Jerry Jones and Cowboys Donate $1 Million to DISD for Tornado Destruction Relief

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes Kudos to great owner and a family who gives back a ton to the DFW community..

Bad gm maybe in the past but you dont stockpile talent like he has since 2014 , make good solid trades, avoided bad impulsive draft picks, made tough cuts from popular Vets, and the team has been winning enough to be relative every year. at some point we have to stop calling him a bad GM like the narrative about how garett sux is not true, hes not the best, he may not be championship coach but coach who regularly wins divsions, goes to the playoffs and gets an AVg of 10wins a season...well that doesnt fall under the term suck..

Im just saying both are better then we give them credit for..
Well stated.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This has been a contending team for five years and the NFL hasn't had any dynasty teams since the Cowboys teams of the 90's. The closest thing has been the Patriots, which hasn't been that type of dominant team. They have won rings because of the intersection of Belichick, the Tom Brady draft choice and an organization that will cheat until it gets caught.
Did you just say the Patriots are not and have not been a dynasty?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Does last year merit mentioning as to defensive tackle weakness?

In the back of your mind do you not think just maybe a 1T defensive tackle could help stop the likes of a HOF RB Andrew Jones in a potential playoff matchup?

I think half the positions on this team could be upgraded with an unlimited budget, but that doesn't exist in the era of the salary cap.

Dallas has a 1T and his name is Antwuan Woods. He plays well on minimum salary but has missed games, which could also happen to your massively expensive FA signing.

In the games he has been healthy they gave up 4.1 YPC against the Eagles but most of that was second half runs from passing sets when Philly was down by four scores. The game before that they gave up 2.8 YPC to the Jets, 2.8 YPC to the Commanders. (Before that they gave up 120 yards to Saquan Barkley in a game they dominated, but 60 yards was on one run with multiple breakdowns, none of which were the DTs).

The issues in the Rams game have been posted many times, the Rams were a great team that played great and had a great scheme, and even then Collins was playing hurt and the Cowboys held the Rams RBs to an average below their season average until Woods tore his labrum in the second quarter and gutted out the rest of the game.

75boyz

Reaction score
Well stated.

When, if ever will the standard/bar level of expectation be that "they should make the playoffs and at least contend for a title? Be one of the 12 teams to make the playoffs consistently?"

With all your aforementioned progress stipulated here, when will said progress translate to a consistent playoff contender on the field?

And when will expecting this level of performance become okay or normal even?

It is not okay to accept status quo. It is okay to point out 3 playoff wins in 23 years...or is it 4 now from last year? Regardless...

History repeats itself if you don't change things

Hope is not a strategy

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you just say the Patriots are not and have not been a dynasty?
Not sure what constitutes "that type of dominant team" when they've been the only one and I would define dynasty with that team before any other. The 60's Packers, 80's Steelers and 80's Niners were dynasties more than the 90's Cowboys to me but none of them approach what the Patriots have accomplished and with so many parts. Those other teams, I could associate the players with the dynasty but other than Brady, I can't do that with the Patriots. Those others were dynasty teams, the Patriots have been a dynasty franchise like none I've seen before.

And the cheating thing is laughable, very sour grapes. Other teams just haven't been caught and in those cases where they were caught, the other teams could have done the cheating and still lost.

Ya know, I didn't like those dynasties and I don't like the Patriots but I do respect what they were/are. I really didn't like the Steelers but there's not another D I'd prefer to watch and no other O better that Walsh's. I respect greatness and that's what I see when I watch the Patriots and there's only one of them. There is only one truly great team.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think half the positions on this team could be upgraded with an unlimited budget, but that doesn't exist in the era of the salary cap.

Dallas has a 1T and his name is Antwuan Woods. He plays well on minimum salary but has missed games, which could also happen to your massively expensive FA signing.

In the games he has been healthy they gave up 4.1 YPC against the Eagles but most of that was second half runs from passing sets when Philly was down by four scores. The game before that they gave up 2.8 YPC to the Jets, 2.8 YPC to the Commanders. (Before that they gave up 120 yards to Saquan Barkley in a game they dominated, but 60 yards was on one run with multiple breakdowns, none of which were the DTs).

The issues in the Rams game have been posted many times, the Rams were a great team that played great and had a great scheme, and even then Collins was playing hurt and the Cowboys held the Rams RBs to an average below their season average until Woods tore his labrum in the second quarter and gutted out the rest of the game.

The Colts with Nelson and their center first exposed the d line vulnerability and the Rams, along with the highly publicized tells of the defensive scheme alignments, followed up the same plan and further exploited it.. Marlin Mack and the fat boy Denver retread are not what I would call God's gift to the RB position. Gurley is a given.

Cutting them some slack this year I will give Barkley his just individual ability in game one because the NYG oline, altho possibly improved, ain't too much better than recent years if you watch their games.

The way the un heralded Aaron Jones ran on them with GB was the same as the Colts and Ram games of 2018. Inexcusable and a glaring weakness at 1T. A one hundred percent health Antuan Woods is not a credible answer even if he got a steroid shot in the butt prior to kick off. I kinda think you know this or at least hope you do.

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don't "need" it, this is not a situation of destitute schools that can't afford repairs or books for students. Those schools are not charities.
So basically you want to be the one to decide who needs things and who does not?

You realize there will ALWAYS be someone worse off than the beneficiary of any donation?

I mean why donate money to the Heart Association because there are homeless people who need it more?

Why donate money to homeless people when there are people dying from incurable diseases?

Why donate money to helping cure adult diseases when there are kids dying from incurable diseases?

I am glad you feel qualified to decide who is worthy of other people's money and time.

Personally, I like when people help other people no matter their motivation or how insignificant in the grand scheme it may be such as how the Cowboys do each season.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Not sure what constitutes "that type of dominant team" when they've been the only one and I would define dynasty with that team before any other. The 60's Packers, 80's Steelers and 80's Niners were dynasties more than the 90's Cowboys to me but none of them approach what the Patriots have accomplished and with so many parts. Those other teams, I could associate the players with the dynasty but other than Brady, I can't do that with the Patriots. Those others were dynasty teams, the Patriots have been a dynasty franchise like none I've seen before.

And the cheating thing is laughable, very sour grapes. Other teams just haven't been caught and in those cases where they were caught, the other teams could have done the cheating and still lost.

Ya know, I didn't like those dynasties and I don't like the Patriots but I do respect what they were/are. I really didn't like the Steelers but there's not another D I'd prefer to watch and no other O better that Walsh's. I respect greatness and that's what I see when I watch the Patriots and there's only one of them. There is only one truly great team.
I really hope he explains why they don't qualify.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes Kudos to great owner and a family who gives back a ton to the DFW community..

Bad gm maybe in the past but you dont stockpile talent like he has since 2014 , make good solid trades, avoided bad impulsive draft picks, made tough cuts from popular Vets, and the team has been winning enough to be relative every year. at some point we have to stop calling him a bad GM like the narrative about how garett sux is not true, hes not the best, he may not be championship coach but coach who regularly wins divsions, goes to the playoffs and gets an AVg of 10wins a season...well that doesnt fall under the term suck..

Im just saying both are better then we give them credit for..
No doubt JJ is better than he used to be as a GM. But I will reserve giving football “credit” to Jerry until this team wins at least two playoff games in a row for the first time since ‘95.

The NFL is a bottom line league where gaining credit is a very narrow path that few achieve. Jerry should know- it’s been a long time since he’s been there. But he’s certainly a generous man and for that deserves some accolade.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, it's a good thing but put that in perspective compared to net worth and the value of tax write offs. What I admire more are the philanthropists that do not need publicity for their good works. Anonymous is good enough for them.

How much money has he made off the parents and even the graduated children of those damaged schools? That wasn't a contribution, it was a publicized investment and write off.
I don't know how it was discovered that he gave these donations, maybe he rang a big bell in the town square, next to a billboard with his face on it...Maybe he just didn't tell people to keep it anonymous, so they felt it was their duty to let everyone else know. Either way, there's nothing wrong with wanting people to see that you're generous, and care about other human beings, especially when you're as publicly maligned on a regular basis as Jerry is.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So basically you want to be the one to decide who needs things and who does not?

You realize there will ALWAYS be someone worse off than the beneficiary of any donation?

I mean why donate money to the Heart Association because there are homeless people who need it more?

Why donate money to homeless people when there are people dying from incurable diseases?

Why donate money to helping cure adult diseases when there are kids dying from incurable diseases?

I am glad you feel qualified to decide who is worthy of other people's money and time.

Personally, I like when people help other people no matter their motivation or how insignificant in the grand scheme it may be such as how the Cowboys do each season.
Nope, not my job but I don't buy in on what is an obvious publicity opportunity and tax write off at the right time of year and do not underestimate Booger wanting to steal some thunder after Mark Cuban donated 100K.

If you'd care to look it up, the largest donations charities receive are anonymous by demand from the donors and I wonder of they told him their policy is that it would have to remain anonymous, if he would have given 1M? Everything about this guy is exposure to the media and posturing. Why do you think you know the toys in his toy box and the prices of them. Think that's an accident?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know how it was discovered that he gave these donations, maybe he rang a big bell in the town square, next to a billboard with his face on it...Maybe he just didn't tell people to keep it anonymous, so they felt it was their duty to let everyone else know. Either way, there's nothing wrong with wanting people to see that you're generous, and care about other human beings, especially when you're as publicly maligned on a regular basis as Jerry is.
He's only been publicity maligned as person on that strippergate situation. Persons who make donations of that size stipulate whether it will be anonymous, they don't rely on the recipient agency to determine that.

Runny, he invites any maligning as the owner and has from the beginning when he began to try and use the media for free promotion of his team. You will not see any NFL owner seeking the spotlight like this one and everything feeds that need including this and he will make back that 1M on his taxes.

irishline

Reaction score
If you'd care to look it up, the largest donations charities receive are anonymous by demand from the donors and I wonder of they told him their policy is that it would have to remain anonymous, if he would have given 1M? Everything about this guy is exposure to the media and posturing. Why do you think you know the toys in his toy box and the prices of them. Think that's an accident?t.

This is simply not true. I am a director for a non-profit. If you look at the largest donation made per year over the past decade only one of them was anonymous. It is reported quite freely.

There any many different reasons someone chooses to donate. Publicity is honestly rarely the main motivation even if they want their name to be released. That said, yes it is up to the donor and there are some who ask to remain anonymous, but that number is not nearly as high as you suggest it to be.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-charity-donations-in-the-past-decade-2018-11

https://www.philanthropy.com/article/America-s-Superrich-Made/242446

https://www.philanthropy.com/interactives/philanthropy-50

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is simply not true. I am a director for a non-profit. If you look at the largest donation made per year over the past decade only one of them was anonymous. It is reported quite freely.

There any many different reasons someone chooses to donate. Publicity is honestly rarely the main motivation even if they want their name to be released. That said, yes it is up to the donor and there are some who ask to remain anonymous, but that number is not nearly as high as you suggest it to be.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biggest-charity-donations-in-the-past-decade-2018-11

https://www.philanthropy.com/article/America-s-Superrich-Made/242446

https://www.philanthropy.com/interactives/philanthropy-50
I wasn't referring to the highest single donations but I've been told by almost all of the major charities I've worked with over the years, United Way, Make-A-Wish and others, that the majority of the contribution is anonymous. I also agree that giving isn't publicity driven except to challenge others to pledge; however, I've never seen anyone like this cat and his desire for the spotlight so I suspect anything he does is to feed that need.

I am also not saying that Booger doesn't have a big heart and he is responsible for The Salvation Army getting so much support. I just see Cuban making a donation of 100K and then Booger ups him and it's news. I could be totally wrong about him in this instance but I don't think so. The Mavs are on the rebound with their new superstars and he doesn't like any competition for attention. Wouldn't surprise me to see Cuban react to his donation.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The Colts with Nelson and their center first exposed the d line vulnerability and the Rams, along with the highly publicized tells of the defensive scheme alignments, followed up the same plan and further exploited it..

If we were "exposed" and have obvious "tells", why are the Rams the only team that have killed us in the running game over the last 16 games?

Kaiser

Reaction score
In your mind why don't they qualify as one and what exactly does?

You realize I was giving you the opportunity to realize the stupidity of what you said right?

Whining and stalking aren't a good combination Britney.