Jerry needs to keep his mouth shut

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Skippy is a troll. Ran out of Dallas . He’s just inciting responses. Heard we was gay. Not that’s there’s anything wrong with that.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Only cause he’s isolated on his boat.

So a billionaire who loves talking can't find a way to be vocal because he's on a floating city? If Jerry wanted to be in headlines it would be all too simple for him to do so. Media lap up whatever he says.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yea, you have shielded yourself from him. I otherwise think it’s critical to see and hear it to truly grasp the obstacles and handicaps he presents.

Good news is he’s been pretty quite out in his boat. No cameras in his face.
It looks like ol' KSK is right on this one. Jerry gave it up and hired an NFL staff. Told y'all. No, the proof is not definite yet, but signing Poe and McC and Haha and drafting Galley are huge huge steps that point toward Jerry finally realizing his way will not ever work.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It looks like ol' KSK is right on this one. Jerry gave it up and hired an NFL staff. Told y'all. No, the proof is not definite yet, but signing Poe and McC and Haha and drafting Galley are huge huge steps that point toward Jerry finally realizing his way will not ever work.
He did the same similar thing bringing in Parcells, even though for different reasons, still undermining and meddling causing distractions and frustrations for Bill.

I’d argue his hiring of a legit staff is in response to the public outcry not because Jerry has turned in the towel or an admittance his way was wrong.

Shoot, he would have held on to Garrett if he could have figured out how to sell the public. That’s not admitting his way was wrong.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Only reason he’s not front and center now is we finally have something he’s afraid of keeping him away. His life is more important at the moment. But it’s unlikely we have any kind of season so it’s probably pointless this year. We’ll see..

Some fans just need hope that Jerry is bowing out. Well, my money says he’s not. But at the same time his life is more important at the moment.

During the draft he was still front and center remotely. Don’t fool yourselves just because he hired a legit coaching staff.

kskboys

Reaction score
He did the same similar thing bringing in Parcells, even though for different reasons, still undermining and meddling causing distractions and frustrations for Bill.

I’d argue his hiring of a legit staff is in response to the public outcry not because Jerry has turned in the towel or an admittance his way was wrong.

Shoot, he would have held on to Garrett if he could have figured out how to sell the public. That’s not admitting his way was wrong.

Only reason he’s not front and center now is we finally have something he’s afraid of keeping him away. His life is more important at the moment.
Disagree. This was the first time you could clearly see he was wrought w/ defeat and finally just gave up the ghost on his own ideas and went w/ NFL talent up top.

Hey, if he starts meddling again, I'm wrong. If not, I'm right. At present, all signs point toward me getting this one right. You can deny it all you want, of course, but I just don't know how you can't see the signs of defeat in his eyes and words and actions. The public outcry has been there for decades, it that's all it was then JG would've been fired several years ago.

And we signed legit DT's in FA. These guys have been available before and we didn't even sniff. HUGE sign of changes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So a billionaire who loves talking can't find a way to be vocal because he's on a floating city? If Jerry wanted to be in headlines it would be all too simple for him to do so. Media lap up whatever he says.
It’s not the same as camera men and reporters confronting him at every turn and Jerry not shying away from a camera.

Isolated on a boat he’s not making himself available. But as we saw during draft he was still front and center remotely. As that was the only means.

There’s nothing to be in the headlines for until Daks signing. I assure you he will be then.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s not the same as camera men and reporters confronting him at every turn and Jerry not shying away from a camera.

Isolated on a boat he’s not making himself available. But as we saw during draft he was still front and center remotely. As that was the only means.

There’s nothing to be in the headlines for until Daks signing. I assure you he will be then.

That is my point, he can be in the headlines if he chooses. My comment was in regards to the thread saying he can't keep his mouth shut meanwhile Jerry is keeping his mouth shut. he's not out talking about social issues, daks contract, or anything else. He could be. He'd have headline on every sports paper or website out there by saying just a few words on almost any subject. My point is for a guy who can't keep his mouth shut hes been very quiet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Disagree. This was the first time you could clearly see he was wrought w/ defeat and finally just gave up the ghost on his own ideas and went w/ NFL talent up top.

Hey, if he starts meddling again, I'm wrong. If not, I'm right. At present, all signs point toward me getting this one right. You can deny it all you want, of course, but I just don't know how you can't see the signs of defeat in his eyes and words and actions. The public outcry has been there for decades, it that's all it was then JG would've been fired several years ago.

And we signed legit DT's in FA. These guys have been available before and we didn't even sniff. HUGE sign of changes.
The public pressure was the greatest this year with Garrett and the expectations so high plus how it added to the toxic atmosphere after the Patriot loss due to him. This was completely different from other years. And how he continued to attempt to find a way to hang on to him when even ardent supporters like me knew it was time to go.

This was a forced decision not because he’s admitting he’s been wrong. Now whether he takes a lesser role , who knows. That’s debatable. And I’m sure he’s allowing some decisions to be made. As always you have to convince him to go against his instincts. Which we saw in some cases with Garrett in OL drafts.

The bottomline like with Bill is the results will need to come in fast cause Jerry will lose patience if Mike doesn’t have anymore success on the field than the rest of them. That’s when he will insert more of his meddling .

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That is my point, he can be in the headlines if he chooses. My comment was in regards to the thread saying he can't keep his mouth shut meanwhile Jerry is keeping his mouth shut. he's not out talking about social issues, daks contract, or anything else. He could be. He'd have headline on every sports paper or website out there by saying just a few words on almost any subject. My point is for a guy who can't keep his mouth shut hes been very quiet.
Yea but no one in the Cowboys front office is mouthing off right now. There’s really nothing to talk about except Dak which they are all keeping quite about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My hunch is they all see the season is going down the drain . Nobody around the league is talking much except these idiots on these horrible Sports talk shows I wouldn’t even know about except for this forum.