Twitter: Jerry Jones on Jason Garrett "No Comment"

morat1959

Reaction score
Firing the clapper isn’t the problem. Admitting failure for hiring him is what eats the pretend GM alive!

morat1959

Reaction score
Who the clown hires is just as big as firing his Golden appointed child.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Announcing the head coach will not be returning to the media before actually confirming it with the head coach would be a grade A d-bag move.

Try and have a little class. It doesn't hurt.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
This guy Jerry Jones held back and entire franchise because he couldn't fire his "friend" Jason Garret.

I'm supposed to feel bad for a guy making millions of dollars to be mediocre?

Disgusting Jerry Jones's willingness to settle for mediocrity.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Since JG doesn't have a contract does that mean he can't be fired? Is letting the contract expire the same thing as being fired or is it more like being let go by mutual agreement?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Since JG doesn't have a contract does that mean he can't be fired? Is letting the contract expire the same thing as being fired or is it more like being let go by mutual agreement?

Let go?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The million dollar question is.........will Garrett get a gold football and a piñata at his going away ceremony? Keys to Frisco perhaps?

erod

Reaction score
This is the worst day Jerry has had in a decade.

He really, really, really doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want another coach.

An intruder. An unpredictable stranger. An outsider with power who might touch things and rearrange the furniture.

Jerry is cornered. He could literally do anything. He should let Stephen handle it, but he won't.

The party must continue. Jerry probably won't sleep well for a good while.

lwehlers

Reaction score
This is the worst day Jerry has had in a decade.

He really, really, really doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want another coach.

An intruder. An unpredictable stranger. An outsider with power who might touch things and rearrange the furniture.

Jerry is cornered. He could literally do anything. He should let Stephen handle it, but he won't.

The party must continue. Jerry probably won't sleep well for a good while.
good lord I hope he does not sleep well for the next month.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The writing is on the wall. In tonight's broadcast Aikman said that JJ wanted to extend Garrett last year, but because of the internal and external backlash-- decided to wait out this season-- all along thinking it would work itself out when Garrett won big with this talented team.

My guess is that Stephen was the one behind the scenes last year saying to hold off on extending Garrett. My guess is that Stephen will be the one behind the scenes who will now talk reality to his dad until he makes the right call, despite his clear personal affection for Garrett as a friend.

Change is needed. The fans know it. The media knows it. The players know it. It will take a couple of days for reality to sink in-- but when it does, I think JJ and JG decide to shake hands, stay friends, and move on.