Jerry Jones coming up on CBS This Morning

birdwells1

Reaction score
when you hear attention grabbing interviews like this from jerry, you have to sometimes wonder, what's the point?

You answered your own question, ATTENTION. Why do shows like Entourage, The League? Why do all the commercials that he does? He obviously doesn't need the money but he craves the ATTENTION. He's a bigger "box office" attraction than Romo and that's just the way he likes it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he was going to announce the national launch of "DALLAS COWBOYS SECRET SAUCE"

Makes your Thanksgiving dinner just that much better.

They did come out with a product after the son-in-law was seen cleaning Jerry's eye glasses.

visionary

Reaction score
You answered your own question, ATTENTION. Why do shows like Entourage, The League? Why do all the commercials that he does? He obviously doesn't need the money but he craves the ATTENTION. He's a bigger "box office" attraction than Romo and that's just the way he likes it.

watching jerry is like watching a re-run on the movie "Titanic"

you know disaster is coming, you know it should be obvious to everyone but it isnt, and you know there is nothing you can do about it

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
He needs to sell the team and get out of it altogether. I can't believe he is not stressed from all different directions. Heck, man, you are 71. How much more stress can you take? Why not give someone else a shot at promoting the Cowboys.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
I wonder how Oakland still has fans. I used to make fun of Al Davis but now I finally realize we have the second coming. At least Jerry will spare no expense, maybe we get extremely lucky and somehow build a team that can get past Jerrys faults. Having Dez is a solid start.

basstapp

Reaction score
Im sorry, the guy bought the team and he isn't as crazy as Al Davis. Look at some teams like the Falcons who have very good defenses... What is their biggest issue? DL + OL. Who traded their entire draft + some for Julio Jones (their second option to AJ Green)? Having a GM does not automatically make you a contender and people need to get that through their head. I don't agree with some of the moves we made, but we are far from being the least talented team in the league.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Im sorry, the guy bought the team and he isn't as crazy as Al Davis. Look at some teams like the Falcons who have very good defenses... What is their biggest issue? DL + OL. Who traded their entire draft + some for Julio Jones (their second option to AJ Green)? Having a GM does not automatically make you a contender and people need to get that through their head. I don't agree with some of the moves we made, but we are far from being the least talented team in the league.

We have limited talent, not much better than the worst or best teams, and we sure don't know how to use it. That reflects the Cowboy organization.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
In the words of Little Big Man - ..."as long as grass grow, wind blow, and the sky is blue." we'll be walking the road to hell paved with the best of intentions.

visionary

Reaction score
Having a GM does not automatically make you a contender .

every single 'contender' in the NFL right now has a GM that is not the owner
so i would centend that your statement is inaccurate

not 'automatically' but it is clear that to be in the conversation, that is a necessity

4 teams in the NFL have recently had owners be very hands on in personnel decision-making

Dallas
Skins
Raiders
Bengals

the collective records of these teams should tell you something

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
If Lifestyle Lift would only give Jerry a contract now to do all their commercials & print ads he might be tempted to give up his GM duties.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
15-20 more years of Jerry? Great, I'll have my Sundays free until my son graduates college and might save enough money to pay for a full year or two of the tuition.
When I read that I thought about how much money I am going to save. I will watch. Alway have and always will. But I will NEVER step foot into that stadium UNTIL we start operating like a REAL football operation. Notice I did not say win a Super Bowl. I get that a Super Bowl is hard to come by. But we are not even giving ourselves a real chance..so I will not financially support his master "plan".

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This is what I'm really afraid of. Jerry has been teaching Stephen that the Cowboys are a Jones family toy that happens to make them a lot of money. So when Great Leader passes, Dear Leader will take over and continue the mindset that mandates a Generalissimo Manager for Life.

Now, I think Stephen may be a good "football guy" -- hopefully better than Jerry who has educated himself over the years into a mediocre "football guy". But sometimes change has to happen at the top. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but the Cowboys look like a team where that change can be only minimal and where we fans better get used to the middle of the NFL pack.

I had hope for Stephen UNTIL he got his own radio show. That is the start of the ending...he will morph into his day right in front of our eyes(or ears)!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
You speak the truth. Jerry is the face of the franchise. And that is just how he likes it. Nevermind that approach is not the best approach to win...it is the best approach for him to present himself as a billionaire football god. And as long as he remains a billionaire, he will not have any motivation to change his ways. The sad part about all of this is as follows: I truly believe coaches/players shake their collective heads in amazement, but smile and gladly take the money he throws around. I mean what choice do they have? When it comes to Jerry....you can't beat him....so you might as well join him in getting the cash!