Jerry Jones has the team he deserves. He built the entire undisciplined mess

MaineBoy

Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/12/21/snap.judgments.ap/index.html?bcnn=yes

• In the end, those two long, up-the-gut game-clinching fourth-quarter touchdown runs by Ravens running backs Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain really defined the underachieving 2008 Cowboys for me. Dallas just isn't a clutch team, and the Cowboys don't take care of the fundamentals that often decide games.

But Jerry Jones certainly has the team he deserves. He built the entire undisciplined mess.

• I'm sure I'm not breaking this news to Cowboys fans, but safety Ken Hamlin is an absolute liability for Dallas. And I still can't fathom how he didn't manage to cover that crucial fourth-quarter Le'Ron McClain fumble, which merely could have meant the difference between winning and losing, and making or missing the playoffs this season for the Cowboys.

The Panch

Reaction score
This has been pointed out over and over and is pretty obvious to most, but some will still defend him.

BoysFanInAustin

Reaction score
MaineBoy;2516187 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/12/21/snap.judgments.ap/index.html?bcnn=yes

• In the end, those two long, up-the-gut game-clinching fourth-quarter touchdown runs by Ravens running backs Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain really defined the underachieving 2008 Cowboys for me. Dallas just isn't a clutch team, and the Cowboys don't take care of the fundamentals that often decide games.

But Jerry Jones certainly has the team he deserves. He built the entire undisciplined mess.

• I'm sure I'm not breaking this news to Cowboys fans, but safety Ken Hamlin is an absolute liability for Dallas. And I still can't fathom how he didn't manage to cover that crucial fourth-quarter Le'Ron McClain fumble, which merely could have meant the difference between winning and losing, and making or missing the playoffs this season for the Cowboys.

Season NOT Over. Thanks

:)

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MaineBoy;2516187 said:

Hamlin's the biggest bust we've ever signed, hands down.

He's arguably the worst starting safety in football right now. He blows against the run and the pass. At one time he was at least a good tackler, now he's horrible at that too.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
say what you may about Jones but the money he's invested should've net him a team that didn't need help to get into the post season.

The Panch

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2516198 said:
say what you may about Jones but the money he's invested should've net him a team that didn't need help to get into the post season.
He also invested the coaching staff and we've seen where that's went.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
I agree I can not believe Jerry missed those tackles at the end

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Hey guys, Jerry doesn't play so none of his decisions are his fault apparently.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Bach;2516221 said:
Hey guys, Jerry doesn't play so none of his decisions are his fault apparently.

What decision did Jerry make that cost us last nights game

RoadRunner

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2516225 said:
What decision did Jerry make that cost us last nights game

Overpaying Jason Garrett to call this offense.

Hiring Bruce Read to handle the STs.

Ren

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2516260 said:

the tone around here this time last year was re-sign Garrett at all costs yet now i'm guessing a lot of the people saying just that blame jerry for doing exactly what everyone wanted :lmao2:

when we win parcells gets credit for building the team when we lose it's jerry's team :lmao2:

RoadRunner

Reaction score
zrinkill;2516267 said:
The stupid *** agendas continue

Then stop posting.

I believe the mods have made it clear that people are allowed to vent and discuss what they feel is wrong. if your "agenda" is to just sit back and snipe at people with insults then maybe you should just take a break for a few days.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2516260 said:

So I take it after last seasons 13-3 and top offense you were ready to fire Garrett? Please excuse me while I try to turn off my BS detector

Read? the guy Wade hired? Or is Jerry supposed to not allow Wade to pick ANY coaches?

For some reason I bet you would criticize that too

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Ren;2516274 said:
the tone around here this time last year was resign Garrett at all costs yet now i'm guessing a lot of the people saying just that blame jerry for doing exactly what everyone wanted :lmao2:

when we win parcells gets credit for building the team when we lose it's jerry's team :lmao2:

Those smileys don't change the results of the last 11 years.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2516275 said:
Then stop posting.

I believe the mods have made it clear that people are allowed to vent and discuss what they feel is wrong. if your "agenda" is to just sit back and snipe at people with insults then maybe you should just take a break for a few days.

Yes you are allowed to vent, and we are allowed to call it exactly what it is, stupidity. If you dont like it seems kind of obvious you should log out

Ren

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2516280 said:
Those smileys don't change the results of the last 11 years.

you picked 11 and not 19 why? :laugh1:

willia451

Reaction score
dbair1967;2516193 said:

He's arguably the worst starting safety in football right now. He blows against the run and the pass. At one time he was at least a good tackler, now he's horrible at that too.
Well, yes. He hasn't played well for weeks really. But, he also has been injured for three weeks, and hasn't practiced for two.

Not defending him, per se. But, it is what it is. He's playing, injured.

Go Cowboys!!!

Reaction score
dbair1967;2516193 said:

BOBBY CARPENTER...we not ONLY signed him...BUT DRAFTED HIM TOO!!!!