Jerry Jones: Cowboys don't plan on making trades, will look for young guys/practice squad

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So when Cowboys in the past have had success trading for veterans like Michael Bennett, Gilmore and Cooks…do they not want to do it again because they see those moves as failures? I don’t get their logic…..

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I agree with Jerry here. There is no point trading away draft capital at this point. There isn't one player out there that is going to make a difference. This is a down year and Jerry knows it. In fact, I think he planned it. Takes the losses as they come and let's see where we are drafting next April. Maybe they can add two or 3 guys that can help the team, including a real RB and a WR. Drafting in the top 10 will go a long way in that regard.
Yup.

also, only have $25M in cap space.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Mike Fisher has been saying this since back in like Feb. They are not spending any money, they are going to have a ton of expiring deals, and they are blowing this up with the exception of a few players, Dak, Parsons, Diggs, Lamb and a couple others. We are going to have a ton of cap money and will be starting over next year. So why is this some shock to anyone that they arent going out to add players?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
That sounds more like it. It didn’t sound right when Stephen was talking about no trade partners. They just don’t trade or spend money in FA, it’s build through the draft that’s it. I’m still surprised they signed Dak, but I’m glad they did.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
All in baby.
Totally all in, lol. In all seriousness just watching the fundamental flaws to start the season I don't know that a single big trade would change the trajectory so why invest significant draft capital for a lame duck coach?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
No one was going to take Dak in trade. He would have had to waive the no trade clause, and even if he did, nobody but the JonesBoys would have been stupid enough to give him that all time contract.
Can you name the QBs that are worth what they are being paid in your mind?

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
200w.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We can't make trades. We don't have a GM familiar enough with league roster to even OR with the football acumen to know who could help us.....aside from the obvious list of pro bowlers everyone knows.

What we have is a tired owner who holds that title, but does none of the actual work of a GM.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
All this confirms for the 100x in the last 6 months is that he doesn't give a crap about winning, and will lean upon truck drivers/pizza delivery guys and anybody who can spell the word Football to play for this team

Smith22

Reaction score
We are going to have a ton of cap money and will be starting over next year. So why is this some shock to anyone that they arent going out to add players?
Not so sure about a ton of money. If Dlaw is done along with Martin, that is a big chunk of change. If they decide to move on from Steele (2 consecutive bad seasons if he doesnt improve) that is another decent hit.

Wilson, Hooker, Cooks are also possible guys to move on from.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I'm not sure any team is looking to trade stud DEs only 4 weeks into the season. Usually if a team is looking to trade this early it is because they have an underperforming expensive player they want to dump on another team. We don't need to get desperate and trade for some other team's garbage.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Mike Fisher has been saying this since back in like Feb. They are not spending any money, they are going to have a ton of expiring deals, and they are blowing this up with the exception of a few players, Dak, Parsons, Diggs, Lamb and a couple others. We are going to have a ton of cap money and will be starting over next year. So why is this some shock to anyone that they arent going out to add players?
Doomed to failure if you blow it up without going in a new direction at QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Doomed to failure if you blow it up without going in a new direction at QB.
maybe, but that was not the topic. whether it is a good move or bad move is to be determined. Im just telling you that Fish was saying it back in Feb that they are blowing this up after thi syear. And yes, he says Tank and Martin are likely gone.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They do not want to give up those draft picks.
They shouldn’t. There is not one player that is available through trade that is worth more to this team then draft capital. Personally I think even Adams has lost a step. Trading for a 30 year old receiver is not smart. Now I would monitor the Tennessee situation and try to get one of their defensive tackles.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Every passing week it becomes harder to keep it family friendly on how I feel about Jerry Jones lol