Jerry Jones on the Ticket w/Norm re: RB position

starverla

Reaction score
He said they would bring up Alonzo Coleman from the practice squad. They really like what he did in camp and has done since.

Also said he was the fastest RB on the squad and makes people miss. Quote "miss'em". He has miss'em!

I thought Felix was the fastest RB. Norm didn't ask anymore about it. Jerry said no Vet will be brought in.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I would guess that means goodbye Courtney Brown. I'd rather see this Battle guy play anyway.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
How about Brad Johnson or Quincy Butler? Courtney Brown was a low round draft pick. They take time to develop.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Vinnie2u;2449307 said:
How about Brad Johnson or Quincy Butler? Courtney Brown was a low round draft pick. They take time to develop.

If they can get someone to hold PATs then I'm for it. I still don't know if the coaching staff is ready to unload Brad. I would like to see Brown get another TC. He may still develop. But I wouldn't cry about it either.

BTW, Felix Jones' big ability is to get to the corner fast and turn it at full speed. I don't remember seeing anyone who could turn the corner as well as he does. Even TC got to the corner pretty fast last night. But he still had to turn it upfield and for him and others it takes a move you can see. You don't see a separate move by Felix.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Enter Alonzo Coleman exit Courtney Brown sounds like an upgrade to me. Coleman likely won't see any snaps BTW. Just like we didn't see Choice when MBIII and Felix were 1-2.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2449330 said:
Enter Alonzo Coleman exit Courtney Brown sounds like an upgrade to me. Coleman likely won't see any snaps BTW. Just like we didn't see Choice when MBIII and Felix were 1-2.

Why not exit Pat Watkins instead? Better yet, let's get rid of Brown and Watkins.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;2449354 said:
Why not exit Pat Watkins instead? Better yet, let's get rid of Brown and Watkins.
If we can find another FS to replace him, sure.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2449368 said:
If we can find another FS to replace him, sure.

It would have been nice to have Abram Elam on the team right now.

10X better player then either Watkins or Brown, but OH NO he's not fast so he got cut.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rack;2449373 said:

10X better player then either Watkins or Brown, but OH NO he's not fast so he got cut.

I'd rather have Elam and Oglesby over Watkins and Brown.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Biggems;2449380 said:
call me ignorant, but what happened to K. Lattimore?

I don't think he's on anyone's 53 man roster. Not sure if he's on anyone's practice squad.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Rack;2449373 said:

I agree, really hated to see us lose Elam.

Ren

Reaction score
does this mean Barber won't be ready to go against Pittsburgh?

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Look at those guns....

340x.jpg

I feel a man crush coming on....

Also, being faster than Felix means something. I am sure he doesn't have the acceleration, but he can make people miss, according to sources that I have been reading on. I hope he is able to show something positive.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2449406 said:
Look at those guns....

340x.jpg

I feel a man crush coming on....

Also, being faster than Felix means something. I am sure he doesn't have the acceleration, but he can make people miss, according to sources that I have been reading on. I hope he is able to show something positive.

Is that Coleman?

Angus

Reaction score
Rack;2449354 said:

I'm with you on Watkins but not Brown. Watkins is a major injury waiting to happen because of the way he tries to tackle. Parcells called it..

:)