Jerry Jones blind to enemy colors, why fans are turned off by Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet the season ticket holders that went wish they sold their tickets.

You may be right.
I did sell my tickets, they sold over a month ago. I'm out of town, so could not go. So had to sell them. On NFL ticket Exchange, so I have no idea if they were Cowboys or 49ers fans. I do know they paid more than double face value.
No I'm not into it to make $$$, just to get my cost back on games I can't attend. This makes up for the loss I took on the pre season games.

hutch1254

Reaction score
Seeing the amount of red in the stadium was embarrassing. I can't really blame any Cowboy fan for selling their ticket to make their money back. It's a business decision with a shrewdness that Jerry himself would admire. My understanding is that the Cowboy fan base in the stadium is very corporate these days (I'm going by what I hear and read.) The real or diehard yelling fans are the ones that show up at the away games because they can't afford the home ticket in most cases. Living in Buffalo I see a similar situation in Toronto with Maple Leafs hockey. The crowd is completely corporate. True Leafs fans drive to Buffalo to see their team when they play the Sabres because they can afford the ticket and it's atmosphere is that of a real fan, not corporate. Leafs fans come to Buffalo to see their team because they've been pushed out of their own home. The Maple Leafs are one of the storied franchises in hockey and now they're a laughing stock to most fans who live in Canada. Very similar situation going on between Leafs hockey and Cowboys football. Extremely disappointing.

It's too bad. The organization is light years away from what it used to be and how people/teams used to look at the team. I want my team back.

Unfortunately, how I feel right now, there is really nothing more to talk about in regard to the organization until Jerry is gone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He thought he sold the seats to Cowboys fans. Not his fault if those "fans" sell out before the season even starts.

Actually I think it is.

If he had put together a better product, they might be interested enough to show up.

But, because of the joke of locking in ticketholders with PSL's and other legalized extortion, the billionaires get richer either way.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I've been reading for years the only way to hurt Jerry was thru the wallet.

It'll be interesting to see home games where the opponent doesn't have a large fan base.

Empty seats maybe?

Zman5

Reaction score
Jerry didn't see Red here, Red there, Red everywhere.

In fact, only color he sees when he looks around the stadium is Green.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
why do people compare Johnnie Walker Jones to Al Davis? Davis may have completely lost his mind the last decade of his life (though he managed to get the Raiders to SB in 2002), but Oakland Al was a coach and scout long before he became Managing General Partner of the Raiders.

Davis' track record included keeping the Raiders at or near the top of the AFL/NFL for nearly 3 decades. Jones, even if you want to credit him for '92-'95, a massive stretch, has been an abject failure as a football man for nearly 2 decades save for a few seasons. I dont think there is any comparison, and frankly its a slap in the face to a HOFer like Davis.

TonyS

Reaction score
Sounds like Jerry is reaping what he has sown over the past 20 years. Glad to see San Francisco enjoying a win for their team. The Cowboys fans out there still thinking it is about "loyalty to the team" are living in the past. Owners are not loyal to you, especially Jerry, he is only loyal to his checkbook. There's a difference between pride and ego. Pride is knowing what you are and allowing someone better qualified to do your job and fix your mistakes. Ego is not knowing what you are and thinking you can still fix the problems that you are causing. Jerry is full of ego.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
giphy.gif

You get a Like just for the Iceman reference!

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
It was emabarrassing to see that is for sure. I think the majority of the fanbase is just worn out with the mediorcrity this team continues to portray. With that the stadium should not be red the first game of the year and that is why it is a sad day. Cubs fans show up, Cardinal fans showed up when they went through a decade long slump, the pack, the raiders...

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
why do people compare Johnnie Walker Jones to Al Davis? Davis may have completely lost his mind the last decade of his life (though he managed to get the Raiders to SB in 2002), but Oakland Al was a coach and scout long before he became Managing General Partner of the Raiders.

Davis' track record included keeping the Raiders at or near the top of the AFL/NFL for nearly 3 decades. Jones, even if you want to credit him for '92-'95, a massive stretch, has been an abject failure as a football man for nearly 2 decades save for a few seasons. I dont think there is any comparison, and frankly its a slap in the face to a HOFer like Davis.

The comparison, I think, is because for many years they were declining. Reaching in the draft. Very Jerry-ish.

I agree though. Al Davis forgot more football than Jerry will ever know.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The only difference between Jerry and other owners in the NFL is that Dallas is a brand so when Cowboys fans don't go other people do. As an owner, of course you would rather have the seats full than empty....

It's not like 9ers fans are going to flood a game in Jacksonville.

Cowboys fans sold their tickets to the home opener. That's all there really is to say about it, imo.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't think he's blind. But, it's hard to sit there and knock it when it just means more money. I would be willing to bet that away fans probably spend more at the stadium than the home team fans.

I'm not sure what people think he should say. Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets the message enough to finally give up GM duties, but I'm not sure what any other response that would please everybody would be.

YR

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
The only difference between Jerry and other owners in the NFL is that Dallas is a brand so when Cowboys fans don't go other people do. As an owner, of course you would rather have the seats full than empty....

It's not like 9ers fans are going to flood a game in Jacksonville.

Cowboys fans sold their tickets to the home opener. That's all there really is to say about it, imo.

They should. Jacksonville has swimming pools & cabanas. Or will.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He thought he sold the seats to Cowboys fans. Not his fault if those "fans" sell out before the season even starts.

When you are in charge of putting a substandard product on the field, when you have three straight seasons of 8-8, when you say this years team is going to be an uphill battle...yes, you have a good bit of accountability when it comes to fans either not buying tickets to the game or selling the tickets they had to others.

leicafan

Reaction score
So now the Cowboys lost, we just blame the fans who sold the tickets to someone they don't know if they are Cowboys or 49ers fans? Why not try blaming the organization and the team, or the favorite target Jerry Jones.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Regardless of the credit one believes Jerry deserves or does not deserve for the Super Bowl wins in the 1990s, I think we can all agree the modern game has passed him by.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
All I know is Jerry has single handedly dismantled the great dynasty I grew up loving, and I hate him for it.

Hate is such a strong word but when Jerry comes to mind I think of pipe-wielding Cowboys fans, a blow torch, and a pair of pliers.