Recommended Jerry Jones in the HOF

MagicMan

Reaction score
He was not inducted because of team performance, he was inducted because of all that he has done for the league. Everything from launching NFL network to lucrative TV deals to live streaming of games..........in a nut shell, he is one of the primary reasons the NFL is the king of sports leagues. That is why he was inducted, not because of the win and loss record of his team over the past 20 years.

Think of it this way, it is Jerry the owner getting inducted and not Jerry the GM getting inducted.

:laugh:.....now try to convince Jerry of that.....and just think, from here to eternity, when you go to Canton, there will be Jerry's face grinning at you
with a "HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW" expression. :facepalm:

BTW, Rozelle and Tagliabue had as much or more to do with nurturing the goose that lays the golden eggs. Too bad for Tags getting the heat for the concussion issue and therefore not making it into the HOF. He did say some dumb things back in the 90's which he regrets.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then why are you still watching? Why do you have an account on a message board dedicated to one of the team's in this sports league that you say is so bad?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it, don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets, don't go to games, don't go on websites dedicated to the sport, ect...
Humans are humans. Always have been. Always will be. Some people deal with reality. Others do not. It's is inherently easy to complain. It takes inner strength assessing a problem, comprehending what can and cannot be done to correct it, and carrying on with your life.

The Dallas Cowboys franchise is a billion-dollar private enterprise. Consumers of the product produced by the enterprise have always had the power to influence change in the quality of the product. This type of change demands a catalyst that could entice MASSIVE SUPPORT on a national (or international most likely) scale to sway the status quo.

The funny thing is there are many who could volunteer and create realistic campaigns for change during decades of discontent but no one ever has. The best efforts have been a handful of emotionally laced yet poorly engineered internet boycotts and highway billboards. It will take a WHOLE LOT more effort to make a difference but whining is easy. Ever wonder why dogs bark at cars? Same thing.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I'm happy for Jerry, but can someone please explain to me why he deserves to be there and Jimmy doesn't? In my eyes Jimmy is just as responsible for those 3 SB wins as Jerry. I'd even argue that had Jerry not fired Jimmy, we'd have more SB wins.

Gameover

Reaction score
Think about this: The voters voted down Terrell Owens because he's a team killer. Jerry Jones actions literally cost his team 2 Super Bowls(managed properly)!

If Owens had been the greatest teammate ever, none of his teams would've won the SB.

To those who say the 2007 Cowboys. Please.. Pats would've had a field day vs our secondary

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then why are you still watching? Why do you have an account on a message board dedicated to one of the team's in this sports league that you say is so bad?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it, don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets, don't go to games, don't go on websites dedicated to the sport, ect...

Not telling you what to do, just giving you some advice I follow myself. I personally cant stand the NBA or the product it puts on the court. Most of the players are jerks and the same teams win every dam year, I literally cant stand the NBA. So I don't watch the games, I don't go to any of the games, I don't buy merchandise of any of the teams, I don't subscribe to any streaming services for the games, ect......

Just saying.
Someone needs to call it out .

And I have been boycotting giving up my season tickets and not supporting financially as I did for about 4 decades.I'm walking the talk.

Remember we don't have to support all the moving parts. I'm sure you'd like for us disgruntled fans to shut up and go away.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. Ole Jerry deserves to be in the HoF based on his contributions to building the NFL image and success. No question about that. However, a truly Great owner would not have stayed on as GM for all these painfull seasons of disappointment. Anyway, he should be in the HoF.
I'm not sure why this needed to happen now? Usually contribution inductions occur after their career or posthumously.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is a fantastic owner and businessman; truly one of the best in the league. I don't know if there is a better owner.

His shortcomings have been as a GM.
That's like rewarding a man he's a great provider but lousy husband and or father. In the end we still want a divorce.

CWR

Reaction score
I never stopped appreciating Jerry. I know its not popular to be greatful for the 3 superbowls and the core that we have going forward. I also know Jerry has not accomplished anything in the NFL on his own. I credit him for hiring Jimmy and in the last few years I credit him for appearing to learn from past mistakes. Hes listened to the people around him and hes put a good staff in place. One thing I love about Jerry is his desire to win. He loves this team like a fan and while you can question wether his motives are based on narcissism or money or anything else no one can fairly question his desire to win another superbowl. There are actual teams out there that prefer to spend as little as possible staying at the cap floor and attempting to fill seats. We will never be one of those teams with Jerry at the helm.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I never stopped appreciating Jerry. I know its not popular to be greatful for the 3 superbowls and the core that we have going forward. I also know Jerry has not accomplished anything in the NFL on his own. I credit him for hiring Jimmy and in the last few years I credit him for appearing to learn from past mistakes. Hes listened to the people around him and hes put a good staff in place. One thing I love about Jerry is his desire to win. He loves this team like a fan and while you can question wether his motives are based on narcissism or money or anything else no one can fairly question his desire to win another superbowl. There are actual teams out there that prefer to spend as little as possible staying at the cap floor and attempting to fill seats. We will never be one of those teams with Jerry at the helm.
Believe it or not I was a big Jerry fan in the 90's after I got over the Tom Landry firing. My opinion of him changed in the 2000's. I loved those 90's SBs. Just think we could have won a lot more. Looking at the Patriots, that's the way the Cowboys should be.

Reactions: CWR