News: Jerry Jones says he is not giving up on Gregory

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...oys-owner-jerry-jones-am-giving-randy-gregory

"I know the details of his situation, and I can't and I won't comment on details about it," Jones said. "But I am not giving up on Randy Gregory for the Cowboys and certainly not giving up on him as a person in life. At all. Not that it makes any difference that I do, but I do not dismiss him from our future."

Sorry if re-post. If nothing else, Jerry has proven in the past that he at least believes in nurturing players as best as possible. They'll eventually cut ties (Pac-Man Jones, Hardy), but often they'll do everything in their power and exhibit as much patience as Job to try to get people on their feet.

Carson

Reaction score
Saying the right things. Hopefully Gregory helps himself and does well in his life.

As a football player though? Game over man, game over.

Sydla

Reaction score
So did he basically confirm that Gregory got pinched again?

I get supporting the kid but he's going to be out another full season if the reports are true. How can you continue to stand by that?

RS12

Reaction score
Jerry Jones says he is not giving up on Gregory

I am pretty sure just about everybody else has.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I wonder if Randy can appeal and get in some time this season? I'm sure though he'll fail 3 more tests before he returns...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's why players want to play for Dallas.. you get in Jerry's soft side and he'll take care of you

Jerry will give guys a chance he will also release them as he has others like TO, Hardy, Randle and likely McClain. Jerry was there for Irvin when he ran into his problems as well.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I understand standing by him as a person and hoping he can kick his addiction but he needs to move on from him as a member of this team.

Sydla

Reaction score
I understand standing by him as a person and hoping he can kick his addiction but he needs to move on from him as a member of this team.

Yep. Roster decisions have to be made as if Gregory never even existed.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Why is everyone acting like Gregory is a stud? The dude has done NOTHING to indicate he's more than a JAG. Nothing.

Prime21

Reaction score
Jerry probably forsees marijuana being taken off the banned substances list.

They will stop testing eventually and when they do the pending suspensions will be overturned.

Watch for it this off-season.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
There really is no reason NOT to keep him on the roster. He is an appreciably small portion of the salary cap even when not suspended, and doesn't count against it when he is (he doesn't get paid, I think).

Point being, unless cutting him helps him somehow, there is no reason to do it. And only those around him know whether cutting him would benefit him.

John813

Reaction score
Well, he didn't give up on Brent, either.

Guess there's no real downside, as he doesn't count on the 53