Jerry Jones: Cowboys don't plan on making trades, will look for young guys/practice squad

Jipper

Reaction score
While I truly hate this man and the Kobe’s family - I am ok with them being cautious on trading draft capital…they have to realize at this point if October ends up being a terrible month of football for this team, then they will be looking at drafting in the top 10 in each round. I’d give it a few weeks, see if they somehow pull off a couple wins and then evaluate.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen said the exact same thing yesterday. Why are people surprised or mad or even reacting to what Jerry is saying?

Tea leaves been there

Sunday - "Sources... They're going to look internal"
Monday - Stephen... Gonna look internal. No trades. People aren't giving up their talent yet.
Tuesday - Jerry.. Gonna look internal and other PS rosters...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I truly hate this man and the Kobe’s family - I am ok with them being cautious on trading draft capital…they have to realize at this point if October ends up being a terrible month of football for this team, then they will be looking at drafting in the top 10 in each round. I’d give it a few weeks, see if they somehow pull off a couple wins and then evaluate.
good way to think it out, we shall see

gtb1943

Reaction score
This is an occasion when I do not want to roast big and little Enos over an open fire, with a nice chianti, fava beans and a very hungry wolf pack to feed.

At the moment there is no point in doing anything really big since no one is giving anyone up we want right now without an arm and a leg

also as has been pointed out if this season truly goes into the Calcutta Crapper our picks will be worth a lot more

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree with Jerry here. There is no point trading away draft capital at this point. There isn't one player out there that is going to make a difference. This is a down year and Jerry knows it. In fact, I think he planned it. Takes the losses as they come and let's see where we are drafting next April. Maybe they can add two or 3 guys that can help the team, including a real RB and a WR. Drafting in the top 10 will go a long way in that regard.

Jipper

Reaction score
good way to think it out, we shall see
Yeah I guess hedge your bets? If they make it through the gauntlet and are feeling good, maybe pull the trigger right before the deadline....if the opposite is true maybe they are the trader vs the tradee