Recommended Jerry Jones in the HOF

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Congrats Jerry. Let me remind some that the Cowboys' franchise wasn't in great shape when he bought them and now they are GOLD. Always loved JJ the owner, hated JJ the GM until recently, and love the person. That's ok.

And don't forget the man is a Cowboy as are all on this site.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Seriously....Do you think the NFL is in a better state now...than when he bought the Cowboys?

If you think so...You never really understood football.:rolleyes:

Yes, I do. I'm not happy with their "season pass" nonsense, but the game is closer to chess match rather than backyard football.

Football is far better now, players are absolute studs. And, if you think the NFL ISN'T in better shape, you are factually wrong; the quality of the game is subjective, numbers aren't. They are doing far better since Jerry came around. This is cold hard fact you can't go against.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Makes me happy and Im happy for Jerry and his family.
Jerry has handled enormous criticism [some deserved] with class.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
pathetic. this team has been stuck in mediocrity for twenty years and for jerry jones reward he in the hall of fame. unreal I will not celebrate his election tonight that is for sure. I bet jimmy Johnson is feeling sick about this too. the speech will be unbearable to listen to also.

He was not inducted because of team performance, he was inducted because of all that he has done for the league. Everything from launching NFL network to lucrative TV deals to live streaming of games..........in a nut shell, he is one of the primary reasons the NFL is the king of sports leagues. That is why he was inducted, not because of the win and loss record of his team over the past 20 years.

Think of it this way, it is Jerry the owner getting inducted and not Jerry the GM getting inducted.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who cares about the profitability if the product is less?

Do you always celebrate paying more for less?

Then why are you still watching? Why do you have an account on a message board dedicated to one of the team's in this sports league that you say is so bad?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it, don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets, don't go to games, don't go on websites dedicated to the sport, ect...

Not telling you what to do, just giving you some advice I follow myself. I personally cant stand the NBA or the product it puts on the court. Most of the players are jerks and the same teams win every dam year, I literally cant stand the NBA. So I don't watch the games, I don't go to any of the games, I don't buy merchandise of any of the teams, I don't subscribe to any streaming services for the games, ect......

Just saying.

Proximo

Reaction score
LOL at all the butt hurt in this thread.

Jerry deserves to be in the HOF. Deal with it.

Proximo

Reaction score
Then why are you still watching? Why do you have an account on a message board dedicated to one of the team's in this sports league that you say is so bad?

If you don't like the product, don't watch it, don't buy merchandise, don't buy tickets, don't go to games, don't go on websites dedicated to the sport, ect...

Not telling you what to do, just giving you some advice I follow myself. I personally cant stand the NBA or the product it puts on the court. Most of the players are jerks and the same teams win every dam year, I literally cant stand the NBA. So I don't watch the games, I don't go to any of the games, I don't buy merchandise of any of the teams, I don't subscribe to any streaming services for the games, ect......

Just saying.

THIS. Nailed it.

Some people are just happily unhappy.

Or only happy if they have something to complain about.

"NFL sucks now! Not what it used to be! Do you enjoy paying more money for an inferior product!"

It's like yes, please tell me about how much it sucks while you rack up thousands of posts on an NFL related message board and spend an inordinate amount of time watching and talking about NFL games. Uh huh.

Some people.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Jerry is a fantastic owner and businessman; truly one of the best in the league. I don't know if there is a better owner.

His shortcomings have been as a GM.

Cmac

Reaction score
JJ deserves it....he has upgraded the standards by far for owners.....now just get us another championship and reduce the unnecessary mess that is not conducive to winning. Start the new dynasty NOW!!!.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Agreed. Ole Jerry deserves to be in the HoF based on his contributions to building the NFL image and success. No question about that. However, a truly Great owner would not have stayed on as GM for all these painfull seasons of disappointment. Anyway, he should be in the HoF.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Seriously....Do you think the NFL is in a better state now...than when he bought the Cowboys?

If you think so...You never really understood football.:rolleyes:

Its a testament to your terrible, awful, horrendous posting that I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Good for Jerry, glad he got in while he's still alive. He could bath for weeks in the salty tears from all the sad auld men with nothing going on in their lives crying in this thread. Those people would still find reason to complain after a superbowl win because it's all the have. Being miserable gives them energy.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He hired Jimmy. That's his big contribution to Dallas as a GM. He deserves to be in as a contributor. I'm impartial to him getting in. He's a Cowboy so that's good. The more in the HOF the better.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Jerry knows bidniss - he transformed NFL marketing almost by his lonesome. Even without the championships it would be well-deserved for that reason alone.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
LOL at all the butt hurt in this thread.

Jerry deserves to be in the HOF. Deal with it.

He does deserve to be in the HOF, but that has more to do with Jerry the marketing genius, who has made himself and the rest of the NFL owners very rich and less to do with the product he has put on the field.

Who else could have the most valuable franchise in the world, while only winning 2 play off games in 20 years? Not that the financial support and success has translated onto the field.

It would be disingenuous to not recognize that.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this was payback for all the money he helped the other owners make as a owner is alright as a gm he is awful