Twitter: Jerry Jones on the Fan - 11/12/19

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO NOT AT ALL!!

Because that would make me a freaking idiot for caving.
enough said.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Lol so Tavon’s the scapegoat now. Basically he was told to fair catch it, but “a veteran returner should know not to listen to what coach says if you get a favorable look”.

give me a break

the coaching staff should know a punt return from midfield probably had a better shot of scoring than a last second Hail Mary attempt when Minnesota just has to back everyone up to the goal line. Even if he doesn’t score, take advantage of the fact the clock stops with a change of possession and get your yards on the return.

Minnesota should have kicked it out of bounds in that situation. But of course this coaching staff can’t take advantage of a mistake by the other team.

What jerry is saying is, Austin is a vet he should have made a decision to return it. He wouldnt have been reprimanded for making a play.

I agree with this, what i dont agree with is what JG did in public.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Mark my words, this team is going to revolt sooner rather than later. Imagine being on this team for this long to be held back by Goody Two Shoes Garrett and Skeletor (JJ). What would happen if the whole team went on strike?

I'm surprised there is so much public revolt already. Former players threw Garrett under the bus earlier in the season. Even Romo. That's gonna leave a mark.

Having Frederick enraged on the field is a *serious* sign. He's not an emotional or intellectual lightweight. After the fact, he didn't try to pretend he wasn't upset in the moment either.

Throwing Austin under the bus fooled no one, and only stoked the anger and resentment.

What's actually happening on the field is vintage Garrett incompetence. What's seems to have turned, IMO, is that *everybody* now accepts the reality of Garrett's incompetence, so that the latest signs of it are seen as a pattern of failure, and not merely mistakes.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This brings up the question of "why did the Vikings play it that way".

Maybe the Vikings wanted him to return it...

Sounds like they were just more worried about a block attempt. Which makes some sense. Given our limited chances, going for a block made sense, especially if we're telling the returner to fair catch anyway.

links18

Reaction score
Jerry still got Carrot Head's back. He'll throw players under the bus to protect him. Its a father-sort of son thing, I guess.

Sydla

Reaction score
There is a comfortability factor here with Garrett. Jerry knows when he rolls into The Star every day for work, he has a HC he knows will do what he tells him to do and there is comfort in that.

But at some point, even Jerry is going to realize that being comfortable but not very good is not going to be preferable to the chance to be a bit uncomfortable but maybe have a winning HC.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Reading the tea leaves, Jerry is showing signs that Jason is really finally on the hot spot.
If we don't make the playoffs, I actually think he is gone . And maybe if we lose but look outcoached ina Wild Card game.

For the first time that I can recall, this year he was repeatedly pointed out how impressive the opposing coaching was after a loss.
He did so after the Saints loss, saying what great coaching job Sean Peyton did and how they won that battle, and he did so big time after this loss.
He mentioned Vikings coaching specially Zimmer, by name, 4 times in his presser.

That's not very subtle.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
> Dak showed if they stop the run and dare him to beat them, he can

Uh, we lost the game, you old fool. It was in Dak’s hands to convert that 4th and 5.