Twitter: Jerry looking bigger than Riley?

Pape

Reaction score
I can't see Kraft letting the greatest coach in NFL history just walk out the door if he could do anything about it.
a6Fi7B5.jpg

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/pa...bill-belichick-are-very-close-to-the-end/amp/

“I think they are very close to the end, whether this is the last year, whether this tandem has one more year together or maybe two,” King said during an appearance on WEEI on Wednesday. “I can’t see it being much more than two. I don’t know, especially after what Gotham Chopra said on my podcast last week when I talked to him about ‘Tom vs. Time.’ Playing in his mid-40s — he cast a lot of doubt on whether that had much of a chance to happen [for Brady].

“But again, I don’t really think right now that it’s in any danger this year. And if I had a gut feeling, we’re probably going to see the marriage extended through the end of 2019. But again, that’s just an absolute guess on my part.”

March 28, 2018

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Get the san fran coach. The offense has money invested and proven players. Get the d up to snuff

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
.....and if any of you think tight lipped Belichik is coming here and allowing Jerry to say things Bill goes out of his way to NOT say publicly, you're not paying attention.

He may be the LAST guy to ever work for Jerry

On the surface, it looks like a bad fit. But, I never thought Parcels would come here either.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What name is bigger than Riley that’s attainable? Payton signed 5 year extension and Belichick isn’t coming. Saban is also on downside of his career as in he doesn’t have many years left.

Yawn. The former scout is speculating.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish! But I can't see Kraft letting the greatest coach in NFL history just walk out the door if he could do anything about it.

Well, remember a few years ago when josh mcdaniels turned down the Colts job after accepting it? There is an ascension plan in place in NE. But, since the Patriots don't blab to the media or confirm coaching contracts, its impossible to know anything for certain. But, Belechik may be looking to change up the scenery and establish a legacy that doesn't involve Brady. Why not Dallas and undertake the challenge of resurrecting this franchise?

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, rememer a few years ago when josh mcdaniels turned down the Colts job after accepting it? There is an ascension plan in place in NE. But, since the Patriots don't blab to the media or confirm coaching contracts, its impossible to know anything for certain. But, Belechik may be looking to change up the scenery and establish a legacy that doesn't involve Brady. Why not Dallas and undertake the challenge of resurrecting this franchise?

Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Naw I wouldn't bet on it either. But, Belechek is one of the only people on the planet who Jerry respects enough to allow him to build a team and coaching staff on his own.

khiladi

Reaction score
College is ultimately about the ability to recruit top-tier talent, isn’t it? That doesn’t really work in the pros.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
add to that BC's Tom Coughlin, 2 super bowl victories & Stanfords Jim Harbaugh, 1 SB appearance (now at Michigan, who could be available)

And Bill Walsh (HC Stanford), Dick Vermeil (HC UCLA), Don Coryell (HC San Diego St), Paul Brown (HC Ohio St), Marv Levy (HC New Mexico).

Don't forget Switzer but of course he gets an asterisk.

Reactions: BAT