Jerry Jones coming up on CBS This Morning

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok, confidence that jerry jones has to build this team and win a Lombardi trophy.
Jerry has done it his way last 16 years, how has that worked for you Jerry.
1. That's the main problem, players know your the boss, head coach isn't in real authority. YOU Jerry Jones don't hold players accountable. Jerry you and your son don't have contracts done right. Case in point, the eagles dream team that signed over 7 players, their contracts didn't hold the team hostage like you and Stephen have held cowboys hostage.
2. Further back up what you and management have done. When Jimmy Johnson was here, players had to work out in Dallas, be in shape or they were gone. You have allowed players through contract to hold the dallas cowboys hostage by not working out in Dallas or under trainers. This goes back to Jay Ratliff who chose not to work out in Dallas, who told u he couldn't play this year, but now Jay is going to play against the Cowboys supposedly with the Bears. To further back that up, word has surfaced that Miles Austin hasn't wanted to work out like trainers want him to, and Austin has had hamstring troubles last 3 years. This all isn't the head coach or trainers issue, but what you and Stephen have done Jerry.

You don't hold the players accountable, so why should the players be worried. Jason Garrett the head coach cant do his job, when you don't give him authority to do so, when you Jerry Jones have said repeatedly that you Jerry Jones will decide the final 53 man roster, and you Jerry Jones will decide who suits up on game day.

You Jerry Jones is the only person that is still active with the Cowboys the last 16 years, with just 1 playoff win. You have hired and fired 5 head coaches since 1997 Jerry.

So, you think you can keep running the Cowboys like this another 15 years or more Jerry? Your sales are down from reports about 20 % the last 2 years. Wake up Jerry. As a owner your the best, and with money you have, but as GM, your not. Look at the mirror, now who is really hurting the Cowboys Jerry?

Even Roger Staubach said that you should give up some control a few days ago. Even Roger walked away from his super business a few years ago.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
he also said he's not giving up the GM duties, said there are advantages to having upper mgmt and "the man who writes the checks" as close as possible. also he hopes to be doing this for another 15-20 years.

http://i928.***BLOCKED***/albums/ad127/Bammers1021/godzilla-facepalm_zps59a7bbec.jpg

Reaction score
he also said he's not giving up the GM duties, said there are advantages to having upper mgmt and "the man who writes the checks" as close as possible. also he hopes to be doing this for another 15-20 years.

Oh boy.

Now I'm really depressed.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
15-20 more years of Jerry? Great, I'll have my Sundays free until my son graduates college and might save enough money to pay for a full year or two of the tuition.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

God willing, he won't.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
Stephen will be the same way so like 30-40 more years.

This is what I'm really afraid of. Jerry has been teaching Stephen that the Cowboys are a Jones family toy that happens to make them a lot of money. So when Great Leader passes, Dear Leader will take over and continue the mindset that mandates a Generalissimo Manager for Life.

Now, I think Stephen may be a good "football guy" -- hopefully better than Jerry who has educated himself over the years into a mediocre "football guy". But sometimes change has to happen at the top. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but the Cowboys look like a team where that change can be only minimal and where we fans better get used to the middle of the NFL pack.

Reaction score
This is what I'm really afraid of. Jerry has been teaching Stephen that the Cowboys are a Jones family toy that happens to make them a lot of money. So when Great Leader passes, Dear Leader will take over and continue the mindset that mandates a Generalissimo Manager for Life.

Now, I think Stephen may be a good "football guy" -- hopefully better than Jerry who has educated himself over the years into a mediocre "football guy". But sometimes change has to happen at the top. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but the Cowboys look like a team where that change can be only minimal and where we fans better get used to the middle of the NFL pack.
I'm hoping Stephen isn't the egomaniac his father is and he will hire a GM when the time comes.

That's all we can hope for really.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Stephen will be the same way so like 30-40 more years.

I fully expect Jerry to have himself cryogenically preserved until medicine allows for perpetual life at which time he will return and take over the reigns again. Folks, get used to mediocrity until the end of days.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
This franchise is doomed. Jerry must have made a deal with the devil for those three super bowls in the 90's.

If you think he's bad now imagine jj 10 years from now.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I'll either move on to a new team or be dead & I can't afford to be made into a human Popsicle.

Either way Jerry isn't in my senior citizen plans.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
15 or 20 years?

Fellas, it's going to be a long, cold, dark, and absolutely miserable couple of decades for the Dallas Cowboys....

Gahhhh!