Jerry Jones on the Ticket w/Norm re: RB position

newlander

Reaction score
big dog cowboy is right: cutting Elam was brutal. God I wish we had him back. I didn't understand it at the time and still don't. All the guy does is make plays.............ps: I agree with everyone ripping Watkins. It's just clear he won't make it at this point. Cut him, or Butler or Brown. Doesn't matter, because all three can't play a lick.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would think that Butler goes when we activate Pacman, then we put Kosier on IR to activate Coleman.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2449521 said:
Because when he's not hurt Watkins may be the team's best special teams player.

100% healthy he's not the best special teams player on the team. He's good in that role though, but he doesnt' know how to tackle (his technique sucks) so he'll continue to get hurt often.

Cut him.

lockster;2449961 said:
Ok, Abram is fast, don't know where you got that slow part from. I read his times where below 4.4. Also, watch the guy play. Plays fast too. Man, I would trade, Roy, Pat, Brown and a draft pick to get Abram back. Hated when he left, pissed me off, good. Man, if we could have only cut Roy! Abram is playing great!! Just goes to show how bad Roy is, look how good Davis, that Parcells said couldn't play the position, is playing in Roy's place. I hope Brown gets cut, not because he lacks athleticism, but due to his penchant for shirting contact. He's a wuss as far as I can see, even though I liked him the first year. We don't need a team of Wusses! I do agree with the rest of your post though.

No, he isn't. Don't care about 40 times, I've seen him run at a full out sprint on the FOOTBALL FIELD and he's not fast.

Me saying "He's not fast" isn't the same thing as saying "He's slow".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rack;2450102 said:
100% healthy he's not the best special teams player on the team. He's good in that role though, but he doesnt' know how to tackle (his technique sucks) so he'll continue to get hurt often.

Cut him.

I don't see him getting cut until at least next August.

So you've got another 9 months of him.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2450153 said:
I don't see him getting cut until at least next August.

So you've got another 9 months of him.

Sad cuz I really thought he'd turn into a really good safety.

At least with how horrible he and Brown have played safety, maybe - JUST MAYBE - some of the Roy haters here will realize he isn't so bad afterall.

He's average in coverage. Watch Pat Watkins if you want to see "Bad".