Jerry Jones: I wouldn't trade Dak Prescott for two 1st-rd picks

scottsp

Reaction score
Correct me if I have this wrong, but didn’t Jethro once declare he would not trade Jimmy for ten first round picks?

Grain of salt, fellas. This one can’t help himself. Hence, this really isn’t newsworthy except to remind us how impulsive he tends to be.

Pants

Reaction score
but he would for two 2nd round picks? he is kinda clueless in his JWB-infused brain

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
  • By Patrik Walker
If you thought Jerry Jonescouldn't double-down any harder on Dak Prescott, you'd be wrong.

The Hall of Fame owner of the Dallas Cowboys is beyond enamored with his third-year quarterback, despite struggles with consistent accuracy and the like. The team itself hasn't done a great job at putting Prescott in a position to succeed, with many questioning the play-calling and decision to make Kellen Moore his QB coach only one season after Moore lost the backup job to an undrafted Cooper Rush, but Prescott isn't absolved from his part in the Cowboys' offensive struggles. With the addition of wide receiver Amari Cooper and a willingness to fully unleash running back Ezekiel Elliott, however, things appear to be at the corner -- readying to potentially turn it.

Jones made it unequivocally clear he's going to extend Prescott in the near future, but he has now also slammed the door shut on anyone thinking a team could ultimately pry the two apart via trade -- even if the offer was a blockbuster one.

(Continued):
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-i-wouldnt-trade-dak-prescott-for-two-1st-rd-picks/

:popcorn:

Of course, he wouldn't because no one would offer it. Right now, he wouldn't even get one first-round pick.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If it was the 30th pick and next years 20-32nd pick I might not take it either

Who would be our QB?????

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The best thing that could ever happen to Dak Prescott if Tony Romo came back to coach him up again.

Dak was at his best, when Romo was in his ear and up his rump on the sidelines..

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
That explains loud and clear why Jerry has been and will always be a bad GM and has never mastered the art of making trades in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
  • By Patrik Walker
If you thought Jerry Jonescouldn't double-down any harder on Dak Prescott, you'd be wrong.

The Hall of Fame owner of the Dallas Cowboys is beyond enamored with his third-year quarterback, despite struggles with consistent accuracy and the like. The team itself hasn't done a great job at putting Prescott in a position to succeed, with many questioning the play-calling and decision to make Kellen Moore his QB coach only one season after Moore lost the backup job to an undrafted Cooper Rush, but Prescott isn't absolved from his part in the Cowboys' offensive struggles. With the addition of wide receiver Amari Cooper and a willingness to fully unleash running back Ezekiel Elliott, however, things appear to be at the corner -- readying to potentially turn it.

Jones made it unequivocally clear he's going to extend Prescott in the near future, but he has now also slammed the door shut on anyone thinking a team could ultimately pry the two apart via trade -- even if the offer was a blockbuster one.

(Continued):
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerry-jones-i-wouldnt-trade-dak-prescott-for-two-1st-rd-picks/

:popcorn:
its PUFF how easy is to say this when it WILL NEVER HAPPEN..No way to call him on it.. hes just giving Dak the vote of confidence publicly, doesnt mean hes our guy the next 5 years or more..

morat1959

Reaction score
At this point, he's not worth a first. I'd say he is worth a second. He was worth a first, but then torpedoed himself. However, I think he can seriously improve his value. Will he? I'm not confident that he will.

Not with the current coaching staff!