News: Jerry Jones: Taco's hard in himself, and thats ok

Techsass

Reaction score
I still want to see Taco become a player worth his 2nd contract. Nobody has ever hyped him as becoming a pro-bowl type of player, but I'd like to see him step it up a couple of notches.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think folks on this board can't get over the fact that they wanted Watt. Also, they want to continue to make awful Taco jokes (although the Taco salad one at least hasn't been used 1000 times yet).

This is a board for fans. Those of you who root against Taco because you told everyone over and over how much you wanted Watt instead need to get over it. Be a fan of the team rather than of your own ego.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think folks on this board can't get over the fact that they wanted Watt. Also, they want to continue to make awful Taco jokes (although the Taco salad one at least hasn't been used 1000 times yet).

This is a board for fans. Those of you who root against Taco because you told everyone over and over how much you wanted Watt instead need to get over it. Be a fan of the team rather than of your own ego.

The great thing for them about Watt is he's done well as a 3-4 linebacker (who spends a lot of time in pass coverage), so they "know" he'd be a great 4-3 DE even though he was a linebacker in college and is in the NFL. They'll never be proven wrong (or right). :rolleyes:

GenoT

Reaction score
Hey Jerry...is it also ok that Taco’s an average rotational JAG?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Except when he falls down in the grass... then he’s taco salad.

HE'S FALLEN AND HE CAN'T GET UP !!!!
latest

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet that is the essence of what Jerry told Charlton when he gave him a locker-room hug. This doesn't have to be about "the pressure of being a first-rounder'' anymore. It needs to be about Charlton continuing to develop as a rotational contributor. And for what it's worth, he's done that now for two straight weeks. And Jones wants to help him do it again.
Taco's making plays. Yeah I know it's preseason. But what he has done this summer is more than he has ever shown before. It looks like the light bulb has finally came on.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

That taco salad quip was actually the first taco joke I’ve made (I think). But you’re right, people do love to do it.

As far as the Watt thing, you’re probably right there too. I actually didn’t want Dallas to take Watt either (I didn’t want Taco in Dallas), I was wanting Dallas to take Chidobe Awuzie with their 27th overall pick, haha. I was right that he was going to be a good player, but I was wrong that he wouldn’t last until Dallas’ second round pick. Had they taken Awuzie in the first and Taco in the second, I would have been happy with that outcome.

And it looks like I was wrong about Watt as well, although he is light for a 43 scheme and much better fits in Pitt’s 34. But he is a smart, good player in any scheme.

As for Taco, he is playing much better so far in camp and if he continues, he will be, at worst, a productive part of the DE rotation, so I do have hope for him.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Watt would be Taco Charlton playing DE for the Cowboys. Theres a reason Pitt plays him really far out wide even a 3-4. Credit the Steelers for seeing what worked for him at Wisconsin and what didnt.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That taco salad quip was actually the first taco joke I’ve made (I think). But you’re right, people do love to do it.

As far as the Watt thing, you’re probably right there too. I actually didn’t want Dallas to take Watt either (I didn’t want Taco in Dallas), I was wanting Dallas to take Chidobe Awuzie with their 27th overall pick, haha. I was right that he was going to be a good player, but I was wrong that he wouldn’t last until Dallas’ second round pick. Had they taken Awuzie in the first and Taco in the second, I would have been happy with that outcome.

And it looks like I was wrong about Watt as well, although he is light for a 43 scheme and much better fits in Pitt’s 34. But he is a smart, good player in any scheme.

As for Taco, he is playing much better so far in camp and if he continues, he will be, at worst, a productive part of the DE rotation, so I do have hope for him.
I don't joke about tacos.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

Being a fan of a team means being critical at times. Eating every rainbow that comes out of Jerry Jones’s butt doesn’t make you a fan, it makes you disgusting.