News: Jerry Jones: You don't need a rushing champ to win SB

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Al I know is I think I’m worn out having to like and cheer for him. It takes a lot of energy to like bad people. Seems it would make life much easier and stress free to hate him as a member of another team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You had it right up until this sentence. Dumb sentence.

Truth is, Cowboys should have drafted Ramsey in 2016, traded to get Murray back, won the championship in 2016, and found another running back along the way to be the lead horse.
Ya that was a real bonebone decision to not win the Super Bowl in 2016

rags747

Reaction score
No Zeke No Championship, we don’t exactly have Mahomes lining up under center.

aria

Reaction score
I wonder how all the stuffy posters here would react to Ramsey showing up in a Brinks truck and declaring over and over "No discount!"?
I wouldn’t be happy, wouldn’t like him for it and would call him a dbag but would support paying him due to his position and lack of other off the field issues besides just being a loud mouth.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If Jerry is saying this publicly, I think it means z man will have to take what they are offering, or something close, or he can just hold out.
I dont think they will cave now, it will be feed me guy that has to back down or keep holding out.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry's right about the league, in general not needing the leading rusher. However, the Dallas Cowboys need #21 to win a SB.

Not really feeling Jerry talk SBs after the past quarter century. Still waiting on this .500 HC to win a SB like Jimmy did.
Jerry's been wrong an awful lot about football this century. lol

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Al I know is I think I’m worn out having to like and cheer for him. It takes a lot of energy to like bad people. Seems it would make life much easier and stress free to hate him as a member of another team.
I had to cheer for T.O. and Deon. You get used to it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Truth is, Cowboys should have drafted Ramsey in 2016, traded to get Murray back, won the championship in 2016, and found another running back along the way to be the lead horse.

Funny how every fan's revisionist history scenario ends in a championship. :muttley:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No Zeke No Championship, we don’t exactly have Mahomes lining up under center.

Don't need Mahomes under center. Dak just has to be Dak. He can play football, and he is pretty good at it. But having Zeke makes his life a whole lot easier.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be happy, wouldn’t like him for it and would call him a dbag but would support paying him due to his position and lack of other off the field issues besides just being a loud mouth.
I can understand your stance.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
SJ says Gurley is the starting point contract wise and IIRC said Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink.
JJ now says you don't need the league leading rusher to win the SB, knowing that Zeke would of been the champ the past 3 years if not for whack suspension.

SJ is the good cop and JJ playing the bad cop?

No.

JJ is playing the self-made billionaire negotiator. SJ is playing Sonny Corleone by telling people outside the family what he's thinking.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Don't need Mahomes under center. Dak just has to be Dak. He can play football, and he is pretty good at it. But having Zeke makes his life a whole lot easier.
Bingo! That is why I could see Jerry signing Zeke.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
At this point I'd say just trade Zeke. I would have a different opinion a year ago, but for all the problems he's caused off the field in his short NFL career I'm shocked at how much brass he has. He comes off as a bit entitled.

Before you disagree with that, check is long list of off the field issues before doing so.

I imagine it's easy for our players to be entitled. Jerry treats everyone like family and hates to part ways with anyone, even if it means overpaying or paying big bucks to average talent.