Jerry Jones tells GMF how the dallas cowboys are preparing to compete against the 9-1 Eagles

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How can you hate Romo and defend Dak at the same time?
I must be in the minority because I always defended Romo and I always defend Dak. They are so much alike in that there is a narrative about both of them based on falsehoods.

Romo was never a choker; his come from behind wins tell the truth. Dak is not a terrible passer that can't read defenses, all evidence points to the opposite.

But, it's the Cowboys, and haters are going to find reasons to hate and never let them go.

MS17

Reaction score
Jerruh hops out of bed, has a McGriddles sandwich and then chats with reporters, giving the latest news and his thoughts about his Cowboys.
A perfect morning in the life of the Jerruh.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I don't start threads about Romo, so stop lying. It's not my fault you fell in love with a choker who went Hollywood and was unable to come through when most needed by the team.
You are lying through your teeth. And as usual acting like a child.

You got exposed. Deal with it

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's about competing against them when you're not playing them. Being consistent week to week against your other opponents. Playing them has never been an uphill climb.

plasticman

Reaction score
Any time that Jerry Jones opens his mouth in public about football related issues he is usurping the authority of his HC. It is the HC who typically talks to the media about issues regarding the team and he has the power to decide what the media should know and what they shouldn't.

When someone else in the franchise other than the HC communicates with the media on a consistent basis then they run the risk of contradicting each other and it can create confusion and uncertainty among the player or players that are being discussed.

It is imperative that there be a single consistent message going out to the media, fans and especially players. The information that Jerry Jones gives to the media is often false and undermines the perception that McCarthy is running this team. This could effect his ability to hold players accountable and continue a consistent level of discipline.

If McCarthy is getting on a player to do things a certain way while jerry Jones publicly compliments that player's performance then it could corrupt that players commitment to Mccarthy's system.

The effect on just a few players could shift the Cowboys ability to win.

Eddie

Reaction score
100 percent - he has his goods and his bads...i will say to his credit over the past few years the goods have certainly been outweighing the bad
Like the number of Super Bowls in the last 28 years.

Jipper

Reaction score
Like the number of Super Bowls in the last 28 years.
The heck is wrong with you idiots? We won 3 with him st the helm, he had a bad stretch from late 90s to Parcells, then a rough stretch in the early 2010s, but over the last 5-7 years this team has been really trending up.

Is it too hard to say he's actually done a decent job recently? Have you not enjoyed the teams success lately? Despite the early playoff exits it's still better than the alternative.

It's ok to want more, but he's done good the last half decade getting this team to a better spot

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nine times out of ten, Jerry isn't really worth listening to. It's wasted time, as his thoughts are of little value. Someone needs to tell him so! ;)

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Jerry said nothing wrong and gave them no bulletin board material.
He was very gracious and humble in the way he answered that question.

CCBoy

Reaction score
That's it, the interview wasn't completed. Someone go back and get what his points prediction for the game are... :muttley:

Blackrain

Reaction score
How can you hate Romo and defend Dak at the same time?
Wow that's pretty easy Dak may not be the most talented guy but he uses everything in his skill set to try and win.

Romo had all the talent in the world and squandered more opportunities than I'd like to mention by wanting to do nothing but pass the ball at all costs.

When he had his health he didn't take the game seriously enough his conditioning sucked as he resembled the Pillsbury doughboy.
And the reason he had so many comebacks is because he had so many mistakes early in games that it was necessary to come back.
The guy along with his horrible coach Jason Garrett kept us wallowing in mediocrity thoroughly wasting a decade of my fan Hood.
The guy was absolutely incredible at keeping us at 8-8 the equivalent of NFL purgatory not good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to draft well.
All that said he is without a doubt my favorite football commentary man and analyst.
Enough of Romo before it ruins my Thanksgiving