News: Jerry Jones was in a car accident *** NO INSULTS OR JOKES ALLOWED ***

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This thread got me to thinking. Jerry has enough dough to be driving one o dem cars that has the driver assist feature which is supposed to detect collisions even before the driver does and brake to avoid the collision. But I guess you can turn that feature off. Still by my estimation the driver making the turn did so less than 50 feet in front of Jerry's car and slowed down almost to a stop as he clearly was about to miss his turn and probably realized that the road was wet and he needed to slow down a lot more or skid onto the sidewalk. Unfortunately doing so left him a sitting duck in front of the oncoming Benz. Which if traveling 40 mph would have been going almost 60 feet per second. Meaning that even if the driver of the Benz reacted within half a second he had less than 30 feet to stop before hitting the other car. And aint no way in hell a car traveling at that speed was going to stop and on a wet road swerving would have been EXTREMELY dicey and probably would have taken out the white car that passes to their right an instant after the collision. But in reality there was no time to do anything but hang on and hope for the best because the other car was SO close.
Yep, totally bonehead decision by silver car turning left from middle lane . I’d be curious to know what speed limit was .

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And if you don't believe the speed of Jethro’s car has any relevance into the potential impact and bodily injury then that’s totally absurd.
Anyone who has witnessed car collisions or comprehend the base elements of vehicle collisions (e.g. inertia, etc.) could adequately and properly conceptualize how the speed of Jones' car factored into the crash as seen in the video. Perhaps the motor vehicle accident report will get leaked somehow. That would settle some lingering questions about what Jones' car should or should not have done.

I have my own long outstanding misgivings about Jones. However, car accidents happen every day. I will not allow my personal feelings about him color an objective review of the crash video.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...Which if traveling 40 mph would have been going almost 60 feet per second. Meaning that even if the driver of the Benz reacted within half a second he had less than 30 feet to stop before hitting the other car. And aint no way in hell a car traveling at that speed was going to stop...
Good commonsense analysis.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Anyone who has witnessed car collisions or comprehend the base elements of vehicle collisions (e.g. inertia, etc.) could adequately and properly conceptualize how the speed of Jones' car factored into the crash as seen in the video. Perhaps the motor vehicle accident report will get leaked somehow. That would settle some lingering questions about what Jones' car should or should not have done.

I have my own long outstanding misgivings about Jones. However, car accidents happen every day. I will not allow my personal feelings about him color an objective review of the crash video.
That’s fair .

But we can certainly make some assumptions or possibly even draw some conclusions based on our personal feelings and his prior history. Human nature doesn’t always allow us to be totally objective.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s fair .

But we can certainly make some assumptions or possibly even draw some conclusions based on our personal feelings and his prior history. Human nature doesn’t always allow us to be totally objective.
This is exactly what I am talking about. Why? There have been enough documented reports of Jones intoxicated. Does the video of him standing and talking to other after the accident appear that he drunk? Not to me. Scratch that stray thought.

So let's start reaching for other reasons. He was going "too fast." The video does not show him drag racing. Scratch.

He was laughing it up on his cell. Maybe crowing how well he out-thought everyone else during the draft. Perhaps he was so full of himself that the split seconds of a car crossing his lane of traffic nullified the law of motion? Scratch.

He was texting while driving? Jones is old school. He pecks at the keys on his cell for texts. Inside a luxury vehicle. With standard features like voice activated texting. That'll take your eyes off the road for a few split seconds. Yeah. Honestly, that is a gigantic excuse on my part but I am stretching as much as I can. Scratch.

No thank you. Accidents happen every day. Everyone involved in an accident are not automatically judged as Satan or The Devil, so personal feelings can easily, let me repeat, easily be removed from an evaluation process.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is exactly what I am talking about. Why? There have been enough documented reports of Jones intoxicated. Does the video of him standing and talking to other after the accident appear that he drunk? Not to me. Scratch that stray thought.

So let's start reaching for other reasons. He was going "too fast." The video does not show him drag racing. Scratch.

He was laughing it up on his cell. Maybe crowing how well he outthink everyone else during the draft. Perhaps he was so full of himself that the split seconds of a car crossing his lane of traffic nullified the law of motion? Scratch.

He was texting while driving? Jones is old school. He pecks at the keys on his cell for texts. Inside a luxury vehicle. With standard features like voice activated texting. That'll take your eyes off the road for a few split seconds. Yeah. Honestly, that is a gigantic excuse on my part but I am stretching as much as I can. Scratch.

No thank you. Accidents happen every day. Everyone involved in an accident are not automatically judged as Satan or The Devil, so personal feelings can easily, let me repeat, easily be removed from an evaluation process.
Too fast doesn’t have to be drag racing . 10 miles above the speed limit could be an issue especially on wet roads .

If he saw that silver car paused or stopped awkwardly in adjacent lane in the intersection many defensive drivers might have slowed heading into intersection. I’m not sure we can argue he slows at all before impact .

The fact he’s almost 80 could suggest he struggles with the new technology. Didn’t he have a flip phone years after they were out dated .

Sorry, but personal prior history does come into play . I’d like to know where he was coming from. And where was he headed .

While he doesn’t have any guilt in this accident he might under more diligent defensive driving techniques avoided or at least limited the severity of impact.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too fast doesn’t have to be drag racing . 10 miles above the speed limit could be an issue especially on wet roads .

The fact he’s almost 80 could suggest he struggles with the new technology. Didn’t he have a flip phone years after they were out dated .

Sorry, but personal prior history does come into play . I’d like to know where he was coming from. And where was he headed .

While he doesn’t have any guilt in this accident he might under more extremist defensive driving techniques avoided or at least limited the severity of impact.
You are reaching. "You win." Not going down this road with you and taking the next exit out of the discussion. Hopefully, I will avoid a head-on collision with someone merging onto the highway using my exit ramp. Thanks. Give Jerral Wayne hell!!!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are reaching. "You win." Not going down this road with you and taking the next exit out of the discussion. Hopefully, I will avoid a head-on collision with someone merging onto the highway using my exit ramp. Thanks. Give Jerral Wayne hell!!!!!!
It’s not about winning. I’m just providing an argument that possibly a more careful and alert defensive driving techniques potentially could have avoided as sever of impact.

I think it’s a reasonable assertion regardless the personal feelings or prior history. Jethro’s car didn’t appear to be at a cautious speed going thru the intersection with another car awkwardly paused in adjacent lane .

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if this information was already posted so ...

Additional details of the car accident Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was in last week have been revealed. According to a Dallas police crash report from NBCDFW, the driver of the car that Jones hit was making an improper left turn. The driver of the vehicle, which was a gray Hyundai Sonata, was making a Door Dash delivery last Wednesday evening. The driver slowed down at the intersection and then made an improper turn from the far right lane putting him right in front of Jones's car.