Video: Jerry Jones Talks About Trey Lance's Acquisition

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I was talking about both Joneses saying that this move had no basis in Dak's contract negotiation.
Keep in mind Jerry and Stephen have been dealing with the media for over 30 years. Everything they say is calculated IMO. No way in hell they are to give any indication of this kid having a future as our franchise QB until he does. In other words, they will publically support Dak until they are 100% sure they can't extend him.......IMO.

For now, it is still Dak's team but after the season............who knows

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me it's mind-boggling anyone can stand to listen to Jerry speak more than 2 seconds. Lol.
If you can't listen more than 2 seconds, then how do you know how he truly sounds?
That is like listening to a few chords of a new song and say it sucks.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple of things stand out to me on listening to both interviews. Sounds like the scouts had a mixture of grades on Lance (1st and 2nd). The Cowboys definitely overpaid with a 4th, I think they could have got him for a 5th but Jerry was desperate for them not to hang up. Overall I think it was the right move to make, but what worries me is I think the rest of the NFL have already decided Lance's career is not salvageable
4th or a 5th for a 3rd overall pick, and you thing they overpaid?
He hardly has had any time to play, and the mediots think he is a bust. They media knows nothing.

Jerry was not desperate by any means.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
A couple of things stand out to me on listening to both interviews. Sounds like the scouts had a mixture of grades on Lance (1st and 2nd). The Cowboys definitely overpaid with a 4th, I think they could have got him for a 5th but Jerry was desperate for them not to hang up. Overall I think it was the right move to make, but what worries me is I think the rest of the NFL have already decided Lance's career is not salvageable
They had to beat the Bill’s 5th round offer that was on the table. If you hang up and make them decide between your 5th and the Bill’s 5th, then the next thing you will hear about Trey Lance is that he has been traded to the Bills. 100% probability they would rather have shipped him to the AFC. It’s not an overpay when you pay what the market says you have to in order to close the deal for something you really want. Just like it’s not really a reach to draft a player you really want who won’t be available with your next pick just because some irrelevant people on the internet put him a little further down their rankings.

Majic

Reaction score
4th or a 5th for a 3rd overall pick, and you thing they overpaid?
He hardly has had any time to play, and the mediots think he is a bust. They media knows nothing.

Jerry was not desperate by any means.
Forget the media, it's the other teams who think he is a bust. That's what counts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Interesting to hear that the Niners called the boys, not the other way around.
And yet there were four teams involved in this it wasn't just jerry, this wasn't just Jerry making a dumb move they were all offering fifths and Jerry offered a fourth to win and that's just what he does sometimes I'm not against the move it's just kicking the tires on a 23-year-old potential backup quarterback.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry Jones' comments about Trey Lance on Dallas Cowboys: Countdown to Kickoff:

"but thats not the point , the point is that when you look at uh , our history with quarterbacks uh we've had to have the opportunity to come by ." - Jerry Jones

giphy.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry Jones' comments about Trey Lance on Dallas Cowboys: Countdown to Kickoff:

SF wanted to get rid of their bust qb, and thought we need a sucker that would give us more than buffalo (had to be 5th or lower)
and someone said "call jerry!" good idea lets give jerry a call and see if he bites lol.
jerry bit, (former 1st rounder jerry loves them lol) and now we get rid of grier for lance who costs more, and right before grier has his best game.

Trey is a bust, drafted # 3 overall and couldnt stay on the field, not vg when he was, and they dump him for a 4th round pick, after giving up 3 1st round picks
to get lance.

So either SF is really really stupid or jerry is just ......not smart but psychic? which one do you think?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF wanted to get rid of their bust qb, and thought we need a sucker that would give us more than buffalo (had to be 5th or lower)
and someone said "call jerry!" good idea lets give jerry a call and see if he bites lol.
jerry bit, (former 1st rounder jerry loves them lol) and now we get rid of grier for lance who costs more, and right before grier has his best game.

Trey is a bust, drafted # 3 overall and couldnt stay on the field, not vg when he was, and they dump him for a 4th round pick, after giving up 3 1st round picks
to get lance.

So either SF is really really stupid or jerry is just ......not smart but psychic? which one do you think?
A broken ankle will tend to keep someone off the field.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A broken ankle will tend to keep someone off the field.
sure it will, trey has a history of injuries. That trend will probably continue.
Someone posted here of how many games he played from HS to Nfl and it was shocking how few games he has played.
I dont know how he got drafted in 1st round.
Bill parcells liked qb's who played 3-4 years in college , for a reason. Trey was one, it was evidently a good one, and he cashed in to go to nfl right then.
Which kinda says he is mainly in it for the $.