Jerry Jones blind to enemy colors, why fans are turned off by Cowboys

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I hope all of the season ticket holders sell their tickets to the opposing team's fans, maybe then Mr. Burns will start to see what he has done to this organization.

Memo from Jerry: I never notice the fans. I have tunnel vision at games. I only watch the field.

He seriously said that. Believe it. Jerry never lies. o_O

Wayne02

Reaction score
Memo from Jerry: I never notice the fans. I have tunnel vision at games. I only watch the field.

He's seriously said that. Believe it. Jerry never lies. o_O

Yea and the pictures with those women were just his personal assistants. Trust me, some posters on this board would believe it if Jerry told them, he never lies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yea and the pictures with those women were just his personal assistants. Trust me, some posters on this board would believe it if Jerry told them, he never lies.

Was that really necessary?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

He was misrepresented re those pictures. Whatever that means.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It was very necessary, because some posters on here believes anything that comes out of that old geezers mouth.

No, what you said above is a valid expression. I wouldn't say the same when defaming a pretty decent family is involved as well as to actual ethics involved. I wouldn't have made it past a situation involving black mail, myself.

bysbox1

Reaction score
why do people compare Johnnie Walker Jones to Al Davis? Davis may have completely lost his mind the last decade of his life (though he managed to get the Raiders to SB in 2002), but Oakland Al was a coach and scout long before he became Managing General Partner of the Raiders.

Davis' track record included keeping the Raiders at or near the top of the AFL/NFL for nearly 3 decades. Jones, even if you want to credit him for '92-'95, a massive stretch, has been an abject failure as a football man for nearly 2 decades save for a few seasons. I dont think there is any comparison, and frankly its a slap in the face to a HOFer like Davis.

And those few seasons were either a) When the core of the team Jimmy Johnson built was still here, or b) When Parcells or the core of the Parcell's team was still here in Wade Phillips first year.

IMHO, Jerry has had no success as GM.

Wayne02

Reaction score
No, what you said above is a valid expression. I wouldn't say the same when defaming a pretty decent family is involved as well as to actual ethics involved. I wouldn't have made it past a situation involving black mail, myself.

A decent family? You can't possibly be talking about the Jones family? I live in Dallas and I have seen this man in public completely acting as if he didn't have a family at home. What I said was completely valid. Maybe you dictate being decent by the amount of money in your bank account?

CCBoy

Reaction score
A decent family? You can't possibly be talking about the Jones family? I live in Dallas and I have seen this man in public completely acting as if he didn't have a family at home. What I said was completely valid. Maybe you dictate being decent by the amount of money in your bank account?

Oh, and on word of mouth you expect a pass on this as well? I live in Texas. But do you also sell articles to the Inquirer?

Wayne02

Reaction score
Oh, and on word of mouth you expect a pass on this as well? I live in Texas. But do you also sell articles to the Inquirer?

What does that have to do with anything that you said? You said that the Jones family was a decent family, and we and everyone else who has seen and been around Jerry Jones knows that is a complete lie.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I thought, but from what I've read, it's a great situation and guaranteed income for the billionaire owners and a lousy deal to get locked into for a fan.

And, given the current product and the situation like we witnessed yesterday, I think any fan selling the rights would do so at a loss right now.

It's bad enough to pay the price they're asking, but to get locked in to paying that price?

Ridiculous.

Yes, great deal for owners, bad deal for the fans, yes. But depends on how one looks at it from the fan standpoint, and certain situations.
right now, due to traveling from work, I been thinking of selling my PSL's. As it's just a hassle selling the tickets to get my money back. But I have expensive seats too.
The PSL's can be payable over 30 years. If I could get someone to take over my balance, or possiby a bit extra, then I probably would. I never expected to ever regain the original price nor to make a profit. The point was to go to all the games. Had a friend split half, but he had to back out, so I was left with both seats. Then I had to hit the road for work again.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, great deal for owners, bad deal for the fans, yes. But depends on how one looks at it from the fan standpoint, and certain situations.
right now, due to traveling from work, I been thinking of selling my PSL's. As it's just a hassle selling the tickets to get my money back. But I have expensive seats too.
The PSL's can be payable over 30 years. If I could get someone to take over my balance, or possiby a bit extra, then I probably would. I never expected to ever regain the original price nor to make a profit. The point was to go to all the games. Had a friend split half, but he had to back out, so I was left with both seats. Then I had to hit the road for work again.

For what it's worth, I feel for ya.

But the only thing I would ever get locked into for 30 years has a front door and a roof on it.

I hope you can get out of it.