Jerry Jones: I wouldn't trade Dak Prescott for two 1st-rd picks

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
  • By Patrik Walker
If you thought Jerry Jonescouldn't double-down any harder on Dak Prescott, you'd be wrong.

The Hall of Fame owner of the Dallas Cowboys is beyond enamored with his third-year quarterback, despite struggles with consistent accuracy and the like. The team itself hasn't done a great job at putting Prescott in a position to succeed, with many questioning the play-calling and decision to make Kellen Moore his QB coach only one season after Moore lost the backup job to an undrafted Cooper Rush, but Prescott isn't absolved from his part in the Cowboys' offensive struggles. With the addition of wide receiver Amari Cooper and a willingness to fully unleash running back Ezekiel Elliott, however, things appear to be at the corner -- readying to potentially turn it.

Jones made it unequivocally clear he's going to extend Prescott in the near future, but he has now also slammed the door shut on anyone thinking a team could ultimately pry the two apart via trade -- even if the offer was a blockbuster one.

(Continued):
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-i-wouldnt-trade-dak-prescott-for-two-1st-rd-picks/

:popcorn:

WhizKid

Reaction score
  • By Patrik Walker
If you thought Jerry Jonescouldn't double-down any harder on Dak Prescott, you'd be wrong.

The Hall of Fame owner of the Dallas Cowboys is beyond enamored with his third-year quarterback, despite struggles with consistent accuracy and the like. The team itself hasn't done a great job at putting Prescott in a position to succeed, with many questioning the play-calling and decision to make Kellen Moore his QB coach only one season after Moore lost the backup job to an undrafted Cooper Rush, but Prescott isn't absolved from his part in the Cowboys' offensive struggles. With the addition of wide receiver Amari Cooper and a willingness to fully unleash running back Ezekiel Elliott, however, things appear to be at the corner -- readying to potentially turn it.

Jones made it unequivocally clear he's going to extend Prescott in the near future, but he has now also slammed the door shut on anyone thinking a team could ultimately pry the two apart via trade -- even if the offer was a blockbuster one.

(Continued):
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-i-wouldnt-trade-dak-prescott-for-two-1st-rd-picks/

:popcorn:

tenor.gif

Blackthorn

Reaction score
What the heck is suppose to say? Jerry has to support the players and coaches in the Public eye. Think about Dez. There was a lot of talk behind the scenes about Dez and the entire Cowboys nation thought he would be back. Then he was released. Boom! Just like that. Gone. Which GM offered two picks?

I am sure if anything is brewing behind the scenes none of us internet gurus would know.

Jerry snagged Cooper and the team started winning. Don't discount what this team will do behind Dak.

Last edited:

Sully

Reaction score
Not saying get rid of Dak and want #4 to succeed in Dallas. Love the guy's intangibles but as truth says:
Pride goes before destruction. It's why Dallas hasn't sniffed a NFC title game for 23 years and as this culture continues, the drought will continue

slick325

Reaction score
Sigh...sure hope Dallas wins a SB before Jerry gives Prescott a deal bigger or similar to the one Kirk Cousins received. Because once he does that, Dallas will be the Seattle Seahawks...lose their best player (Beast Mode), then subsequently lose the defensive guys BUT...you still have Russell Wilson! In other words...window closed on ever winning another chip because you overpaid a non-franchise QB.

I almost feel that unless they are Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Wentz or Mahomes...I don't pay a single QB. I draft one in the 1st every 4yrs and have them surrounded by steak at other positions (namely RB, OL and Defensive monsters).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sigh...sure hope Dallas wins a SB before Jerry gives Prescott a deal bigger or similar to the one Kirk Cousins received. Because once he does that, Dallas will be the Seattle Seahawks...lose their best player (Beast Mode), then subsequently lose the defensive guys BUT...you still have Russell Wilson! In other words...window closed on ever winning another chip because you overpaid a non-franchise QB.

I almost feel that unless they are Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Big Ben, Wentz or Mahomes...I don't pay a single QB. I draft one in the 1st every 4yrs and have them surrounded by steak at other positions (namely RB, OL and Defensive monsters).
Wentz??? What's with the lovefest from so many for that knee-torn dunce? I would rather take Goff.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now, let's see what happens tomorrow. Is it just me or isn't this when something is about to go south? When he glows about something, it has the tendency to dim.

On the lighter side, what do you think Prescott's agent is thinking? 'Yeah, Romo's agent told me about this guy'.