Twitter: Jerry Jones Responds to $2.4M Settlement Paid to Cheerleaders

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
What has Jerry done to win us a championship. Jimmy Johnson was person in charge of the draft, FA etc. Laundry drafted Irvin in 88. Jimmy and Jerry has the #1 pick in 89 and Hershel Walker. Jimmy acquired the players through trading and drafting and Jerry handled everything else. Then Jerry wanted recognition for acquiring players and that started the fued which lead to Jimmy leaving. Jimmy is the GM that won 3 super bowls. We barely hung on to beat the Steelers in SB 30. In '96 Jimmy's players either retired or was getting injured. Then Jerry stepped up his GM game and here we are.

I believe it's a false narrative that Jerry won 3 super bowls. Jimmy and the team Jimmy put together won those super bowls. The fact we haven't sniffed a super since Jimmy's team evaporated shows how bad Jerry is at playing GM.

It has nothing to do with Jerry. It's just been bad luck or something like that.

Pay no mind to the fact that the Rams have been to the Super Bowl 4 times and won 2 of them since the Cowboys last Super Bowl appearance. "Parity"

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea but I usually look at who has more to lose.

"It was a 'he said, she said'—and the team chose to believe Dalrymple's side of things," a source told ESPN. "But four women swore this happened." In such cases, the smart thing to do is settle and move on.

Plankton

Reaction score
Didn't Tex Schram have a two way mirror in the cheerleaders dressing room back in the sixties? I seem to recall that.

He also appointed his former secretary, Suzanne Mitchell, to be the person in charge of the cheerleaders. After having a long affair with her, of course.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
"It was a 'he said, she said'—and the team chose to believe Dalrymple's side of things," a source told ESPN. "But four women swore this happened." In such cases, the smart thing to do is settle and move on.
Of course they did. It was the smart thing for Jethro and Rich. Personally I’d rather it all came out and exposed Dalrymple and why he was protected during that time. I’m sure it had nothing to do with his efforts on Jethro’s HOF.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they did. It was the smart thing for Jethro and Rich. Personally I’d rather it all came out and exposed Dalrymple and why he was protected during that time. I’m sure it had nothing to do with his efforts on Jethro’s HOF.

Pretty sure Darymple is exposed now, innocent or guilty.

Rich was Jerry's right hand man covering up for his missteps. Without a video proving the allegation, the cheerleaders are lucky they got anything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty sure Darymple is exposed now, innocent or guilty.

Rich was Jerry's right hand man covering up for his missteps. Without a video proving the allegation, the cheerleaders are lucky they got anything.
The cheerleaders aren’t really a concern for me besides of course any disrespect they may have encountered. I’m more interested in why at that time it was worth the cover up for Jethro.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cheerleaders aren’t really a concern for me besides of course any disrespect they may have encountered. I’m more interested in why at that time it was worth the cover up for Jethro.

Oh thats pretty obvious. Why would you want this kind of bad PR , true or not, if you can make it go away for a few million?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
"First of all, the cheerleaders are iconic." So if the cheerleaders weren't as iconic, he wouldn't take it as seriously?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea, but you know what I mean with Rich efforts with his HOF going on then. It was critical to keep it under wraps.

Its not a given that a pervy employee story would have derailed Jerry's HOF induction or election. That said, Rich has been with the organization for 31 years. So, its not hard to believe the Cowboys would take his word over some cheerleaders in the absence of any evidence. At the end of the day, no crime was committed and the cheerleaders got a big pay day for their efforts. Moral of the story: the cheerleaders can only be oggled and recorded while they are on the clock.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its not a given that a pervy employee story would have derailed Jerry's HOF induction or election. That said, Rich has been with the organization for 31 years. So, its not hard to believe the Cowboys would take his word over some cheerleaders in the absence of any evidence. At the end of the day, no crime was committed and the cheerleaders got a big pay day for their efforts. Moral of the story: the cheerleaders can only be oggled and recorded while they are on the clock.
It probably wouldn’t have derailed it but it might have brought Rich’s contribution to a halt which could have slowed the process . Sorry but I’ll always be suspect .

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It probably wouldn’t have derailed it but it might have brought Rich’s contribution to a halt which could have slowed the process . Sorry but I’ll always be suspect .

I don't really care about Rich whose main job was to apologize and smooth over situations that would arise when Jerry's mouth kept moving after his brain went to sleep.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't really care about Rich whose main job was to apologize and smooth over situations that would arise when Jerry's mouth kept moving after his brain went to sleep.
I hear ya and I don’t either but at the time of this incident his main job was Jethro’s induction . And could be why Jethro wanted to keep it out of the news.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear ya and I don’t either but at the time of this incident his main job was Jethro’s induction . And could be why Jethro wanted to keep it out of the news.

If true, maybe Rich was trying to derail the induction. :lmao2:

The last thing any organization wants is a sexual harassment investigation. Cowboys did the smart thing. I still can't find if any info on the cheerleaders to see if they had an issue with the settlement or who leaked the story?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If true, maybe Rich was trying to derail the induction. :lmao2:

The last thing any organization wants is a sexual harassment investigation. Cowboys did the smart thing. I still can't find if any info on the cheerleaders to see if they had an issue with the settlement or who leaked the story?
Like with anything it will most likely eventually come out.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Life is rough at the top sometimes. Your employee screws up and you have to pay for that. 400k per cheerleader was a nice gesture IMO.
Jerry has that in the center console of his car, along with an emergency flask of Johnny Walker Blue.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The situation with the cheerleaders' controversy mirrors the level of accountability that exists with the Jones' organization. It's not a pretty picture. Not only does the organization look like hapless clowns but the cheerleaders, themselves, appear somewhat tainted by the outcome. (jmho)

Last edited: