Jerry Just Gave Himself A Big Raise with higher ticket prices

RD21

Reaction score
End zone seats that were $140 per game in 2021 are increasing to $170 in 2022. Per Hill, one season-ticket holder who paid $2,700 for two tickets in 2021 has received an invoice for $3,250 for the same two seats in 2022. Club tickets are going up from $410 to $430 and some lower-level ticket seats from $160 to $190
Pricing the average fan out of the game experience. I find it even more disgusting that the lower priced seats have gotten the bigger increase. Both in actual dollars, & percentage of increase. $30 is a bigger deal to someone in the "cheap seats", than $20 is to someone in club seats.

Throw in parking, & concessions, you couldn't take a spouse & two kids to a game for less than $1,000. That's if your local, & aren't travelling to the game. If travelling from out of the area, & require lodging.... well, you'd be hard pressed to to make the weekend for $1,500 with just a spouse, or single kid. Of course, that's not even considering the good seats.

I've been to a number of games personally over the years. However, I've most likely gone to my last. Which is a shame. I'd rather watch the game at home, than spend that kind of cash to be uncomfortable, & not have a very good view of the game. Unless you are wealthy, or going to games is the only significant hobby/experience you covet, it's just not realistic, or practical anymore. At least for a lot of fans.

For reference, the face value of the 1982 NFC Championship game I went to was $17. That was for a front row ticket (section 108 RFK Stadium), about the 45 yard line.

Rayman70

Reaction score
tumblr_of9id9Sjhj1utoj9eo2_500.gif

Pricing the average fan out of the game experience. I find it even more disgusting that the lower priced seats have gotten the bigger increase. Both in actual dollars, & percentage of increase. $30 is a bigger deal to someone in the "cheap seats", than $20 is to someone in club seats.

Throw in parking, & concessions, you couldn't take a spouse & two kids to a game for less than $1,000. That's if your local, & aren't travelling to the game. If travelling from out of the area, & require lodging.... well, you'd be hard pressed to to make the weekend for $1,500 with just a spouse, or single kid. Of course, that's not even considering the good seats.

I've been to a number of games personally over the years. However, I've most likely gone to my last. Which is a shame. I'd rather watch the game at home, than spend that kind of cash to be uncomfortable, & not have a very good view of the game. Unless you are wealthy, or going to games is the only significant hobby/experience you covet, it's just not realistic, or practical anymore. At least for a lot of fans.

For reference, the face value of the 1982 NFC Championship game I went to was $17. That was for a front row ticket (section 108 RFK Stadium), about the 45 yard line.
giphy.gif

Section446

Reaction score
Always a beating to pay the bill for a team that isn't serious about winning.

Reactions: CWR

conner01

Reaction score
I’m right there with you, brother. Housing prices in austin, where I live, are beyond ridiculous
Home costs are crazy
I suspect we will some a similar adjustment to what happened in the last housing bubble. Not as bad because there are less high risk loans but an adjustment is likely coming
First time buyers are such a small part of this market because they are being priced out. Any market swapping within that market without adding new customers to the market is not sustainable

conner01

Reaction score
It’s not just Dallas and it’s not anything new. Tickets for NFL games have been going up and will continue to go up. And people will continue to buy them
TV revenue will continue to go up because networks continue to sell ads
Salaries for players will continue to go up because revenue will continue to grow

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

I live less than 20 minutes from Jerry World - I still wouldn't pay for a ticket to that crap show. Jerry isn't serious about winning and hasn't been that way for a very long time. So why should I or anyone else give our money to someone who has no desire to improve the product on the field?

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score
Ticket prices for me up by 18.75% from last year. I hope to see some value for that increase, but won't be holding my breath. May trade those seats and all those travel expenses for a new boat.

I really don’t know what you are talking about. Mine went up $20 a ticket and parking stayed the same. $20 on my tickets is like 4.75%. So the math is off somewhere buddy. And you gotta realize that if you are taking off the total, we have 9 home games instead of the regular 8….

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I really don’t know what you are talking about. Mine went up $20 a ticket and parking stayed the same. $20 on my tickets is like 4.75%. So the math is off somewhere buddy. And you gotta realize that if you are taking off the total, we have 9 home games instead of the regular 8….
$160 - $190/ticket. It's pretty simple math. I can help you if you like.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I bet his profit margin stays about the same

Player salaries up 18 mil
All costs for everthing imaginable adre up
Im sure staff salaries will go up
Property taxes skyrocketing
Etc

Of course ticket prices are way up

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
We all need to be patient with our billionaire and millionaire overlords. They had a very very tough time enduring the pandemic and also lost a lot of money. You really have no idea so try to think of others.

Hopefully, some nice people will see fit to, at least, give them another round of tax cuts. It’s only fair.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I bet his profit margin stays about the same

Player salaries up 18 mil
All costs for everthing imaginable adre up
Im sure staff salaries will go up
Property taxes skyrocketing
Etc

Of course ticket prices are way up
Thank you for thinking of Jerry. He loves you.

I’m sure if his expenses go down he will adjust his margins accordingly. They always do.

Last edited:

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
For me, the microeconomic perspective is more appropriate with this discussion.

Disposable income and perceived value of goods and services create individualized dynamics with discretionary spending. There are inevitable parameters of price elasticity at play, but for the most part, people who frequent entertainment events will likely continue dong so if the the perceived, intrinsic value is worthy of the financial commitment for the privilege to attend.

Chasing margins is not always going to result in sustained long term profits for a firm if the product is inconsistent. Consumers will eventually reach a point of indifference with the product if it remains in static state while escalating in price.