Jerry Jones (our GM) thinks Chris Godwin plays defense

visionary

Reaction score
Not knowing every NFL player (or every prominent player at least) possibly indicates Jerry Jones' lack of knowledge about personnel. That would further validate his incompetence as a general manager, which he has refused to relinquish for three decades.

It does not prove a lack of mental competency. Some observers have been eager to slap the label of senility on the man. Maybe it would be wiser to wait until Jones starts publicly forgetting the names of his own players first. Or stating ex-players are currently on the roster. Yeah. It will be a true GOTCHA! moment if Jones ever says Michael Irvin caught the winning touchdown pass, when it was actually Cee Dee Lamb.

Seriously. The man talks so <expletive> much to the media almost every freaking day. It would be extremely easy to point out a true sign of dementia.

Sorry I’ve already waited 27 years. Not waiting any longer

Jerry is senile

:laugh:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
GM debate, who would you rather have?

Lynch in SF or the Jerry/Stephen team in Dallas?

Shanahan or Moore running the offense.

Running a team you have a salary cap you have to manage. There's no cap for GM or coaching salaries. If you really want to win you would have the best of the best talent at those spots with no price caps.

Last 25+ years it's been all about Jerry's ego, not fielding the best staff.

Lol...now i feel like i could write for captain obvious.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I disagree. While Stephen may not have a great football mind I do think he’s smart enough to defer and leave football decisions to will. If he didn’t or someone didn’t the cowboys wouldn’t be one of the better drafting teams of late.

I also think Jerry just signs off on the paperwork.
Come on, does reality ever really register with you? Jethro still runs the show; and Doofus #2 is no smarter than he is.
Will McClay is a good personell man from all accounts but having to drag the dead weight of those two idiots around pretty much sabotages everything

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Come on, does reality ever really register with you? Jethro still runs the show; and Doofus #2 is no smarter than he is.
Will McClay is a good personell man from all accounts but having to drag the dead weight of those two idiots around pretty much sabotages everything
If Jerry ran the show fully like the old days we’d have manziel and no Martin, we’d have given up everything for cooks. Jerry is a figure head - who yes can veto stuff but doesn’t like he used.

It’s very clear. Look at free agency, Stephen bargain shops and builds through the draft. That’s not a Jerry MO. you can say whatever you want I mean.I have Stephen in clown paint as my profile pic so I understand criticism.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Harsh Bob and totally unfair.

History is littered with examples of fathers handing the reigns to their sons and the company going from strength to strength. for example;

Gimme me a minute.......maybe 2 minutes.
That is true in many small businesses- like a small lumber business. But in most large organizations, the research shows nepotism Is definitely not a good practice. And more importantly, in recent NFL history, most owners have recognized that It isn’t a good idea to appoint your children to all the most powerful front office jobs.

Some owners have some of their kids working in the organization, but rarely are they running the entire operation. Especially the personnel side of things.