Jerry needs to make a Primetime move

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like Simmons, but comparing him to Deion is hilariously criminal.
I don't think he's comparing Simmons the player to Deion the player.

He's comparing the idea of Jerry Jones adding a significant playmaker. Which by the way, Jerry thought he was doing when they signed Brandon Carr in 2012 and what he tried to do the year prior with Nnamdi Asomugha. Those two not really working out is what has allowed Jerry's gambling nature to take a back seat to Stephen's miser ways.

Deion becoming available in his prime (no pun intended) would be (was) a bigger deal than if Jalen Ramsey hit free agency tomorrow. The premiere player at a position (greatest of all time) hitting unrestricted free agency at age 27/28 typically doesn't happen. Charles, albeit still a very good, impact free agent addition for the Packers, was 30. Rod Woodson was 32. Patrick Peterson finally hits free agency at 31.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Haha, well played! But yeah, when I'm wrong, I know I'm wrong!

6f59179009e243471b84235d98f7d5310d9859ee.gifv

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Signing Simmons wouldn't change the fact that the Cowboys still have 4 picks in the top 100 come April.

Let's say 3 if them can contribute on defense.

Does 4 new players on defense make us better?

Signing Simmons isn't "one player away"

It would be one player closer.
Well alrighty then.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You don't need to cut Crawford. My goodness. Pay attention to your team.
His contract is over.
He can't be cut. He's not on the team.

Is Crawford's contract ever over? Dude had no reason to be on the team collecting $20M the past two years.
I wonder if he actually can be cut. For some reason Jerry keeps paying him.
Jerry, just give him some job on your yacht paying him millions instead of wasting valuable cap dollars on Crawford.
Someone reassure me Crawford does not sign a new contract.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Just saw a mock draft tonight and here is your primetime player, the TE from Florida with the 10th pick. It went on to say Jerry can't help himself with this luxury pick and the current TE's on the roster can't present a nightmare for Defenses like this guy.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Last time ole Jerry went after a game changing player it got him a SB. Jerry should go after Justin Simmons to take this defense to another level like he did with Deon Sanders.
This is such misguided advice. When the Cowboys acquired Deion Sanders in 1995, the Cowboys already had an SB contending team, They just needed Sanders to put them over the top. The Cowboys have a far different situation with the defense today. Acquiring Justin Simmons will take up a great deal of badly needed resources for one player... and then what? They'll still have several holes to fill. It is far better to manage those limited resources in a more efficient way. Understand, the Cowboys are not just a player or two away from having a team with a chance. However, I'll support your idea when they are.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just saw a mock draft tonight and here is your primetime player, the TE from Florida with the 10th pick. It went on to say Jerry can't help himself with this luxury pick and the current TE's on the roster can't present a nightmare for Defenses like this guy.

Don't give Jerry ideas

tenor.gif

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Last time, Jerry would have done anything to win a Super Bowl. Those days are long, long gone.

yimyammer

Reaction score
the only prime time move jeri could make is to load his sorry butt along with all his spawn onto that yacht of his and enjoy the high seas the rest of his days never to be heard from again

Brax

Reaction score
If you cut Crawford, it frees up 10 million.
The salary was projected to be lowest around 175 million but few cap websites are now projecting the floor to be around 185 million. If true that opens up additional 10 million.

Jerry can also put in a phantom year on Dak’s contract with portion of guaranteed money in it.
So you cut a FA who has zero cost and save 10 million, team building 101, please just stop.

basel90

Reaction score
Last time ole Jerry went after a game changing player it got him a SB. Jerry should go after Justin Simmons to take this defense to another level like he did with Deon Sanders.

Trade Dak , cut zeke and you save 50 mil cap space to afford a juggernaut defense