Jerry Jones said the Cowboys are picking 24th because they were the 24th best team

fivetwos

Reaction score
My dad is 88....that was a stupid post!
I did not mean that Jerry is going to die because Davis did at that age, nor do I wish that upon him, as much as I don’t care for him and his act. What did you really think I meant, that anyone that age should be dead? Please.

I meant that it’s time to think about no longer attempting to be a GM of an NFL team.

He is saying ridiculous things (same way Davis did at the end) like being unaware of the cap situation or that they are picking 24th because they are the 24th best team.

My comment had nothing to do with anyone else, your father included.

Strykerscm

Reaction score
It took a couple years of mediocre teams and even worse university leadership and Ad for me to get apathetic.

The Cowboys have me in the same spot. If the game is on and I’m home, I’ll watch. But i won’t plan my Sundays around Cowboys or worry about dragging my son to cows games. He already loves Mahomes and the chiefs.

khiladi

Reaction score
giphy.gif

plasticman

Reaction score
It's time for the Jones kids to visit the judge and get those papers signed.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why I think Jerry has had a total turnaround this season. He knows his days are numbered and he's reaching out for help.
Hes blowing it up.
Hang on folks.

reddyuta

Reaction score
It is just sad at this point and it will worse under Stephen the penny pincher.our best bet is a succession row and they are forced to sell the team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He just misspoke. He meant the Cowboys were picking 24 because we were the 8th-best team. But Jerry haters are going to jump all over him every chance they get. You are petty people to harp on this.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So sad, like fans quiting on the team when the qb goes down for a few weeks at the beginning of the season.
I can't believe I have to explain this for the 1 millionth time on this board.

In order to "quit", you have to be an active participant, that is the basic Webster's definition.

We all here, including you my friend, are spectators. Again, consult Webster and you will see that a spectator is simply an "observer of an event".

Thus, a spectator (a fan) cannot quit on their favorite sports team because they are not an active participant. They can cease observing (turn the TV off or leave the stadium), but that is in no way shape or form quitting, they just simply stopped observing.

Just had to chime in, I am a stickler for using words correctly, sorry.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I can't believe I have to explain this for the 1 millionth time on this board.

In order to "quit", you have to be an active participant, that is the basic Webster's definition.

We all here, including you my friend, are spectators. Again, consult Webster and you will see that a spectator is simply an "observer of an event".

Thus, a spectator (a fan) cannot quit on their favorite sports team because they are not an active participant. They can cease observing (turn the TV off or leave the stadium), but that is in no way shape or form quitting, they just simply stopped observing.

Just had to chime in, I am a stickler for using words correctly, sorry.
Now what our defense did, against GB in the playoffs, would be considered quitting.