Twitter: Jerry Jones on Jason Garrett "No Comment"

erod

Reaction score
The writing is on the wall. In tonight's broadcast Aikman said that JJ wanted to extend Garrett last year, but because of the internal and external backlash-- decided to wait out this season-- all along thinking it would work itself out when Garrett won big with this talented team.

My guess is that Stephen was the one behind the scenes last year saying to hold off on extending Garrett. My guess is that Stephen will be the one behind the scenes who will now talk reality to his dad until he makes the right call, despite his clear personal affection for Garrett as a friend.

Change is needed. The fans know it. The media knows it. The players know it. It will take a couple of days for reality to sink in-- but when it does, I think JJ and JG decide to shake hands, stay friends, and move on.
Jerry could very well just say...

"It's my team, I'm old, I may not win, but ****** I'm going to be happy and do this my way, so screw everybody. I'm keeping Jason."

That's what he wants to do, but don't think he will.

In fact, I think Jason wants to leave if he can find a good job. He's got to be tired of the scrutiny.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
He doesn’t have to say anything. The contract is up. He won’t have to “fire” his boy.

erod

Reaction score
Jerry may slow play this so the big names are all hired first. Then he can get thre puppet he wants.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
"I saw some things today from the team, things that truly represent the potential of the Dallas Cowboys under the leadership of Jason Garrett. Now we've committed a lot of time and resources to Jason and believe this franchise is turning a corner. We're excited for the future and have committed another 10 years to Jason." -Jerry Jones

Hahaha, if this was real it would be every fans nightmare.
Would not be totally shocked if that went down

Pokeness

Reaction score
Jason Garrett is going to get an extension bank on it. He will be back as HC because the team didn't quit on him and the players like him
Jerry's dumb but he's not stupid. He knows he can't sell the fans on Garrett as coach next year. So enter a new puppet and a new snake oil sales pitch on how this new puppet has decision making powers on all personnel matters.

Kaiser

Reaction score
That’s code for let me find a coach first and take back the keys to the building and his company credit card

Actually its code for "The HC I've been talking to the whole time is still coaching in the playoffs so I can't say anything for a while"

Blue64

Reaction score

This is totally unfair to be asking Jerrah this question at this time.
Don’t you all know that Jerrah is still trying to process the fact his team will not be representing the NFC in the SB!
After all it was only last week that he realized he spent $190 million on an average RB and DE, he’s still trying to formulate the excuse for those moves.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Jerry's dumb but he's not stupid. He knows he can't sell the fans on Garrett as coach next year. So enter a new puppet and a new snake oil sales pitch on how this new puppet has decision making powers on all personnel matters.

You think he cares about the fans? There will still be a fan base that will show up and lap up what Jerry is selling. All he wants is to keep this team barely competitive which is what Garrett gives him.