Twitter: Jerry Jones on Randy Gregory

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry lying through his teeth (literally offered the guy a contract) & still taking all the credit for personnel decisions. Some things never change.

yes he put clause in there and refused to remove it , thats like saying take it or leave it and didn't care if RG left because he had a plan.. he said he didn't go to DQ to make sure RG wasn't going to be large part of 2022s game plans.. easier to decipher when your hate and trolling of our GM isn't hindering your judgment.

Of course he offered deal and would have been happy if RG accepted it WITH THE Protection clauses. thats Plan A if he felt RG was a large piece we couldn't like without, he wouldn't have added the clause or when RG balked at it he would have removed it. it showee he was more then Williing To Lose Randy.

but he had plan B which what we see now on the field.

and plan C was adding Von miller at Gregory money...Miller refused.

blueblood70

Reaction score
As they all work together, it gives DC's some other things to game plan for. Not saying they will game plan for Armstrong, like they must do for Micah or DLaw.
But it opens up things for others.
We could see a different player emerge in different games that is the defensive star for the week.
Bringing DBs off the edge like wilson to add more weapons to the rush

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But this idiot is battling with the offensive lineman after the whistle and throws him to the ground, giving San Fran a first down.
Gregory was dead to me after that play. That was the personal nonsense expected of a young player at the Pee Wee or junior high level. It was definitely a selfish lack of self-restraint during a critical situation from a professional sports athlete.

My wife is a Broncos fan, so I am sometimes "forced" to watch some Denver games at least. Gregory is still old Gregory from what I have seen thus far.

I held much hope in him after he was drafted. Tried to stay positive about him during his time in Dallas. Now he is gone. Good riddance.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't care anymore. It is done and over with. Just like the past 27 seasons. :popcorn: Time to move on. Look forward not back.

There are a lot of good things happening right now. So get pumped up about that.
We have a defense that will get better.
The OL is improving.
We get Gallup back, as the WR group looks not to be as dismal as many said it would be.
Cooper has proven himself so far, and Dak will be just fine when he returns. More :popcorn: for you there.
Moore may have figured out a balance with using Zeke and Tony, but just needs to stick with the run.

In spite of Jerry, things are looking up, let's see if it continues.

:facepalm::eek:
thats NOT how it works this is like Dak and Romo..anytime they are part of big wins this place states NICE TEAM WIN, if we lose its the QBs fault, no matter the scenarios and situations that unfolded in the games.

this is Jerrys team win or lose and deserves credit. Not despite, its either both or none.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
By accident? Fowler has been a good player in this league. That was a good signing. Williams has the tools to be a very good player for us. Maybe the staff knew that Armstrong was ready to break out. Sometimes it take some time for the light to come on. I'd hardly call it an accident that we have three players that are contributing more than Gregory at a fraction of the cost.

it was a accident that they didn't sign Randy--they tried. If they had signed him, not sure the other moves are made.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He wouldn't remove the language that rubbed Gregory the wrong way, so in essence they let him walk. And with the money they were offering Gregory they could have had three other guys...which is better. Because, three guys offer a better rotation, than one guy for big bucks.

Let's not forget Nolan liked Armstrong more than Gregory. Armstrong was taking a lot of snaps in 2020. So there had to be a conversation between Jerry and the staff on that one. Jerry liked Gregory but I guarantee some things came up in that conversation about Gregory that stuck with Jerry. It was more than likely Gregory's attitude and that's probably why the extra language was added. Jerry's way of letting Gregory know, we need you to buckle it up some.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
it was a accident that they didn't sign Randy--they tried. If they had signed him, not sure the other moves are made.
It wasn't an accident. Jerry deliberately went back and tried to get that clause in the contract. Gregory balked and the rest is history. It was a deliberate move on Jerry's part (maybe even knowing that Gregory wouldn't sign it).

bigE79

Reaction score
Randy wanted to go to one of the top weed smoking cities in the country. Is anybody shocked? Lol
I believe that is was the main reason why he left..my stupid nephew got a job in Colorado when he had plenty of opportunities where he lived "Pittsburgh" just because weed was legal,he left his whole family behind just to get high... friggin *******.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It wasn't an accident. Jerry deliberately went back and tried to get that clause in the contract. Gregory balked and the rest is history. It was a deliberate move on Jerry's part (maybe even knowing that Gregory wouldn't sign it).

If Jerry/Stephen truly didn't want to sign Gregory, they could have easily leaked to the media from the outset that Gregory was slated to earn more they were willing/able to pay. And quickly moved on.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There is absolutely no question that the amount of snaps guys like Gregory and Jaylon and Collins used to get was not because the coaches valued them as effective and reliable players. It was because our fearless leader made it clear that they were star players. They were in calendars and on posters and they needed to be on the field on Sunday.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dorance Armstrong is cheaper against the cap.
3 sacks, 3 tackles for losses, 4 QB hits, blocked FG. Probably half the snaps.
Well worth the money so far also.

Then we have Fowler and Williams, all 3 for less the cost as well.

Armstrong played side by side with Gregory last year. So while he gets more snaps this year, he didn't replace him. The team was counting on him stepping up from the rotation and so far he has. Fowler and Williams are guys that could be said replaced Gregory. With Armstrong doing well, they haven't needed them to be major players just yet.

Cmac

Reaction score
.....that Johnny Walker Black is smooooooth. Makes you believe anything you say.

quickccc

Reaction score
Pure shade….Jerry really hates that guy now

Randy does have 2 sacks and 2 forced fumbles already so I wish we had him. Well worth the money so far.

Just imagine ...

- As good as we are with being No.1 in NFL is total sacks, - Randy G would've taken us to that much more a level.

- Dorace Armstrong also has 2 sacks (vs Cincy) but of course he just does not create that kind of mismatch problems and isn't anywhere in Gregory's league as a pass rusher.

- If so much Parsons block- scheme attention is drawn to Parsons all across opposing poor OLs (ala Cincy, NYG) that's when a Dorace
(or even Fowler) can take advantage. (2 sacks vs Cincy)

- But what is done .. is done. Randy has moved on,
And we have focus on our developing future replacement players.(ala Sam Williams)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We know Jerry and the Cowboys made Gregory an offer, the terms of the contract is what Gregory did not like but given all the crap this team went through because of Gregory, hell I'm sorry Dallas was right to put that in his deal. Gregory left so what, Armstrong has produced including 1 more sack up to this point and has been making a impact on this team. Dallas stuck with Gregory through the bad times cost us draft picks as we continued to look for a DE to replace him, did I expect some loyalty from Gregory? a bit I did not expect him to take some low ball over but Denver sighed him for the same amount that was offered, so screw him and good riddance

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry was spurned and now he’s covering his tracks! He was definitely on the verge of another moronic decision and luckily Gregory did him a favor!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

Lol, you're giving them too much credit.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
First...it is an inaccurate quote. He didn't say he had 3 guys better..he said he got 3 for 1

But that is exactly what the quote says. The better doesnt mean "better guys than Gregory". It means "it is better we had 3 guys".

But you are right. Always be careful with guys who post on twitter. First research what actually happened.Twitter was never meant to spread serious information. And those posters are not serious journalists. They are just click bait money makers who would sleep under the bridge without asocial media.