Recap: Jerry Jones on The Fan, 10/7

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then Jimmy stepped up, said I got this Mr. Socks and Jocks, and three Super Bowls later....

We are always the heroes of our own stories.

Rewriting history over the years is a sport enjoyed by all. Hay Balers and Billionaires.

He didn't tell it like it was his idea, only commented on what Landry told him.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the book. It is very good. Tom has been dead many years. She, herself, has got to be quite elderly. All I can tell you is other than Tom's players..his guys...he did not follow the Cowboys. I think it was more indifference than animosity.

The disconnect between the eras is really sad. To this day, Jerry doesn't seem to respect the players from that era as much. It shouldn't be this way. The way he handled the firing of Landry really changed things, although I heard Tex Schramm was supposed to soften the blow by telling Landry it was coming, but couldn't bring himself to do it. I'm just glad some of Landry's players seem to still care for the organization. Drew Pearson had an issue with Jerry but was finally inducted into the ROH. Supposedly Dorsett used to offer Emmitt words of encouragement. For the 50th anniversary they had an event honoring players from every decade and many of Landry's guys showed up. I just wish we didn't have to think of it as the Landry Cowboys vs. the Jimmy Cowboys vs. the Jerry Cowboys.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The disconnect between the eras is really sad. To this day, Jerry doesn't seem to respect the players from that era as much. It shouldn't be this way. The way he handled the firing of Landry really changed things, although I heard Tex Schramm was supposed to soften the blow by telling Landry it was coming, but couldn't bring himself to do it. I'm just glad some of Landry's players seem to still care for the organization. Drew Pearson had an issue with Jerry but was finally inducted into the ROH. Supposedly Dorsett used to offer Emmitt words of encouragement. For the 50th anniversary they had an event honoring players from every decade and many of Landry's guys showed up. I just wish we didn't have to think of it as the Landry Cowboys vs. the Jimmy Cowboys vs. the Jerry Cowboys.

I think much of this comes from the media, old school reporters. As well as some of the fan base. For what ever reasons they have.
I think it was Berman, imagine that, even said something like...we give Jerry all the blame but now we need to give him credit....

Yes, Tex Schramm said he was supposed to have told Landry, and should have handled it better. But didn't.
Also, before the official announcement that Jerry bought the team, and before Landry could be informed. Just by coincidence, Jimmy & Jerry was having dinner, and a reporter from DMN I think it was, came into the restuarant and seen them, then called and broke the story. Before it was to be officially announced the next day.

When they caught up to Landry to tell him in person...Landry said it wasn't like he didn't already know, they could have saved themselves a trip...LOL

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

I have heard/read Jerry did not want to induct any of Landry 's guys in the ROH & would drag his feet over it but I don't know if that is true or not. I honestly don't even know who is in that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is going to get a mid season extension and here is why.

What happens if you are sitting at 7-3 and you give Garrett an extension and then proceed to lose 3 straight games and lose in the first round of the playoffs?

Nick Eatman was talking about this same thing on The Break yesterday, and basically said the team and Jerry would get killed by the media and by fans if that happened.

Bottom line...............you make Garrett coach the entire season and playoffs (if we make it) and then evaluate his entire 4.5 years as head coach and the results he has provided. Then you talk extension or look elsewhere for a replacement.