Jerry Jones (our GM) thinks Chris Godwin plays defense

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's possible he thought they were talking about CJ Goodwin since he mentioned a CB opposite Diggs.
that what i took from it..with our DBs in flux i believe he thought that was the player in question. some of you are truly sad really that the time you take out of your day to post but dont think about him just misting in real time who they were talking about or lose your train of thought. It happens.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's possible he thought they were talking about CJ Goodwin since he mentioned a CB opposite Diggs.
No. Goodwin is a special teams player who only plays defense in an emergency. Nobody would mistake him for a cornerback much less a turnover creator. There is no chance he meant him. He is just that clueless at his job.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry was counting his stacks of gold bars at the time, and got confused as to who they were talking about? ;)
they should have asked him who would create the turnover, then see what he said.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember when we were making fun of Wash coach for not knowing his team could be eliminated?

Jerry "Hold my beer"

slick325

Reaction score

And we wonder why Jerry doesn’t like to add talent from other organizations..he has no clue who they are

In his defense, he is used to Noah Brown and Hendershot creating turnovers with their hands by playing volleyball with passes from time to time. Jerry was speaking about Godwin put in the right spot could create a turnover like Brown and Hendershot. Lol

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Just another example of why listening to anything this old drunk has to say is a waste of time.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

And sober.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Funny enough there is a corner named Goodwin that used to play for dallas

edit. He is still on the team lol

tm1119

Reaction score
I disagree. While Stephen may not have a great football mind I do think he’s smart enough to defer and leave football decisions to will. If he didn’t or someone didn’t the cowboys wouldn’t be one of the better drafting teams of late.

I also think Jerry just signs off on the paperwork.
Unfortunately for us there’s a lot more that goes into building a championship roster than just drafting. And that’s where Stephen has utterly failed since taking over