Jerry needs to stop the crap. and stop gushing over Goodell

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Goodell should have done is fire all involved in the Dez catch overturn. the fact that Dean Blandino and the others still have their jobs is on the fool Roger Goodell. sorry but you are wrong. Goodell sucks. Dez catch had nothing to do with rules. that's BS and you know it is.
One night, Jones will be sloppy drunk, jump on the internet, hit CowboysZone, start reading posts attached to his mascot's face, fire Rowdy via a text message. and Rowdy will be like what the

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
He has screwed the cowboys so much. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/jerry-jones-praises-roger-goodell-and-his-fairness/ there are some things that are more important than money and trying to host another super bowl. Bob Kraf is now finished with Goodell. and Jerry should be too. i am sick and tired of Jerry and his son telling us how great and fair this man is. because it's nothing but BS. Jerry did not fight the 10 million dollar cap hit. he did not stand up for his franchise and fight the Dez catch overturn. he is fight none of this Goodell BS. instead he is like a Lap Dog for this man. that needs to change. stop sucking up to this man Jerry, and fight for your players, coaches and franchise. GO BOB KRAFT. i hope he leads a group of owners who will fire this fool.

You mean the same Jerry who said when told he was being sued by the NFL, "They're paupers. I've been sued for billions."? Jerry knows where and when to pick his fights.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone.
Post of the day.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Goodell is the owners' sock puppet, so he gets the praise from the owners. Personally, I think the guy is completely over his head. And I think the commissioner is there to do what is best for the league. I wasn't a Tagliabue fan, but he really didn't give too much of a hoot what the owners think and tried to do what was best for the game. I disagreed with a lot of his decisions, but at least it was done with the game's best interest in mind.

This is why pro sports leagues rise and fall and the NFL will do as well. Eventually, by hook or by crook, the commissioner of the league becomes bought and paid for by the owners. It would be just as bad as a commish bought and paid for by the players. It's really about the fans and I think it's foolish for Jerry to think that down the road this will not come to bite the league in the arse. Jerry may be long gone by then, but it will trickle down to his family.

YR

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Remain allies with goodell. Roger needs a powerful owner like Jerry on his side. Leverage that power to get what you need when you need it.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Yes they did. I'm sorry you have to live in this conspiracy world of yours I will not be joining you. However this forum you can vent all you like no matter if it makes sense or not.

No they did not. what they did is screwed the cowboys. and i will never forget it or let it go. and that's only one of the reasons i am pissed at Jerry for not fighting for his franchise. making money is not everything.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Did you read the whole thing?

"The modest rate of franchise value growth under Goodell has come from a very high baseline — and perhaps some decline in the rate of growth was inevitable given how prodigiously they grew under Tagliabue. In absolute dollar terms — not percentages — NFL franchise values have risen by a collective $10.9 billion since 2006, compared with $11 billion for baseball, $7.5 billion for the NBA and $6.6 billion for the NHL. The NFL is still a hugely profitable business, and even poorly run franchises tend to make money because of the league’s aggressive revenue sharing and relatively favorable contractual agreements with players. According to Forbes, only the Detroit Lions lost money in 2013, and the league’s 32 franchises earned a collective $1.7 billion in operating income."

I don't think you could put anyone in there and expect the league to grow.

The entire premise of the article talks about how the NFL owners are overvaluing Goodell. Yes he took over a huge and profitable business and he's grown it at a slower rate than any other industry by a significant margin.

He is viewed as a bumbling fool who is inconsistent, arrogant and incompetent.

The NFL has grown in spite of him. Not because of him. And slowly to boot. Quite a travesty that he's made more money since he became commissioner than Peyton Manning has been paid.

Peyton Manning was the best QB in that span. Roger was probably the worst commissioner.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Hate to break it to some of you guys. but Roger Goodell does not give a crap about Jerry or the cowboys. and he has proven it over and over. Jerry and some of you need to stop sucking up to this fool. i can't stand him.how many sancions has he put on John Mara and the Giants ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No they did not. what they did is screwed the cowboys. and i will never forget it or let it go. and that's only one of the reasons i am pissed at Jerry for not fighting for his franchise. making money is not everything.

Then don't let it go, that is your choice however Goodell had nothing to do with it. Based on most of your comments you are always pissed so what makes today any different?

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The entire premise of the article talks about how the NFL owners are overvaluing Goodell. Yes he took over a huge and profitable business and he's grown it at a slower rate than any other industry by a significant margin.

He is viewed as a bumbling fool who is inconsistent, arrogant and incompetent.

The NFL has grown in spite of him. Not because of him. And slowly to boot. Quite a travesty that he's made more money since he became commissioner than Peyton Manning has been paid.

Peyton Manning was the best QB in that span. Roger was probably the worst commissioner.

Great post. +1000. your post is right on the money.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
What he and his son could have done about that Dez catch, is throw a fit in public. they did neither. they acted like it was no big deal. his team got screwed out of a chance to go to the NFC championship game for the first time in 2 decades. and you heard almost nothing out of Jerry or his son. he did not fight for his players, coaches or franchise.

A public fit?! Seriously? :facepalm:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May 13:
He has screwed the cowboys so much. blah blah blah. Bob Kraf is now finished with Goodell. and Jerry should be too. blah blah blah. he is fight none of this Goodell BS. instead he is like a Lap Dog for this man. that needs to change. blah blah blah. stop sucking up to this man Jerry, and fight for your players, coaches and franchise. GO BOB KRAFT.
May 19:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...england-patriots-will-not-appeal-nfl-decision
Robert Kraft said:
"Although I might disagree with what is decided, I do have respect for the commissioner and believe that he's doing what he perceives to be in the best interest of the full 32. So in that spirit I don't want to continue the rhetoric that's gone on for the past four months. I'm going to accept, reluctantly, what he has given to us and not continue this dialogue and rhetoric and we won't appeal."
Meanwhile... back at CowboysZone...

<crickets>