News: Jerry Jones says he is not giving up on Gregory

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerrah has had a long history with this..

Josh Brent comes to mind..

Erik Williams..

Irvin..

Tunei

He shows support but has to move away from them as the team moves on.

He can not let them become a lightning rod where the media starts a crusade against the team for keeping them around.

Especially when he can't play or doesn't want to play.

True on the other hand after the problems with Irvin and all the negative press coming out about that team. Jones takes Greg Ellis over the troubled Randy Moss and fans freaked out on Jones and ripped him constantly because we did not take Moss.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Jerry hates to admit he made a mistake and Gregory was a mistake.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Thats nice Jerry ....... Too bad Gregory gave up on the Cowboys ...... gave up on his teamates.

Selfish and stupid ........ loves pot more than football.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
True on the other hand after the problems with Irvin and all the negative press coming out about that team. Jones takes Greg Ellis over the troubled Randy Moss and fans freaked out on Jones and ripped him constantly because we did not take Moss.
Yep.

But you can't see everything in the tea leaves.

Ellis produced until he broke his leg..

It was not our best times.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yep.

But you can't see everything in the tea leaves.

Ellis produced until he broke his leg..

It was not our best times.

True but again Jones caught hell big time as Moss was having record setting seasons. Many here felt getting Gregory was a great move until all of the off the field issues hit. You are right you can't see everything in the tea leaves.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry has more information than we have so i'll give the management the benefit of the doubt because of how well everything is going right now.

Reaction score
I just hope it doesn't blind him to the fact that this kid has a 99% probability rate of failure. One aspect of the Steeler's game should not be overlooked. Had they not gone for two pts. an astounding FOUR times, they would have scored 34 points on our defense, including driving 75 yards in just over a minute to take the lead with 42 seconds remaining in the game. It's unfeasible to believe our offense can bail us out every time. Except for DeMarcus Lawrence, our pass rush is nil. Gregory should never have been drafted, once he failed his drug test at the Combine. We need to draft two pass rushers in the first four rounds if we're ever going to have a dominating defense. It's the only way to ever stop the Brady's of the NFL-put them in the dirt early & often. We do not have that capability right now, & it will keep us from winning the SB until we do.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
True but again Jones caught hell big time as Moss was having record setting seasons. Many here felt getting Gregory was a great move until all of the off the field issues hit. You are right you can't see everything in the tea leaves.
Yeah man..

If I could read tea leaves..

I would have seen 2015 coming.

I would have taken last year off.

What's really strange about this year is..

we started out the same way as last year with Romo and Dez out..

But have become a totally different team with DAK and Zeke and basically the same team supporting cast.

I am not sure how to explain it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I suppose it doesn't cost anything to hang on but who really thinks he'll go a year without failing another drug test .

MileyDancer

Reaction score
If you think highlight reels are a basis for determining talent it'd be a waste of time. In limited snaps Gregory showed a grasp of pass rush moves that no one on the roster possesses. You not knowing isn't something you should be proud of. I know it's hard for you guys and gals dealing with 8-1. You'll always have Dez to hate though.
So, you got nothing. Got it.

dallasdave

Reaction score
The same reason why everyone was acting like Bosa was a stud -- oh look, he is. Gregory has had zero chance to prove himself (fully healthy) and has had some of the highest praise from all-time Cowboys greats. So, other than that...

Miley, your posts are increasingly becoming grating -- less positive -- the better we do. If you couldn't care less what I think, so be it. But it's okay to be happy and let your guard down.
:clap:

conner01

Reaction score
So did he basically confirm that Gregory got pinched again?

I get supporting the kid but he's going to be out another full season if the reports are true. How can you continue to stand by that?
Being suspended he doesn't accrue time so there is nothing lost by keeping him.
The one thing you can't do is assume you will ever get anything out of him but keeping his rights, I don't see any downside

conner01

Reaction score
Good on Jerry for the not giving up on him in life comment, proud to have an owner like that

However, not giving up on him as a player for the Cowboys may not be up to him if Gregory can't keep from getting suspended

Personally, I hope and want Gregory to get his life together and have some sort of prosperous future, I just don't see it in the NFL
Well said
I still have compassion for the kid as a human but I would be shocked if he ever amounts to anything in the NFL
Such a waste

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Here is a thought that popped in my mind. This suspension approach might be counter affecting and causing the wrong reaction. Especially for young players.. When they are active, they have the practices, the meetings, the film rooms, etc etc to keep them busy and their times occupied .. when they are suspended they have a LOT of free time .. and most of you know how free time sometimes is trouble more than a blessing ..
To help those guys and at the same time discipline them, they need to come up with some other means of punishment .. participate in leagues charity activities, coach youngsters, anything.. just don't throw them to the wilderness

:cool: