Jerry Jones says Connor Williams might cross train at tackle

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My thing is why didn't they do that with him last year. Knowing dang well his body wasn't built for guard

It's not "built" for tackle either. If anything, with where he should be at weight wise come the regular season, he'd probably be far more suited to play guard.

This is another Collins situation, but Williams will be worse at tackle.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
It's not "built" for tackle either. If anything, with where he should be at weight wise come the regular season, he'd probably be far more suited to play guard.

This is another Collins situation, but Williams will be worse at tackle.
You're crazy. The kid was a baller at tackle in college. Had to play through some injuries his last year at texas. The kid is built for tackle. Great athlete. Good feet. Leaner body. He came in last year at 295. So he bulks up to 310 maybe this year still built for a tackle he's like 6'6". Mcgovern is 6'5" and already 311 before he can stack some weight on. What collins situation?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
You're crazy. The kid was a baller at tackle in college. Had to play through some injuries his last year at texas. The kid is built for tackle. Great athlete. Good feet. Leaner body. He came in last year at 295. So he bulks up to 310 maybe this year still built for a tackle he's like 6'6". Mcgovern is 6'5" and already 311 before he can stack some weight on. What collins situation?
Collins started at OG and moved to OT.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Collins wasn't in a contract year, that's why.
You picked the guy in the 2nd round. and you knew in 2 seasons collins' contract was up. stop. Now collins will play tackle this year I think williams plays swing tackle then plays rt next year. Now williams will have 2 years wasted before getting any game time at a position. Then we will have to pay him shortly after.

Hardline

Reaction score
I wish he had another year of eligibility at the University of Texas.

conner01

Reaction score
I suspect they will look at McGovern and Williams at tackle
But when the season starts I’m still betting on Williams playing guard this year

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If you have to learn 2 positions at the same time, then you’re not really learning any.

Just make him a tackle and get it over with.

Exactly. The Cowboys can say whatever they want, but the drafting of McGovern seals Collins' fate. Let's just get Connor Williams comfortable at right tackle right now. They still have Joe Looney and Xavier Sua-Filo to play guard if McGovern isn't ready to start this year.

I would try to trade Collins for a pick or a player before camp.