduated children of those damaged schools? That wasn't a contribution, it was a publicized investment and write off.
Jerrah has done a lot of stuff you never hear about. But thanks for putting a negative twist on a great gesture.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yesterday, Jerry Jones donated $1 million to help rebuild the Multiple schools in the Dallas and Richardson school districts that were damaged by last Sunday night’s tornado.

He’s a bad GM. But he is certainly a kind and generous man.

Here’s some real credit Jerry has earned.

Jerry is only a bad GM when he holds onto players too long and coaches too long. Other than that he gets it done.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is only a bad GM when he holds onto players too long and coaches too long. Other than that he gets it done.
Jerry is a great GM when he has a great coach to balance his instincts and craziness. That’s why it’s been two plus decades since we’ve been relevant when it counts. Other than that...lol.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Especially when he turned player contracts over to the others.

I would also say he learned not to trade #1 picks for a WR but Amari Cooper almost makes up for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.

Aven8

Reaction score
Especially when he turned player contracts over to the others.

I would also say he learned not to trade #1 picks for a WR but Amari Cooper almost makes up for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.

People give Stephen crap but the dude doesn’t have the loyalty problems his Daddy does.