Twitter: Jerry Jones on the DL Rotation with Michael Bennett

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Still think we need another piece on the dline.

There's what we need, and there's what we can get on a decent deal.

Covington isn't keeping us from picking up an upgrade. Maybe Hyder too, with Bennett signed.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Its a shame because that boy checked every box but his brain.

Not dumb, though.

Seems like our Dline Whisperer just doesn't have the talk for more oppositional guys like Irving and Taco. Give him a worker, and he'll get more out of him. Give him some bad attitude, and it doesn't work out so well.

I wonder how Haley would have worked out with Marinelli.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
“You just insert him here and that’s where he will war daddy”-Johnnie Walker Jones Sr

kskboys

Reaction score
I disagree w/ this completely. No way Jerry should be in the DL rotation. He's just too old.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
On pass rushing downs, Bennett will be inside. We have a nasty nickel DL for sure

RDE Quinn
DT Collins
DT Bennett
LDE Law

I like the nickel starting dline too. I think it's this, though.
RDE Quinn
RDT Bennett
LDT Collins
LDE Law

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I like the nickel starting dline too. I think it's this, though.
RDE Quinn
RDT Bennett
LDT Collins
LDE Law

I would put Bennett at the 3T and move Collins to the 1T because Collins is bigger and has played the 1T

Bennett is faster and smaller— ideal for shooting gaps from the 3T— that said— in the nickel, everyone is rushing so I don’t think it matter too much

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I would put Bennett at the 3T and move Collins to the 1T because Collins is bigger and has played the 1T

Bennett is faster and smaller— ideal for shooting gaps from the 3T— that said— in the nickel, everyone is rushing so I don’t think it matter too much

That's what I'm saying too. I must have misunderstood your line up.

CB61

Reaction score
He is second in the league in QB pressures behind Donald the last 2-3 years.

Doesn’t put up monster sack numbers (16th in the NFL in that same span)— but he is a classic disruptor— and if he can push the pocket from inside, both Quinn and DLaw are gonna eat
I hope they use him inside as a giant run-stopper that's where we're getting cooked that and we're getting absolutely no push or hardly any of the middle which makes it a lot tougher on the defensive ends, now offensive lines we're going to have to come off some of those double and triple teams on our defensive ends to account for Bennett he has that kind of respect that should free up a lot of options for other defenders, a little bit better pass rush means our DBs won't have to cover receivers for half a century

Linebackers will be able to drop back just a little bit and we shouldn't have to rely on them filling the gaps as much overplaying the Run

This is all going to depend on whether Michael Bennett brings his old self to the Cowboys or his attitude self to the Cowboys

I really do believe the dude wants to be on the field as much as he can and with New England basically going to a 3-4 that made it tough to get him playing time I'm sure Richard and Marinelli will make sure he gets playing time I'm thinking almost immediately

CB61

Reaction score
I hope they use him inside as a giant run-stopper that's where we're getting cooked that and we're getting absolutely no push or hardly any of the middle which makes it a lot tougher on the defensive ends, now offensive lines we're going to have to come off some of those double and triple teams on our defensive ends to account for Bennett he has that kind of respect that should free up a lot of options for other defenders, a little bit better pass rush means our DBs won't have to cover receivers for half a century

Linebackers will be able to drop back just a little bit and we shouldn't have to rely on them filling the gaps as much overplaying the Run

This is all going to depend on whether Michael Bennett brings his old self to the Cowboys or his attitude self to the Cowboys

I really do believe the dude wants to be on the field as much as he can and with New England basically going to a 3-4 that made it tough to get him playing time I'm sure Richard and Marinelli will make sure he gets playing time I'm thinking almost immediately
But unfortunately I've been wrong before and we're all going to soon find out

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This was a great trade by the FO.

Proven DL who can make significant impact on a playoff run for a worthless pick— major kudos
I wouldn't grade it as great, but it was an economically, cap friendly, efficient trade.
Good trade would be my grade.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
can't have enough passrushers. Would love a big power space eater in the middle also though.