Jerry Jones (our GM) thinks Chris Godwin plays defense

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yea, you can tell he watches a lot of tape. He has a knack for diving into an opponents roster and parsing out the imminent threats to the Cowboys. He's a gem that Jerry Jones and the biggest contributor to the Cowboys success on the field.

tm1119

Reaction score
But who actually thinks he is? Jerry that’s it. Will McClay and Stephen run the show.
While I don’t think Jerry is a GM in a traditional sense…I do still believe that he still has final say on any big player personnel decisions to be made.

But your last sentence is still terrifying. Stephen also has no business running football operations

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
While I don’t think Jerry is a GM in a traditional sense…I do still believe that he still has final say on any big player personnel decisions to be made.

But your last sentence is still terrifying. Stephen also has no business running football operations
I disagree. While Stephen may not have a great football mind I do think he’s smart enough to defer and leave football decisions to will. If he didn’t or someone didn’t the cowboys wouldn’t be one of the better drafting teams of late.

I also think Jerry just signs off on the paperwork.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
deep-sigh-gif-9.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not knowing every NFL player (or every prominent player at least) possibly indicates Jerry Jones' lack of knowledge about personnel. That would further validate his incompetence as a general manager, which he has refused to relinquish for three decades.

It does not prove a lack of mental competency. Some observers have been eager to slap the label of senility on the man. Maybe it would be wiser to wait until Jones starts publicly forgetting the names of his own players first. Or stating ex-players are currently on the roster. Yeah. It will be a true GOTCHA! moment if Jones ever says Michael Irvin caught the winning touchdown pass, when it was actually Cee Dee Lamb.

Seriously. The man talks so <expletive> much to the media almost every freaking day. It would be extremely easy to point out a true sign of dementia.