Video: Jerry Jones Talks About Trey Lance's Acquisition

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
When asked about how this affects Dak. The key statement. "Of course not.....We shall see how this works out." That's a glowing endorsement.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

A key discussion of DNA Kid #1 specifying why Lance was picked up and his future plan.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It would be horrible if Lance doesn't pan out, yet we are seeing Will Grier tear it up tonight with Dak calling the plays.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
To me it's mind-boggling anyone can stand to listen to Jerry speak more than 2 seconds. Lol.
Between the lip smacking and Jerryisms I definitely get it but he is the one most likely to be honest when giving specifics as to what is going on.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Beware the career snake oil salesman...

FB-IMG-1693086611663.jpg

plasticman

Reaction score
@plasticman what are your thoughts on this development?
Honestly I was joking when I claimed I wanted Grier to throw for 300 yards and score four TD's. I really was.

We can say it was just one game but this game was very high pressure for him because his entire career was on the line in this one game.

Despite the pressure he had to feel, he came through bigtime. He handled that pressure. If I'm not mistaken, that is one of the primary attributes that Cowboys fans want from their QB. They want them to play big in big games and, although this was a preseason game composed of 3rd day draft picks, undrafted free agents, and practice squad refugees, it was a big game for him.

However, Grier proved that he's capable of playing at that level, it doesn't prove he can do that consistently. Cooper Rush has credentials that show he is steady and consistent. That's not very exciting but he's not required to be exciting , he's just supposed to get the ball into the hands of somebody who is exciting.

Now, as far as Dak Prescott calling the plays, a part of me wants to remind some posters of their opinions that Dak was lacking in intelligence, ability to process information, and fundamental football principles. However there is a concern that overrides that.

My concern involves the understanding that it has been a while since McCarthy has called plays. Preseason isn't just to acclimate players to the coach's system, it also allows coaches to become better organized in their own system. Is McCarthy that confident of his play calling prowess that he needs no warmup period to straighten any potential wrinkles?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Honestly I was joking when I claimed I wanted Grier to throw for 300 yards and score four TD's. I really was.

We can say it was just one game but this game was very high pressure for him because his entire career was on the line in this one game.

Despite the pressure he had to feel, he came through bigtime. He handled that pressure. If I'm not mistaken, that is one of the primary attributes that Cowboys fans want from their QB. They want them to play big in big games and, although this was a preseason game composed of 3rd day draft picks, undrafted free agents, and practice squad refugees, it was a big game for him.

However, Grier proved that he's capable of playing at that level, it doesn't prove he can do that consistently. Cooper Rush has credentials that show he is steady and consistent. That's not very exciting but he's not required to be exciting , he's just supposed to get the ball into the hands of somebody who is exciting.

Now, as far as Dak Prescott calling the plays, a part of me wants to remind some posters of their opinions that Dak was lacking in intelligence, ability to process information, and fundamental football principles. However there is a concern that overrides that.

My concern involves the understanding that it has been a while since McCarthy has called plays. Preseason isn't just to acclimate players to the coach's system, it also allows coaches to become better organized in their own system. Is McCarthy that confident of his play calling prowess that he needs no warmup period to straighten any potential wrinkles?
I was talking about both Joneses saying that this move had no basis in Dak's contract negotiation.

Majic

Reaction score
A couple of things stand out to me on listening to both interviews. Sounds like the scouts had a mixture of grades on Lance (1st and 2nd). The Cowboys definitely overpaid with a 4th, I think they could have got him for a 5th but Jerry was desperate for them not to hang up. Overall I think it was the right move to make, but what worries me is I think the rest of the NFL have already decided Lance's career is not salvageable

Motorola

Reaction score
Interesting to hear that the Niners called the boys, not the other way around.
Not really…they were the sellers. It was already reported that they called around the league. As would any team
Right on 'mcmvp'.
On Wednesday, the 49ers informed Lance he would be QB3 (behind Purdy and Donald) for the upcoming season; later that day, Lance told them he wanted to be traded. So the 49ers honored his request - and shopped him around.