Twitter: Jerry Jones on The Fan Tweetcap - 08/29/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 5m
Jerry keeps stressing how young the Cowboys are. He's basically saying they're rebuilding, but they've got a win-now QB: 34 with back issues
Jerry on @1053thefan says he wishes @DVNJr article didn't feature Johnny Walker Blue so much. "Well, it is good."

David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 48s
Jerry to @1053thefan: I've been hoping a Brent decision "would be now." Don't have an update. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets it soon.
Jerry again shoots down the AP thing. Of all the stuff that came out of that story, that one is the most non-news to me.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 6m
Jerry Jones on @1053thefan said it's gonna be an uphill battle for the Cowboys b/c of the team's youth. Calls defense, "work in progress."
Jerry Jones was surprised w/ how much ESPN story mentioned him drinking Johnnie Walker Blue. Made it sound like he was drinking all the time
Jerry Jones being cautious with comments about Jimmy Johnson. Said Jimmy was at his birthday party and at Jerry & Gene's 50th anniversary
Jerry Jones on @1053thefan said the Cowboys cut list has already been made. Worked on it after last night's game
Jerry Jones thought Roger Goodell would've had Josh Brent decision made by now
Jerry Jones tells @gbagnation he doesn't expect to face tampering charges for Adrian Peterson conversation "because we weren't (tampering)."

Drew Davison ‏@drewdavison 54s
Jerry Jones says thing he most disliked about ESPN The Mag profile was mentions of Johnnie Walker Blue. But did say: "Well, it's good."

Shan Shariff ‏@NewSchoolSS 4m
Jerry Jones tells @gbagnation that he was surprised by the emphasis put on drinking Johnnie Walker Blue in the ESPN-OTL piece. #Cowboys
Jerry Jones says he wasn't as tolerant as he could've been with Jimmy Johnson relationship. "It takes two to tango." @1053thefan. #Cowboys

Jeff Cavanaugh ‏@JC1053 3m
"I really am going to pass on that one" - Jerry Jones when asked about his relationship now with Jimmy Johnson on @1053thefan

Last edited:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two interviews in back-to-back days, Jerry is definitely in damage control mode. The one important tidbit is that the cut list is already prepared.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Is ESPN even relevant anymore? It seems to me that ESPN just tries to stir the pot of some controversy rather than focus on sports. I hardly ever go to their website for info. I rarely watch highlights or recaps of the games on ESPN. I don't even bother with ESPN news.

To me, it seems like ESPN is moving more and more toward Johnny Walker Blue and Sam's shower habits stories rather than true sports reporting.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Jerry in a Johnnie Walker Blue commercial coming to a TV or magazine soon (or wherever their allowed to advertise)

conner01

Reaction score
much more interested in the cut list. this will be a tough cut down because we are going to have to cut a couple of guys who are better at their position than the guys we keep at another position. the injuries and suspensions are going to cost us a nice young player but not much you can do about it

Daillest88

Reaction score
much more interested in the cut list. this will be a tough cut down because we are going to have to cut a couple of guys who are better at their position than the guys we keep at another position. the injuries and suspensions are going to cost us a nice young player but not much you can do about it

ESPN is a drama network! And Im so sick of hearing about jerry Jones. He's becoming a huge distraction

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Is ESPN even relevant anymore? It seems to me that ESPN just tries to stir the pot of some controversy rather than focus on sports. I hardly ever go to their website for info. I rarely watch highlights or recaps of the games on ESPN. I don't even bother with ESPN news.

To me, it seems like ESPN is moving more and more toward Johnny Walker Blue and Sam's shower habits stories rather than true sports reporting.

Ditto on getting news from ESPN... I use SI.com (Sports Illustrated). I never to to ESPN.

Gaede

Reaction score
Ppl have a way of noticing stuff about you that you don't notice yourself. Or won't admit.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
never visit ESPN anymore. they made a sound business decision. Dallas might have the most fans, but it also has the most haters, and ESPN learned long ago that catering to the haters is very very good business.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Don't blame ESPN, they didn't force their way into Jerry's day to day world. Jerry knew what the story was in advance and agreed to it. I don't think the writer made anything up in the story, just wrote what he saw and heard from Jerry.

Blame the new national spokesman for Jonnie Walker Blue.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

You're typing about them. So yes. They are relevant. As much today as ever. Moreso.

chicago JK

Reaction score
It appears every day there is a new jerry story, Jerry interview, Stephen interview, etc. I must imagine this must be a major inconveninance for the people in the organization who make player personnel decisions. :)