Jerry Jones says Connor Williams might cross train at tackle

links18

Reaction score
Jerry trying to set Connor up with an endorsement deal for cross trainer shoes, like it was 1996.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
As he should, you can only carry 7 or 8 linemen on gameday. Guys need to be cross-trained unless you are an elite player.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
My thing is why didn't they do that with him last year. Knowing dang well his body wasn't built for guard

If Frederick had been available to play center, Looney could've played guard and they could've done that. Williams was needed at guard.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It's not "built" for tackle either. If anything, with where he should be at weight wise come the regular season, he'd probably be far more suited to play guard.

This is another Collins situation, but Williams will be worse at tackle.

Dont you dare questioning coach Jerry :mad:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry Jones said on the fan yesterday that he thinks Larry Lacewell can suit up and cross train at guard as well..its a "depth thing" according to Jerral Jones. :omg:

cern

Reaction score
You picked the guy in the 2nd round. and you knew in 2 seasons collins' contract was up. stop. Now collins will play tackle this year I think williams plays swing tackle then plays rt next year. Now williams will have 2 years wasted before getting any game time at a position. Then we will have to pay him shortly after.
And this year they draft McGovern. Very judicious drafts to say the least. They have any potential Collins problems covered. Chance favors the prepared mind.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t know what the compensation would be for letting COLLINS walk but if we go to Camp and Connor Williams is close to La’el Collins then I would trade Collins for a 2nd or 3rd.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Exactly. The Cowboys can say whatever they want, but the drafting of McGovern seals Collins' fate. Let's just get Connor Williams comfortable at right tackle right now. They still have Joe Looney and Xavier Sua-Filo to play guard if McGovern isn't ready to start this year.

I would try to trade Collins for a pick or a player before camp.

Problem being that Collins had shoulder surgery and trading him now would probably get you less than his value. I don't see a trade happening but not a bad thought at all CT. I believe the right side of the line will look exactly like the 2018 right side to start the season assuming Collins is healthy. He has every reason to play well in 2019.... $$$$$$$$$$

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
It's not "built" for tackle either. If anything, with where he should be at weight wise come the regular season, he'd probably be far more suited to play guard.

This is another Collins situation, but Williams will be worse at tackle.
I don't think so. He is more built to be tackle size wise as well as his college skill set. Guards need to be bigger while tackle needs to be little more mobile on their feet .
I would expect Collins to be moved to tackle.