Jerry Jones has the team he deserves. He built the entire undisciplined mess

BHendri5

Reaction score
Man, go somewhere with this Jerry bashing, he goes out and spends his money to bring players to this team to win, some owners do not even spend money on good players , or coaches and they never win, so which would you rather have?

Jerry is the best owner in the league, bar none. You can say what you want. As long as he is the owner we will have a fighting chance, now it is up to the players and the coaching staff to make that happen, he spends the money.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the players and the coaching staff(s) that is here now and the ones that were here before.

I get so sick and tired of people wanting to blame Jerry.

Primetime42

Reaction score
IDK if anyone's said it, but I think we missed Roy on those two runs.

Just sayin.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Primetime42;2516462 said:
IDK if anyone's said it, but I think we missed Roy on those two runs.

Just sayin.

that is so true. but unfortunately we may end up having a new SS next season hopefully one out of the draft, that can hit and fill holes as well as cover

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2516275 said:
Then stop posting.

I believe the mods have made it clear that people are allowed to vent and discuss what they feel is wrong. if your "agenda" is to just sit back and snipe at people with insults then maybe you should just take a break for a few days.

So the only opinions that are allowed to be posted are you whining crybabies?

I see you joined less than a month ago ..... so .......

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2516198 said:
say what you may about Jones but the money he's invested should've net him a team that didn't need help to get into the post season.

The only thing Jerry Jones invested in (even admitted) is the Dallas Cowboys Realty show. Its all about getting the TV ratings good or bad. Not a solid - disciplined football team. Nothing more than a NFL reality show called the Dallas Cowboys. For the first time in decades I am embarrassed to be a Cowboys Fan. How does the owner of the Dallas Cowboys admit to liking the drama. Its amazing how quickly the Owner is destroying the legacy of the dallas Cowboys. Will Jerry Jones follow in the path of Al Davis and the lonesome Raiders.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
For a change, Jerry has done a masterful job IMO assembling this team. He wisely let Parcells construct it and, certainly exceeding my expectations, has added a great mix of talent in the post-Parcells years.

Jerry's flaw in this was listening to the players, media and Valley Ranch workers moan about Parcells and think that a player-friendly, softy like Wade Phillips was the direction to go. The good news? It's not too late to get a real coach in here and try to maximize the talent in years to come.

It should be no surprise that we are mistake prone in terms of penalties and turnovers, have horrible special teams play and take half a game to understand the opponent when looking at this coaching staff.

Lastly, for all the heat Parcells took here, I think it's important to remember he only had half a season of quality quarterback play before he bailed ship. He was close to getting us over that playoff hurdle; a mere botched snap away from ending what was a decade drought. That sort of play has since come to define this team -- but had he not left, maybe he could have changed the footprint of this team and gotten it to take that one last step forward.

But, he left, and never gave himself the opportunity. My hope, though? That a new disciplinarian in the Parcells mold comes in and finishes off what he started.

EDIT: I agree with the notion that Jerry's any-publicity-is-good approach to managing this team. Yes, I understand that philosophy in a marketing sense, but Jerry allows it to dictate the way he handles and construct the team, which is maddening. Imagine the Spurs or Patriots with that philosophy? Their entire structure would be undermined and they'd undoubtedly collapse. We just have to hope we can somehow overcome that ridiculous and unnecessary burden Jerry places on this team.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Bigdog24;2517200 said:
The only thing Jerry Jones invested in (even admitted) is the Dallas Cowboys Realty show. Its all about getting the TV ratings good or bad. Not a solid - disciplined football team. Nothing more than a NFL reality show called the Dallas Cowboys. For the first time in decades I am embarrassed to be a Cowboys Fan. How does the owner of the Dallas Cowboys admit to liking the drama. Its amazing how quickly the Owner is destroying the legacy of the dallas Cowboys. Will Jerry Jones follow in the path of Al Davis and the lonesome Raiders.
I was STUNNNED......let me say it again I was STUNNED...at the amount of people on this board the defended Jones when he said that. I started a thread about how much of a moron Jones has become with that type of attitude and I was ran out of town. My point is this....we ALREADY get a teams best shot every week.....we are ALREADY in 'win or go home' mode. We are playing 4 teams in the month of December that have top 5/10 defenses. But the stakes were not high enough? The pressure of those factors I just mentioned was not high enough? Not for Jerry! He LOVES it. He is so confident in this team he put together he thinks we should probably be able to take on all 32 teams at ONE time. Because we are the big bad Cowboys that live inside everyones TV set and no one can stop us. He has really left me with disgust. He does not get it. These guys look more relieved than happy when we win. And when we lose they look like they can't wait for the season to be over. I don't care how much 'talent' he has procured....his sickness is so bad he can't just let these guys play without all of the dumbs**t. He thinks this brings out the best in us? He is on crack!

Rudy

Reaction score
in regards to biggest signed bust...
Quarterback Coach;2516404 said:
BOBBY CARPENTER...we not ONLY signed him...BUT DRAFTED HIM TOO!!!!
Marco Rivera was a real monster!

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
bbailey423;2517224 said:
I was STUNNNED......let me say it again I was STUNNED...at the amount of people on this board the defended Jones when he said that. I started a thread about how much of a moron Jones has become with that type of attitude and I was ran out of town. My point is this....we ALREADY get a teams best shot every week.....we are ALREADY in 'win or go home' mode. We are playing 4 teams in the month of December that have top 5/10 defenses. But the stakes were not high enough? The pressure of those factors I just mentioned was not high enough? Not for Jerry! He LOVES it. He is so confident in this team he put together he thinks we should probably be able to take on all 32 teams at ONE time. Because we are the big bad Cowboys that live inside everyones TV set and no one can stop us. He has really left me with disgust. He does not get it. These guys look more relieved than happy when we win. And when we lose they look like they can't wait for the season to be over. I don't care how much 'talent' he has procured....his sickness is so bad he can't just let these guys play without all of the dumbs**t. He thinks this brings out the best in us? He is on crack!

My only issue with the anti-Jerry arguments is that I think a lot of people are so deeply passionate (on one side or the other) that they become irrational when discussing Jerry. They'll throw out the three Super Bowl wins as "not part of the discussion," and rip him for the past 12 years; or they'll defend the last 12 years by saying he got us three Super Bowl wins so live with it. But as long as someone is willing to look at the situation fairly and take it all into consideration, I'm always game to debate him and his tenure here.

He's done a lot of good and a lot of harm here. On a personnel side, I think he's done a lot of good lately -- but, as you said, I'm afraid he undermines it all by his propensity to place as much value on the marketing side of things as he does the winning.

It's like his attitude on chemistry. Hasn't he been quoted as essentially saying chemistry is overrated and that good chemistry is merely a byproduct of winning? Again, if I'm not mistaken, I think Troy has ripped him fairly regularly during broadcasts for ignoring team chemistry concerns.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BoysFanInAustin;2516192 said:
Season NOT Over. Thanks

:)

That's not what he said, but thanks for playing. And the fact that we live to see another week does not change or refute his "diagnosis" either.

Randy White

Reaction score
Pacman was seeing at a club that nobody can verify. Must be an underground club where nobody goes but Pacman.

Now, Hamlin has been playing bad " for weeks ".

Really? Weeks ? Wasn't the defense literally carrying this team the past few weeks ? Isn't Hamlin part of that defense ?

There's no excuse for not executing those two plays at the end of the game. None. He punked out. He wimped out. He turned yellow. It was alot worse than when Jenkins did it because Hamlin is not only a Pro Bowl veteran, but he did it twice. That is a fair and valid criticism.

But to say he's been playing terrible " for weeks ", is utterly stupid. If anything, he's been the glue to a secondary who's been playing well down the stretch and have had a plethora of combination of different players because of injuries and/or suspension. No Roy Williams, No Newman for a while, rookies starting a different positions, trying to make up for ineffective play ( see Anthony Henry, at times Patrick Watkins and Keith Davis - who's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer ), switching positions back and forth between SS and FS to accomodate the personnel.

Without looking it up, and I don't know for sure, but I believe he's the only DB who's started and finished every game this year.

:starspin

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Randy White;2517280 said:
Pacman was seeing at a club that nobody can verify. Must be an underground club where nobody goes but Pacman.

Now, Hamlin has been playing bad " for weeks ".

Really? Weeks ? Wasn't the defense literally carrying this team the past few weeks ? Isn't Hamlin part of that defense ?

There's no excuse for not executing those two plays at the end of the game. None. He punked out. He wimped out. He turned yellow. It was alot worse than when Jenkins did it because Hamlin is not only a Pro Bowl veteran, but he did it twice. That is a fair and valid criticism.

But to say he's been playing terrible " for weeks ", is utterly stupid. If anything, he's been the glue to a secondary who's been playing well down the stretch and have had a plethora of combination of different players because of injuries and/or suspension. No Roy Williams, No Newman for a while, rookies starting a different positions, trying to make up for ineffective play ( see Anthony Henry, at times Patrick Watkins and Keith Davis - who's not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer ), switching positions back and forth between SS and FS to accomodate the personnel.

Without looking it up, and I don't know for sure, but I believe he's the only DB who's started and finished every game this year.

:starspin

Hamlin has been lousy all yr, I dont know what you've been looking at to determine otherwise, but he's been horrible. He literally had made 2 or 3 good plays all yr. He's not hit anyone hard, he hasnt broken up more than a couple of passes...he got a 40 million dollar deal to play FS and he has one int, and it isnt like he has dropped a bunch of chances...

B U S T...he got his money and mailed it in

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
dbair1967;2517445 said:
Hamlin has been lousy all yr, I dont know what you've been looking at to determine otherwise, but he's been horrible. He literally had made 2 or 3 good plays all yr. He's not hit anyone hard, he hasnt broken up more than a couple of passes...he got a 40 million dollar deal to play FS and he has one int, and it isnt like he has dropped a bunch of chances...

B U S T...he got his money and mailed it in
I think he is who he has always been...."just a guy" We aren't blowing teams out this year....so teams are not in pass only mode for the entire 2nd half. So we have actually had to play 60 mins of football...and the REAL cream has risen to the top. If your name is not Ware, Ratliff, or Newman. Then you are "just a guy". And that BS high school throw the ball up for grabs crap Romo pulled the other night has really got me wondering about him.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
MaineBoy;2516187 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/12/21/snap.judgments.ap/index.html?bcnn=yes

• In the end, those two long, up-the-gut game-clinching fourth-quarter touchdown runs by Ravens running backs Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain really defined the underachieving 2008 Cowboys for me. Dallas just isn't a clutch team, and the Cowboys don't take care of the fundamentals that often decide games.

But Jerry Jones certainly has the team he deserves. He built the entire undisciplined mess.

• I'm sure I'm not breaking this news to Cowboys fans, but safety Ken Hamlin is an absolute liability for Dallas. And I still can't fathom how he didn't manage to cover that crucial fourth-quarter Le'Ron McClain fumble, which merely could have meant the difference between winning and losing, and making or missing the playoffs this season for the Cowboys.

So now the General Manager is responsible for the team playing disciplined and fundamental football?

Weren't all you guys saying he deserved GM of the Year honors last year?

Until someone can prove that players can bypass the Coaching Staff and go straight to Jerry Jones, then this opinion is exactly that, an opinion.

Tough crowd I tell ya!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
dbair1967;2516193 said:
Hamlin's the biggest bust we've ever signed, hands down.

He's arguably the worst starting safety in football right now. He blows against the run and the pass. At one time he was at least a good tackler, now he's horrible at that too.

I was highly against showing Hamlin the money. His ProBowl was merely the result of wearing the star.

brickman

Reaction score
I'M AS FRUSTRATED AS ANYONE, BUT BELIEVE IT OR NOT, WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, WHICH IS A LOT MORE THAN MANY TEAMS CAN SAY RIGHT NOW. LETS GO INTO PHILLY AND KICK SOME EAGLE BUTT :eagles: